JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

54 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

There is no escaping what's to come."   You are almost learning!

Oh pllzzz grasshopper, Ever time China has attempted to lead...they fall flat on there face.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

16 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You did not answer the question.  Do you want high oil prices or high oil consumption? 

If you look at reality all the automotive manufacturers are switching to EV.  Sunk costs, long-term vision, no going back.

Fossil fuel cars dominate the fleets in the entire world, it is nonsense to talk about any energy transition.

Even Germany has scrapped its long term goals and targets.

https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/climate-energy/germany-passes-law-make-energy-savings-compulsory-2023-09-21/

"Yielding to industrial lobbies' pressure, Thursday's approved law was watered down from its original April draft, scrapping targets for industrial companies and consumption beyond 2030.

A group representing industrial companies said the new law lacked positive incentives to save energy, adding that it would lead to legal uncertainty and limit growth.

"The savings targets now standardized by law ... cannot realistically be achieved without endangering economic growth in this country," said Achim Dercks, the managing director at DIHK Chambers of Commerce and Industry."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Fossil fuel cars dominate the fleets in the entire world, it is nonsense to talk about any energy transition.

Even Germany has scrapped its long term goals and targets.

https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/climate-energy/germany-passes-law-make-energy-savings-compulsory-2023-09-21/

"Yielding to industrial lobbies' pressure, Thursday's approved law was watered down from its original April draft, scrapping targets for industrial companies and consumption beyond 2030.

A group representing industrial companies said the new law lacked positive incentives to save energy, adding that it would lead to legal uncertainty and limit growth.

"The savings targets now standardized by law ... cannot realistically be achieved without endangering economic growth in this country," said Achim Dercks, the managing director at DIHK Chambers of Commerce and Industry."

it is nonsense to talk about any energy transition????

you still live in  denial........Hanging on to the thought that you can dump CO2 into  everyone else's backyard  forever?????

Keep your head buried in your crawl space as not only are the majority of the worlds population talking about the energy transition they are carrying forward the transition

Enjoy the Green Revolution.....every-time you plug into an outlet or flip a light switch the power you use is greener and greener

Thanks for participating in the Green Transition......Hope you enjoy it......

Enjoy reality

https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/climate-energy/global-survey-shows-two-thirds-population-favours-solar-power-2023-09-15/

Solar energy shines in global survey with 68% support

September 15, 20237:23 AM MDTUpdated 8 days ago
Edited by notsonice

(edited)

figure_6_01_c.png

figure_6_01_d.png

Edited by notsonice

(edited)

5 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

He is dead spot on. A very old market  dynamic..interest rates along with hyper inflation has killed the 50K and above market...disposal income is gone.

Historically manufacturing has incentived under performing market segments...but that time has come and gone. There broke, far to much capital was squandered on EV production and no returns...Actually billions in losses. The housing market is a clear demonstration of what's coming.

EV production will or actually has become a pariah in the US. EU automakers are revolting against any more Chinese EV dumping...there is no escaping what's to come..A very bad time world wide.

Biden gives lifeline to legacy automakers with $15B to retrofit existing factories for EV production

Avatar for Fred LambertFred Lambert | Aug 31 2023 - 10:56 am PT

https://electrek.co/2023/08/31/biden-lifeline-legacy-automakers-15-billion-to-retrofit-existing-factories-ev-production/

The higher the price, the heftier the inventory. The $60,000 to $80,000 segment had the most with 77 days’ supply, followed closely by the $50,000 to $60,000 category at 74 days’ supply.

In contrast, the under $20,000 segment had a scant 21 days’ supply, followed by the $20,000 to $30,000 category with 35 days’ supply. The $30,000 to $40,000 segment had a 45 days’ supply. The $40,000 to $50,000 and above $80,000 segments both had 62 days’ supply.

The real world numbers say otherwise. You are just ignoring reality and spreading lies. 

The inventory rates are completely normal: "Historically, a 60 days’ supply across the industry was considered normal and ideal." - Cox https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/new-vehicle-inventory-august-2023/

According to Cox, the same company that reported the higher EV inventory a few months ago that you guys have been crowing about, are now reporting that the numbers have reversed and ICE inventory is up while EV inventory is down with EV sales increasing at over 100% growth on an annual basis. Your 'pariah' just keeps growing like gangbusters!

Automakers are not revolting against Chinese dumping in the EU market.  VW, Mercedes and BMW make a huge amount of money from China and they don't want China retaliation for EU protectionism. Instead they are moving production to China to import to EU. It is labor that is revolting. Yet again you are just spreading more of your know nothing BS.

