JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

1 hour ago, AlBub said:

The idiots at ERCOT that screwed up the system in 2021 screwed it up because the members weren't from Texas and had no skin in the game along with not having to answer to anyone. To do so much wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if their wasn't a little maliciousness involved.

The stupidest thing was the ERCOT members not being from Texas.

ERCOT had management issues, but all of those members were qualified, well versed in electrical operations, and succumbed to pressures from the market (eg, don't spend money that's only worth it once a decade) rather than doing the diligence of forcing the NAT GAS industry to do the right things.

The sequestration of Nat Gas regulation in Texas to another independent body is wrong.

Texas will still suffer repeats.

Hail happens when temperature in the upper layer of sky is much colder. Water vapour gathered turned ice instead of water droplets in a cloud.

This coincides with the observation that clouds were hanging much lower than usual last year. This indicates colder temperature at lower sky. In addition, Average temperature on the ground was mentioned to be more than 10'C lower than usual temperature.

Someone mentioned global cooling cycle has begun but was snorted at by a few. He however, might not be wrong... 

IMG_20230703_134436.jpg

(edited)

11 hours ago, AlBub said:

The idiots at ERCOT that screwed up the system in 2021 screwed it up because the members weren't from Texas and had no skin in the game along with not having to answer to anyone. To do so much wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if their wasn't a little maliciousness involved.

The stupidest thing was the ERCOT members not being from Texas.

Uh no. You sound like a typical Texan claiming that foreigners caused your downfall. 1. You provide zero evidence. 2. You are admitting that Texans are too dumb and incapable of protecting themselves. 3. You are in a no win situation except to use more renewables.

California is laughing at you.

That would be the same California which was actually illegally attacked by Enron, a Texas company. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

ERCOT the grid has shareholders. Two companies owned by a Russian oligarch has the largest percentage. Somewhere around 13%. This was after the storm. How much other stock was foreign owned in all of Texas, who knows. It’s a lot. Many refineries, pipelines, drilling companies etc. Just a decade ago or so the US promoted all kinds of foreign investment. We had sister cities with China for example. Todays problems with China and Russia are a turnound in their pursuit of international trade. They want power and land growth or at minimum regime control. The experiment with trade entanglements promoting cooperation is over. It’s time to pick sides and go our separate ways. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Once they become weaker through lack of trade they will get new leaders and try again. Cooperative enemies can shut down trade. Just watch China and Russia over the next 5 years. I think their markets will keep shrinking. 

On 7/2/2023 at 3:28 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

The grid requires that supply and demand are equal or else the grid fails. It does not work any other way, It is a brutal all or nothing market. Power plants do not run at 50% output because they would be losing money. They run at 100% or 0%. You don't get to have an opinion. 

The Texas authorities decreased production because they were idiotic morons and people died. They barely missed crashing the entire grid and killing 10x as many people. The electricity market is a zero sum game. 

The difference in US electrical production between 2007 and 2022 is less than 1%. Try dealing with reality.

image.png.6907d3a2862610ca5456157f317a1937.png

No, the size of the supply is determined by the authorities, not a zero-sum. The supply and demand are both dynamic, not constant.

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

No, the size of the supply is determined by the authorities, not a zero-sum. The supply and demand are both dynamic, not constant.

Electrical demand and production must match. That is how the grid functions. Authorities screwed up and broke the grid. That is not a dynamic functioning market.

In 2007 US electricity supply and demand was 

image.png.238e6815b9ce410464634cced50e2b02.png

in 2022 US electricity supply and demand was

image.png.da4118e0c316a0614669d0a1c66c8967.png

That is a change of less than 1% in 15 years. 

During those 15 years NG, solar and wind increased by the exact percentage that coal decreased. All other energy generation remained the same. That is the definition of a zero sum market.

image.thumb.png.a107d8165f72478471f9729623e0039a.png

12 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Uh no. You sound like a typical Texan claiming that foreigners caused your downfall. 1. You provide zero evidence. 2. You are admitting that Texans are too dumb and incapable of protecting themselves. 3. You are in a no win situation except to use more renewables.

