JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

1 hour ago, Polyphia said:

.... Sure if you are dumb at only 2X or 4X the cost... "save" 63,000,000,000 gallons of water... sounds like a lot right?  Uh no.  That is less than 200,000 acre feet of water.  California AG uses today a mere ~30,000,000 acre feet of water... Lets see, 3E7/2E5 is less than 0.66% it used to use over 40,000,000 when California allowed the pumps to actually run out of the Sacramento River. 

For that cost just build another dam or 2 or better yet to underground reservoirs with pumps to collect all that flood waters and that ~half Billion Acre feet of water that gushed out of CA's rivers over the last ~2months. 

Lets see, what is better, ~half a billion "saved" underground and in reservoirs, or at best 200,000 calculated "saved".  Literally, 1000X differnce

37 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

.... Sure if you are dumb at only 2X or 4X the cost... "save" 63,000,000,000 gallons of water... sounds like a lot right?  Uh no.  That is less than 200,000 acre feet of water.  California AG uses today a mere ~30,000,000 acre feet of water... Lets see, 3E7/2E5 is less than 0.66% it used to use over 40,000,000 when California allowed the pumps to actually run out of the Sacramento River. 

For that cost just build another dam or 2 or better yet to underground reservoirs with pumps to collect all that flood waters and that ~half Billion Acre feet of water that gushed out of CA's rivers over the last ~2months. 

Lets see, what is better, ~half a billion "saved" underground and in reservoirs, or at best 200,000 calculated "saved".  Literally, 1000X differnce

You are so smart; someone really should put you in charge of something.

1 hour ago, Polyphia said:

You are so smart; someone really should put you in charge of something.

They have. 

• Haha 1

Minnesota winters have warmed 5 degrees because of the oil industry!

Lets face it, this thread contains mostly religion posts denying climate change caused by the oil industry or oil industry paid shills. I don't know which is worse the unscientific uneducated fanatics or the sellouts.   Your children and your children's children will hate you in either case. This is the truth. 

8 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

They have. 

Have you managed to solve it yet?

Fun Time Time Shape Sorter Bus, 55889

• Haha 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, bloodman33 said:

Lets face it, this thread contains mostly religion posts denying climate change caused by the oil industry or oil industry paid shills. I don't know which is worse the unscientific uneducated fanatics or the sellouts.   Your children and your children's children will hate you in either case. This is the truth. 

Actually, many here have a valid concern about the rate of change evolving in the fossil fuel industry. 

Some forum members used to claim that man-made climate change due to rising atmospheric greenhouse gasses wasn't real.

Some forum members have altered that view, some members have not.  That's understandable, as climate change is a slow process that can span generations. Many continue to confuse "weather" with "climate".  We live within a chaotic system.  The opinions, posts, and insults on this forum are an expression of of that chaos.

It is difficult to alter your world view.

The bottom line is that petroleum products are highly addicting, and have seeped very deep into almost every part of the world's economy.  Heck, even into renewable energy production!

An MRI suite requires a sudden demand of about 50 KW to operate equipment.  Should we abandon or restrict MRI's while we transition to renewables?

Backing off from fossil fuels is gonna be painful for some.

And it's not gonna be cheap.

Edited by turbguy
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

They have. 

In this position of yours, do you make a lot of assumptions and interact in a condescending manner to everyone...or is it just on this forum? I am banking on the former.

• Haha 1

WTI crude price hasn't been this low since 2021.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:15 PM, notsonice said:

Peal Oil happened in 2019.........no turning back

2023....a bust for a new high....Fed is insuring Peak Oil happened in 2019

2024    a bust for a new high.....Fed is not going to ease up on rates Peak Oil happened in 2019

2025 EVs are selling at 25 million units a year

2026 EVs are selling at a 30 million units a year

Oil gets the shaft.......

100 million BPD for a whole year will never happen

Enjoy the transition to renewables

Brought to you by your pal, Putin and the FED

Oil demand will continue to increase going forward....enjoy it.

10 hours ago, bloodman33 said:

Do you still drive a fossil fuel vehicle? Yes?

(edited)

19 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Oil demand will continue to increase going forward....enjoy it.

Oil demand will continue to increase going forward?????

you have been claiming this for some time.....

Reality .......the IEA basis for the claims of increasing oil demand in 2023 and 2024 were made on switching from Nat gas to oil for power generation due to the expectation of $5 Henry Hub nat gas price in 2023...