And the US housing market is doing fine, do you ever say anything that isn't just utter crap?:

Despite ultra-high mortgage rates and home prices, the market remains as competitive as ever, thanks to demand levels surpassing the ongoing inventory crunch and homeowners who locked in low interest rates staying put. https://www.forbes.com/advisor/mortgages/real-estate/housing-market-predictions/

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Between Jay McKinsey and Notsonice they have 6480 posts and positive 2243/quite the dismal numbers......... 

And yes I did just buy another 2024 5.0L ICE car. As long as gasoline is produced, I will keep buying ICE vehicles. I have a fleet of diesel trucks and yup, they slug alot of fuel. Part of business. 

Enjoy the ICE revolution, I AM!!!!!

• Haha 1

(edited)

21 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Between Jay McKinsey and Notsonice they have 6480 posts and positive 2243/quite the dismal numbers......... 

And yes I did just buy another 2024 5.0L ICE car. As long as gasoline is produced, I will keep buying ICE vehicles. I have a fleet of diesel trucks and yup, they slug alot of fuel. Part of business. 

Enjoy the ICE revolution, I AM!!!!!

That's the best you got? BWAHAHAHA!! I'm not here to be liked, I'm here to correct all the misinformation you and your low information colleagues spread. And you guys really like to give the thumbs down every time I point out how wrong and dumb you are.

Oh and there won't be much gasoline being produced in 30 years. Enjoy the end of ICE.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Great Response! 1

8 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That's the best you got? BWAHAHAHA!! I'm not here to be liked, I'm here to correct all the misinformation you and your low information colleagues spread. 

Oh and my rating, yet again you are just talking BS about my having dismal numbers:

image.png.df1434ac4b1bb0d5ece2b6adb8a191f2.png

"I'm here to correct all the misinformation you and your low information colleagues spread."

I have real world experience in the oil industry, I don't need to fabricate false info....  what is your experience in the oil industry? Since you seem to think your extreme lopsided numbers are helpful to the community, keep posting rubbish. Some of it is actually amusing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

"I'm here to correct all the misinformation you and your low information colleagues spread."

I have real world experience in the oil industry, I don't need to fabricate false info....  what is your experience in the oil industry? Since you seem to think your extreme lopsided numbers are helpful to the community, keep posting rubbish. Some of it is actually amusing. 

enjoy the future ....will be in your state soon.......

The EPA approves California's plan to phase out diesel trucks

March 31, 20238:11 PM ET

By 

The Associated Press

ap23082550779596-e553ebe8f15f77c8f6561f9

Trucks line up to enter a Port of Oakland shipping terminal on Nov. 10, 2021, in Oakland, Calif. President Joe Biden's administration cleared the way for California's plan to phase out a wide range of diesel-powered trucks, a part of the state's efforts to drastically cut planet-warming emissions and improve air quality in heavy-traffic areas.

Noah Berger/AP

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Biden administration cleared the way Friday for California's plan to phase out a wide range of diesel-powered trucks, part of the state's efforts to drastically cut planet-warming emissions and improve air quality in heavy-traffic areas like ports along the coast.

The decision by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency allows California — which has some of the nation's worst air pollution — to require truck manufacturers to sell an increasing number of zero-emission trucks over the next couple of decades. The rule applies to a wide range of trucks including box trucks, semitrailers and even large passenger pick-ups.

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Experience in the oil industry is irrelevant and you have no experience with EVs yet you post misinformation about them frequently. Understanding economics and being able to do research is what matters. EV sales are skyrocketing!! Yet you think they aren't, what more can be said about your intellectual failure?

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Experience in the oil industry is irrelevant and you have no experience with EVs yet you post misinformation about them frequently. Understanding economics and being able to do research is what matters. EV sales are skyrocketing!! 

Sorry bud, go thru my posts......I just state i have no use for EV's. My wifes RAV4 is a hybrid. I put too many miles on my trucks with no infrastructure in place where I live. Very few EV's on the roads in Central Illinois. Us rural folks where there is no charging stations makes no sense to purchase a Plug-In vehicle. A Ford Lightning wouldn't pull the trailer and materials legally, and so diesel wins.......

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, notsonice said:

enjoy the future ....will be in your state soon.......

The EPA approves California's plan to phase out diesel trucks

March 31, 20238:11 PM ET

By 

The Associated Press

ap23082550779596-e553ebe8f15f77c8f6561f9

Trucks line up to enter a Port of Oakland shipping terminal on Nov. 10, 2021, in Oakland, Calif. President Joe Biden's administration cleared the way for California's plan to phase out a wide range of diesel-powered trucks, a part of the state's efforts to drastically cut planet-warming emissions and improve air quality in heavy-traffic areas.