California is laughing at you.

That would be the same California which was actually illegally attacked by Enron, a Texas company. 

Wrong on all counts except me being from Texas. Outsiders do not have as much interest in  doing things right for anywhere else. Someone who lives in Michigan for instance, could not know what is best for Texas, just as I would not pretend to know what is best for them..

The Californians I see are all newcomers to my are, And yes, they are laughing. They seem quite joyful to be out of California.

And didn't you just blame their problems on outsiders. Hmmm!

(edited)

3 hours ago, AlBub said:

Wrong on all counts except me being from Texas. Outsiders do not have as much interest in  doing things right for anywhere else. Someone who lives in Michigan for instance, could not know what is best for Texas, just as I would not pretend to know what is best for them..

The Californians I see are all newcomers to my are, And yes, they are laughing. They seem quite joyful to be out of California.

HaHa, Enron went to jail and Texas is about to become the leader in green energy for a few years. California took control of the entire western US grid while Texas can't even control their own grid. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

5 hours ago, AlBub said:

Texas a magnet state???? for the braindead.... and Ercot is an example what happens when the braindead all get together

The smart people leave Texas and the slow ones stay or move to Texas. Can you explain why Texas is #41 ......

ha ha ha

please note where Texas is ....number 41 on the list of brains

I sure would not be bragging that people are moving to your state in droves , as the people moving to Texas are not playing with a full deck of cards, the same as those already in the state. Ercot ...yes the nation is laughing at Texas along with the joyful braindead ones that move to Texas

yep You are in the State that ranks 41 in brains out of 50

Quality and attainment: 2023’s most—and least—educated states in America

• 1 Massachusetts: Educational Attainment (1), Quality of Education (1)
  • 2 Maryland: Educational Attainment (4), Quality of Education (2)
  • 3 Connecticut: Educational Attainment (6), Quality of Education (4)
  • 4 Vermont: Educational Attainment (3), Quality of Education (15)
  • 5 Colorado: Educational Attainment (2), Quality of Education (37)
  • 6 New Jersey: Educational Attainment (10), Quality of Education (6)
  • 7 Virginia: Educational Attainment (5), Quality of Education (16)
  • 8 New Hampshire: Educational Attainment (7), Quality of Education (11)
  • 9 Minnesota: Educational Attainment (8), Quality of Education (24)
  • 10 Utah: Educational Attainment (11), Quality of Education (12)
  • 11 Washington: Educational Attainment (9), Quality of Education (25)
  • 12 Rhode Island: Educational Attainment (24), Quality of Education (5)
  • 13 Delaware: Educational Attainment (21), Quality of Education (7)
  • 14 New York: Educational Attainment (18), Quality of Education (14)
  • 15 Oregon: Educational Attainment (12), Quality of Education (41)
  • 16 Illinois: Educational Attainment (17), Quality of Education (18)
  • 17 Hawaii: Educational Attainment (14), Quality of Education (35)
  • 18 Maine: Educational Attainment (15), Quality of Education (31)
  • 19 Montana: Educational Attainment (13), Quality of Education (46)
  • 20 Wisconsin: Educational Attainment (25), Quality of Education (10)
  • 21 Florida: Educational Attainment (35), Quality of Education (3)
  • 22 Nebraska: Educational Attainment (20), Quality of Education (38)
  • 23 North Dakota: Educational Attainment (22), Quality of Education (26)
  • 24 Wyoming: Educational Attainment (23), Quality of Education (30)
  • 25 Kansas: Educational Attainment (16), Quality of Education (49)
  • 26 North Carolina: Educational Attainment (28), Quality of Education (13)
  • 27 Michigan: Educational Attainment (26), Quality of Education (28)
  • 28 California: Educational Attainment (37), Quality of Attainment (8)
  • 29 Alaska: Education Attainment (19), Quality of Education (50)
  • 30 Pennsylvania: Education Attainment (27), Quality of Education (36)
  • 31 Iowa: Educational Attainment (29), Quality of Education (29)
  • 32 Georgia: Educational Attainment (33), Quality of Education (22)
  • 33 Missouri: Educational Attainment (31), Quality of Education (33)
  • 34 Ohio: Educational Attainment (36), Quality of Education (21)
  • 35 South Dakota: Educational Attainment (30), Quality of Education (40)
  • 36 Idaho: Educational Attainment (34), Quality of Education (32)
  • 37 Arizona: Educational Attainment (32), Quality of Education (44)
  • 38 Indiana: Educational Attainment (41), Quality of Education (9)
  • 39 South Carolina: Educational Attainment (38), Quality of Education (34)
  • 40 Tennessee: Educational Attainment (40), Quality of Education (19)
  • 41 Texas: Educational Attainment (42), Quality of Education (17)
  • 42 New Mexico: Educational Attainment (39), Quality of Education (48)
  • 43 Kentucky: Educational Attainment (46), Quality of Education (19)
  • 43 (Tied for 43) Nevada: Educational Attainment (45), Quality of Education (23)
  • 44 Oklahoma: Educational Attainment (43), Quality of Education (42)
  • 45 Alabama: Educational Attainment (44), Quality of Education (39)
  • 46 Arkansas: Educational Attainment (47), Quality of Education (27)
  • 47 Louisiana: Educational Attainment (48), Quality of Education (43)
  • 48 Mississippi: Educational Attainment (49), Quality of Education (45)
  • 49 West Virginia: Educational Attainment (50), Quality of Education (47)