Have you bother to look at the markets???

Nat gas price has crashed ...less than half of the $5 prediction of the IEA....

The FED is in charge and they are driving your great awaited demand increase going forward into a just another of one of your many pipedreams

and oil demand today.....

$72 Brent....wowser....... were you long Oil ?????? ohhhh the pain....

Your July 2022 posting of Goldman Sacks $130 brent at the end of 2022...where is Goldman Sacks today.....still in its own pipedream

now tell me why is the 2024 Brent Futures at $71.61 today?  clearly a market in backwardation...reflecting a long term contraction in demand

Oil demand will continue to increase going forward??? ha ha ha famous last words of someone who was long in oil ........

Now you enjoy the transition to renewables.........as the long term market for Oil sucks because of it.....

Edited by notsonice

2 hours ago, notsonice said:

Oil demand will continue to increase going forward?????

you have been claiming this for some time.....

Reality .......the IEA basis for the claims of increasing oil demand in 2023 and 2024 were made on switching from Nat gas to oil for power generation due to the expectation of $5 Henry Hub nat gas price in 2023...

Have you bother to look at the markets???

Nat gas price has crashed ...less than half of the $5 prediction of the IEA....

The FED is in charge and they are driving your great awaited demand increase going forward into a just another of one of your many pipedreams

and oil demand today.....

$72 Brent....wowser....... were you long Oil ?????? ohhhh the pain....

Your July 2022 posting of Goldman Sacks $130 brent at the end of 2022...where is Goldman Sacks today.....still in its own pipedream

now tell me why is the 2024 Brent Futures at $71.61 today?  clearly a market in backwardation...reflecting a long term contraction in demand

Oil demand will continue to increase going forward??? ha ha ha famous last words of someone who was long in oil ........

Now you enjoy the transition to renewables.........as the long term market for Oil sucks because of it.....

You were given the data, you have no excuse.

3 hours ago, Polyphia said:

WTI crude price hasn't been this low since 2021.

When was the last time we had a world financial crisis?

(edited)

16 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

You were given the data, you have no excuse.

data??? your bs babble is not data

how is the demand for oil today????

ha ha ha falling price is the result of falling demand....

$74 Brent and the bottom is nowhere near.......get a ladder as the hole gets deeper

The big bad FED is in charge not big Oil...........

Enjoy the transition to renewables, I am

Edited by notsonice

(edited)

4 hours ago, Polyphia said:

In this position of yours, do you make a lot of assumptions and interact in a condescending manner to everyone...or is it just on this forum? I am banking on the former.

Blatant lazy liars who refuse to do basic mathphysics are definitely condescended to.  Part of why/what I was put in charge. 

Bully Liars are always slapped with logic and condescension in public.

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
sp

2 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Blatant lazy liars who refuse to do basic mathphysics are definitely condescended to.  Part of why/what I was put in charge. 

Bully Liars are always slapped with logic and condescension in public.

I posted the article because I thought it was interesting. I didn't accompany it with any commentary other than the term "floatovoltaics," which I thought was an apt name. If you inferred that I was advocating that these floating solar cells be built on reservoirs across the globe, that is your error/problem.

You were put in charge of something because there were "blatant lazy liars who refuse to do basic mathphysics [sic]"? Who are the "Bully Liars" who deserve to be slapped with logic and condescension? Please help me understand what you are trying to convey.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, notsonice said:

ha ha ha falling price is the result of falling demand...

Total World Liquid Fuels Consumption ............... 98.77 98.69 100.45 99.75 99.94 100.60 101.47 101.56 102.04 102.31 103.25 103.14 99.42 100.90 102.69   these figures are q1 2022 to projected q4 2024.

Demand is as strong as it ever has been and still growing...... "ha ha"? WTF is wrong with your babble?  Crude will continue to rise daily for the foreseeable future, (more than 2 years out). Try acting like an adult for a change and spouting the "enjoy the change" at the end of your idiotic posts that lack true "data". 

• Upvote 1

Ecocharger: Dude not only do I drive an all gas car, I have made 1 million dollars on oil stocks this year.  That does not change the facts.  The oil industry is causing climate change, and it is happening rapidly, not in many generations but now!   That is a fact.