Noah Berger/AP

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Biden administration cleared the way Friday for California's plan to phase out a wide range of diesel-powered trucks, part of the state's efforts to drastically cut planet-warming emissions and improve air quality in heavy-traffic areas like ports along the coast.

The decision by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency allows California — which has some of the nation's worst air pollution — to require truck manufacturers to sell an increasing number of zero-emission trucks over the next couple of decades. The rule applies to a wide range of trucks including box trucks, semitrailers and even large passenger pick-ups.

My Sister who is 72 years old sits in Oakland port. She transports meat in a diesel refer trailer till offloaded and put on ship and plugged in. Has been doing this for many years. She just laughs when we talk about EV Semi's in California. Said probably not for another 15 to 20 years will the infrastructure be in place for that to happen. So in the mean time, if you live near Oakland and SF enjoy the fumes, That's $$$$ for alot of folks. Basic economics.........

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

My Sister who is 72 years old sits in Oakland port. She transports meat in a diesel refer trailer till offloaded and put on ship and plugged in. Has been doing this for many years. She just laughs when we talk about EV Semi's in California. Said probably not for another 15 to 20 years will the infrastructure be in place for that to happen. So in the mean time, if you live near Oakland and SF enjoy the fumes, That's $$$$ for alot of folks. Basic economics.........

enjoy the fumes.....

dude what are you smoking....

you enjoy air pollution?????

only a sick person would post enjoy the fumes.....

do you think air pollution from diesels is something to enjoy or is funny?????

40 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

I have real world experience in the oil industry, I don't need to fabricate false info....  what is your experience in the oil industry?

Who gives a crap about your oil industry experience?

Being an expert in a dying industry is not much of a merit.  Shall I tell you how I am good at spinning yarn? :)

(edited)

16 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

72 year olds, yep they know what the future holds.  Finger on the pulse of the nation I say...  very definition of a fossil human whose outdated ideas will die with her.  If your sister is 72 I'm pretty sure you have one foot in the grave too.

If the industry was so good for her she should have had a good retirement years ago.

Edited by TailingsPond

16 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Sorry bud, go thru my posts......I just state i have no use for EV's. My wifes RAV4 is a hybrid. I put too many miles on my trucks with no infrastructure in place where I live. Very few EV's on the roads in Central Illinois. Us rural folks where there is no charging stations makes no sense to purchase a Plug-In vehicle. A Ford Lightning wouldn't pull the trailer and materials legally, and so diesel wins.......

Here is one of the EV lies you told:

image.thumb.png.582b799a9e04df1a333877b703310472.png

1 minute ago, TailingsPond said:

Who gives a crap about your oil industry experience?

Being an expert in a dying industry is not much of a merit.  Shall I tell you how I am good at spinning yarn? :)

Oh geez, another loser posting crap......This is OILPRICE.com, and is not a dying industry. Your yarn is probably synthetic and made from you guessed it.....oil. Duhhhhh

(edited)

5 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You still avoid the question.  Do you want high oil consumption or high oil prices?

You do understand there is a conflict right? Do I need to draw a picture?

Edited by TailingsPond

Here is one of the EV lies you told:

image.thumb.png.582b799a9e04df1a333877b703310472.png

Was that a negative post? I don't think so. Long ways across Canada and in winter would probably take couple weeks to go from end to end. 

1 minute ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Oh geez, another loser posting crap......This is OILPRICE.com, and is not a dying industry. Your yarn is probably synthetic and made from you guessed it.....oil. Duhhhhh

Oil prices can go up or down and you can make money either way.

This is Not ProOilNews.com or some crap.  If you want a circle jerk of confirmation look at alt right websites.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Yes it will take 15 or 20 years for semi EV infrastructure to be built out. So what? This is again just you dissing EVs for something that no one is claiming.

4 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

No, I wear mostly cotton, Merino wool for hiking.

Believe it or not clothing existed before oil refining!

If your "fashion taste" has you wearing polyester slacks and rayon instead of the timeless cotton jeans and a T-shirt I feel for you.

Yes it will take 15 or 20 years for semi EV infrastructure to be built out. So what? This is again just you dissing EVs for something that no one is claiming.

Being realistic Jay.....that's all. I am stating what real world folks talk about. EV's are not that popular in this area. Now if you want to talk about hydrogen fuel auto's. Makes more sense to go that avenue but the powers that be are insisting on Electric. Probably because $$$$ invested into the raw materials that goes into making the batteries. 

3 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

timeless cotton jeans and a T-shirt I feel for you.

yuppers, and cotton boxers and cotton sox. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Oh pllzzz grasshopper, Ever time China has attempted to lead...they fall flat on there face.

You disagree with your own words?

China trade balance shows they do pretty darn well.  Remember trumps failed trade war?

PS please study some grade school English.