notsonice:  Texas ranger slaughtered thousands of Mexican Farmers in Texas.  The land was stolen from Mexico.  I figure if Texas is given back to Mexico, which it should, the education of the state will improve because right now it is horrible and the politics are corrupt. The Mexicans could not do worse then the current situation for the majority of people living there.  And once the money is taken from the oil companies and given to the education system it should be a gem.

I just love the smell of gasoline.

Actually the vast majority of people moving to Texas are Indians from India where most are contractors taking jobs away from American citizens. because of traitorous companies hiring them.  There is no state income tax and it is hot.  Texas has the greatest Indian population other than India. Most live in Houston. That said, lots of good Indian restaurants in Houston.  Even their imported high IQ's can't offset the stupidity of the state, and the governor. .  Time to sell it back to mexico to right a wrong.

The schools where the Indians from India live are pretty good, but the average Texan does not make enough money to live in those school districts.  Almost all work remotely. Time to take the oil companies profits and give it to Mexico too!

5 hours ago, bloodman33 said:

It is time the oil industry and ecoblabble pay for my air conditioning electric bill!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jul/04/monday-was-hottest-day-for-global-average-temperature-on-record-as-climate-crisis-bites

Doom! Doom! Where is the accountability!   It is time for the CEOS of the industry to walk the walk of shame!

Pay your own bills or go without ac. Hang out at the mall or bars. Move to Bangladesh where there is no electricity. If your Dem or independent take responsibility for yourself and the world. If your Republican blame everything else and stage a Coup.  

Hi,

I have a few questions I can never get the answer to concerning global warming.

What is the average temperature of the earth today?

What are the names of the 5 species that will be extinct by 2040?

What is the error range when measuring hydrogen atoms in air trapped in ice core and relating that value to temperature of the air in a frozen part of the world and extrapolating that value around the world to come up with a global temperature 100,000 years ago?

Will

(edited)

13 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

The supply "size" must equal demand, on a very short time basis (certainly less than 1 minute).

Demand is determined by customers (they are the "demand"), until the "authorities" take action in times of inadequate supply to cut supply to those particular customers who agree to it.  If that action doesn't produce balance, the "authorities" must cut supply to those customers that don't agree to it.

The "authoriities" do intend to include a margin of safety to the size of supply.  Sometimes, that intention is not possible to maintain.

For example, Texas, February, 2021.