• Rolling Eye 1

5 hours ago, notsonice said:

ha ha ha falling price is the result of falling demand....

$74 Brent and the bottom is nowhere near.......get a ladder as the hole gets deeper

The big bad FED is in charge not big Oil...........

You were shown the numbers...enjoy the future oil dominance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bloodman33 said:

Ecocharger: Dude not only do I drive an all gas car, I have made 1 million dollars on oil stocks this year.  That does not change the facts.  The oil industry is causing climate change, and it is happening rapidly, not in many generations but now!   That is a fact.

For someone who insists on driving a fossil fuel car, you should apologize for the nonsense you spout about climate change. If you really believed what you are advocating, you would drive an EV.

(edited)

3 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Total World Liquid Fuels Consumption ............... 98.77 98.69 100.45 99.75 99.94 100.60 101.47 101.56 102.04 102.31 103.25 103.14 99.42 100.90 102.69   these figures are q1 2022 to projected q4 2024.

Demand is as strong as it ever has been and still growing...... "ha ha"? WTF is wrong with your babble?  Crude will continue to rise daily for the foreseeable future, (more than 2 years out). Oil demand will continue to increase going forward and spouting the "enjoy the change" at the end of your idiotic posts that lack true "data". 

Oil demand will continue to increase going forward??? ha ha ha WTF are you suffering from dementia????

Old man did you miss the post several  weeks ago  on Oilprice that 2025 will the peak of all fossil fuels...and its is downhill forever (meaning that NAT gas peaks in 2025 and coal and oil already have peaked)

or are you really that senile that you are unable to recall all the facts they posted in the article.......

Futures market today says it all .....Backwardation all the way through till 2025

the FED is in charge.....not big oil.......The FED is not going to be happy until they crush Oil....

$65 Brent on the horizon???? end of the second quarter....and yet no buyers snapping up future contracts going forward to support your BS on increasing demand

the future oil demand was based on $ 5 nat gas....and the assumption nat gas to oil conversions would take place to generate electricity.....IEA blew it and anyone that tries to make a living on their forecast will be eating dirt

Gas to Oil conversion not happening at $2.50 nat gas...it is the other way around

Jan and Feb were busts in oil demand and the price to today reflects lack of demand/oversupply

Enjoy the reality that your assumptions are based on a market that no longer exists.....

IEA forecasts are based on $5 nat gas........ha ha ha 

Anyone beleiving nat gas is going back to $5 any time soon ???? ha ha ha

And all at the same time as renewables keeps expanding meeting all the new demand for electricity 

With a world in slowdown mode

Oil will never peak over 2019

Edited by notsonice

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

You were shown the numbers...enjoy the future oil dominance.

Jan and Feb are real results ...oil demand sucked

Price in a tailspin right now.....oil demand today sucks

Enjoy the real numbers

oil dominance???? dude are you on the payroll of Aramco????

3 hours ago, Polyphia said:

You were put in charge of something because there were "blatant lazy liars who refuse to do basic mathphysics [sic]"? Who are the "Bully Liars" who deserve to be slapped with logic and condescension? Please help me understand what you are trying to convey.

Suggest a mirror

(edited)

here is a repost for the braindead oil and coal lovers

love the highlight of the article

data shows a peak of 39 Gtpa in 2025, but that timeline could move up to as early as next year if the short-term macroeconomic outlook accelerates the energy transition.

and today the macroeconimic outlook is accelerating the transition.

Enjoy the transition. I am 

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Fossil-Fuel-Emissions-Projected-To-Peak-In-2025.html

Fossil Fuel Emissions Projected To Peak In 2025

By Rystad Energy - Feb 27, 2023, 11:00 AM CST

• Direct CO2 emissions from power and heat generation will peak this year.
  • Fossil CO2 emissions reached an all-time high of about 38.3 Gtpa last year.
  • The power and heating sector is expected to drive the upcoming fossil CO2 decline from mid-decade onwards.
  • While Europe, the US and China make progress, India’s emissions grow.n Our Community

The inflection point for fossil fuel carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions is nigh, with emissions on track to peak by 2025, according to Rystad Energy research and analysis. On the current global pathway of announced policies, projects, industry trends and expected technological advancements, global CO2 emissions are poised to hit about 39 gigatonnes per year (Gtpa) in 2025 before settling into a steady annual decline as industries clean up their carbon footprint.

Edited by notsonice