In times of "overadequate" supply, the "authorities" can take no action other than "pumping up storage" (if available).

Edited by turbguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NWMan said:

Hi,

I have a few questions I can never get the answer to concerning global warming.

What is the average temperature of the earth today?

What are the names of the 5 species that will be extinct by 2040?

What is the error range when measuring hydrogen atoms in air trapped in ice core and relating that value to temperature of the air in a frozen part of the world and extrapolating that value around the world to come up with a global temperature 100,000 years ago?

Will

Have you tried this obscure website called google?

Here is the average Earth temp: http://www.columbia.edu/~mhs119/Temperature/

16 hours ago, Boat said:

ERCOT the grid has shareholders. Two companies owned by a Russian o.

ligarch has the largest percentage. Somewhere around 13%. This was after the storm. How much other stock was foreign owned in all of Texas, who knows. It’s a lot. Many refineries, pipelines, drilling companies etc. Just a decade ago or so the US promoted all kinds of foreign investment. We had sister cities with China for example. Todays problems with China and Russia are a turnound in their pursuit of international trade. They want power and land growth or at minimum regime control. The experiment with trade entanglements promoting cooperation is over. It’s time to pick sides and go our separate ways. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Once they become weaker through lack of trade they will get new leaders and try again. Cooperative enemies can shut down trade. Just watch China and Russia over the next 5 years. I think their markets will keep shrinking. 

ERCOT has members, not shareholders.

ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation. Its members include consumers, electric cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities (transmission and distribution providers), and municipally owned electric utilities.

Some of those members may be foreign-owned.

2 hours ago, turbguy said:

ERCOT has members, not shareholders.

ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation. Its members include consumers, electric cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities (transmission and distribution providers), and municipally owned electric utilities.

Some of those members may be foreign-owned.

Finding out that the majority of members in ERCOT were foreign owned would be beyond hilarious. We must keep digging into this. 

19 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Electrical demand and production must match. That is how the grid functions. Authorities screwed up and broke the grid. That is not a dynamic functioning market.

In 2007 US electricity supply and demand was 

image.png.238e6815b9ce410464634cced50e2b02.png

in 2022 US electricity supply and demand was

image.png.da4118e0c316a0614669d0a1c66c8967.png

That is a change of less than 1% in 15 years. 

During those 15 years NG, solar and wind increased by the exact percentage that coal decreased. All other energy generation remained the same. That is the definition of a zero sum market.

image.thumb.png.a107d8165f72478471f9729623e0039a.png

There are fluctuations in demand and supply of electrical energy from month to month depending on availability of wind and solar.

In the Texas case there was room for electrical energy imports, exports.

My own electricity bills change month to month.

(edited)

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

There are fluctuations in demand and supply of electrical energy from month to month depending on availability of wind and solar.

In the Texas case there was room for electrical energy imports, exports.

My own electricity bills change month to month.

Texas famously does not import or export electricity. How do you not know this?

Fluctuations have nothing to do with whether or not it is a zero sum game. In every five minute market interval demand is fixed. If you successfully bid in it means someone else lost. 

The meaning of ZERO-SUM GAME is a situation in which one person or group can win something only by causing another person or group to lose it.
Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

33 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Texas famously does not import or export electricity. How do you not know this?

ERCOT has some "small" DC ties to the SWPP and Mexico. They can export and import some power. 

I believe these DC ties have a capability of less than 1000 MW in total.

That said, ERCOT does NOT service 100% of Texas within state lines, but only a majority of it.

Edited by turbguy

(edited)

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

ERCOT has some "small" DC ties to the SWPP and Mexico. They can export and import some power. 

I believe these DC ties are less than 1000 MW in total.

Yep, basically nothing. Technically a little over 1% of peak demand. But they do their best to keep it well below that.

image.png.b21bdb3cdf3de5d993242e9b4b1b99b1.png

As I post this they are importing 124 MW.

image.thumb.png.5e516624ae9f0d041386854cc5a89ea2.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

It is time for boat to pay my electric bill!!!