JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

28 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Look at the data, friend. Pollution is down. Your study should show a decline in pollution related deaths.

Feel free to present some data - I see no data from your end.

When you look for air urban air pollution data you will find that it primarily comes from fossil fuels. 

Do not confuse global emissions with local emissions.  You can run a gas generator in the middle of a desert and nobody will suffer much harm.  Run that same generator in your dinning room and you will see harm; just accept that some part of you knows exhaust is toxic.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

48 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Did Darwin get his PhD degree? No? As I recall, you made a big issue out of this.

Did you just LOSE interest? Or were you just blowing smoke?

You recall incorrectly.  I made the point that Darwin didn't have to worry about financial pressures to publish his book.

I then made fun of your favourite code monkey Coe - who still has yet to earn his PhD.

https://daviology38.github.io/

You took those two concepts and mashed them together.

If you bothered to look up Darwin you would know he was made a member of the Fellowship of the Royal Society and granted a doctorate.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Hahah

Look at Coe's website!

https://daviology38.github.io/autumnfrost/

Connection to Climate Change

f16.jpg

Many studies have been done looking at changes in the timing of seasons, *Cooter and Leduc 1995 and *Easterling 2002 both found that the average first frost date was coming later in the year(0.5 days per decade), while the last frost date is coming earlier in the year (1.3 days per decade). This suggests that summer is getting longer on both ends, moreso in the spring season. Our recent study on the *Autumn Season in the Northeast U.S. found that weather patterns related to summer are occurring later into the autumn season, while weather patterns related to winter aren’t occurring as often early in the season. This is to say that due to summer lengthening, the typical onset of weather we associate with autumn is delayed, and cooler weather is less likely to occur in September and October than before.

daily_min_temps_frost.png

The above map shows the past 5 years of temperatures for September and October plotted for some of the climate sites around Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. We see that over the past 5-years, these sites have been seeing their first frost date (first day with a minimum temperature at or below 32°) towards the middle of October for sites further north, and towards early November for sites further south. This is a change of almost 2 weeks compared to the expected median timing of first frost for these regions! Expect these changes to be the new climate normal as we keep going forward.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

Temp Trend is directly linear for going on 100 years... Before CO2 increase went assymptotic and nowhere close to linear, and in fact did not really start to get going until late 20th century in 1980's... and yet, temp trend is linear

ALL the models show otherwise and are clearly blatantly wrong and nowhere close to reality. 

Trend was linear BEFORE CO2 giant increase, and during giant CO2 increase

ANYONE with a brain can figure out --> Its not CO2 genius.  Unless you are political whore of course

12 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Temp Trend is directly linear for going on 100 years... Before CO2 increase went assymptotic and nowhere close to linear, and in fact did not really start to get going until late 20th century in 1980's... and yet, temp trend is linear

ALL the models show otherwise and are clearly blatantly wrong and nowhere close to reality. 

Trend was linear BEFORE CO2 giant increase, and during giant CO2 increase

ANYONE with a brain can figure out --> Its not CO2 genius.  Unless you are political whore of course

Dude, I'm just posting new things Coe wrote. None of that were my ideas.

Can we at least agree his earlier paper is not some holy grail against anthropogenic climate change?

• Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Really?  All the models? 

What model do you use? Some model must be closest to the truth.

I really am curious where you find this knowledge of reality.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Pollution from what?  Say it.

You were the one who brought up pollution. You say it, and I will knock it down.

Feel free to present some data - I see no data from your end.

When you look for air urban air pollution data you will find that it primarily comes from fossil fuels. 

Do not confuse global emissions with local emissions.  You can run a gas generator in the middle of a desert and nobody will suffer much harm.  Run that same generator in your dinning room and you will see harm; just accept that some part of you knows exhaust is toxic.

You have to look at regions, not lump everything together. North America and Europe are down in terms of air pollution of all types, particulates are down, in spite of vastly increased consumption of fossil fuels. That tells you everything you need to know about that so-called "study".

(edited)

19 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You recall incorrectly.  I made the point that Darwin didn't have to worry about financial pressures to publish his book.

I then made fun of your favourite code monkey Coe - who still has yet to earn his PhD.

https://daviology38.github.io/

You took those two concepts and mashed them together.

If you bothered to look up Darwin you would know he was made a member of the Fellowship of the Royal Society and granted a doctorate.

No, I challenged you to tell me if Darwin earned a PhD from Cambridge, 

An honorary doctorate is not even remotely the same thing. You were fooled by that?

By the way, you might be interested to know that Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday, Simon Peyton Jones, Robin Milner, among others, never earned PhD's. Milner never got his PhD, but he had many famous doctoral students. 

So Darwin and Coe are in good company.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

That is all very interesting but also very off topic.

In other words, you cannot find any challenge to the Coe et al. paper on the relative strengths of greenhouse gases or to the calculations made there.

The longer his calculations stand without challenge, the more credible they become.

That is how science works. You can borrow my handkerchief again to dry your tears.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

In other words, you cannot find any challenge to the Coe et al. paper on the relative strengths of greenhouse gases or to the calculations made there.

The longer his calculations stand without challenge, the more credible they become.

That is how science works. You can borrow my handkerchief again to dry your tears.

The longer his calculations stand without challenge, the more credible they become.????

only to low IQ people

credibility is gained through Peer reviews and when your work is used as a basis of others work where they prove up your work and add to it

you have neither ....so you have nothing but your own BS 

Edited by notsonice

54 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

You have lost it man. I'm done.

Use that to bloat your ego?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You have lost it man. I'm done.

Use that to bloat your ego?

You just got schooled on how the academic world functions. Many researchers in the sciences do not have PhD degrees, you are just learning that now.

I am pleased to see you learn something.

• Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

No, I challenged you to tell me if Darwin earned a PhD from Cambridge, 

An honorary doctorate is not even remotely the same thing. You were fooled by that?

By the way, you might be interested to know that Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday, Simon Peyton Jones, Robin Milner, among others, never earned PhD's. Milner never got his PhD, but he had many famous doctoral students. 

The longer his calculations stand without challenge, the more credible they become.????

only to low IQ people

credibility is gained through Peer reviews and when your work is used as a basis of others work where they prove up your work and add to it

you have neither ....so you have nothing but your own BS 

(edited)

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

The link was to a new Coe paper.  Did you not notice that?

That last junk paper went from received to published in a month.

His newer paper is much better quality.  Look at the review time, over a year to publication.

publication timeline.png

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

53 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

The link was to a new Coe paper.  Did you not notice that?

That last junk paper went from received to published in a month.

His newer paper is much better quality.  Look at the review time. 

publication timeline.png

Again you failed to find any challenges to his work on the components of greenhouse gases...I have to give you another fail for that effort.

The fact that you have to run away from the greenhouse gas paper to find something else to complain about is clear evidence of the strength of the greenhouse gas paper. 

Thanks for your demonstration, I like it.

I guess the CO2 ideologues were unable to find a science challenge to his work. You seem to confirm that. Good.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Rolling Eye 1

50 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Again you failed to find any challenges to his work on the components of greenhouse gases...I have to give you another fail for that effort.

The fact that you have to run away from the greenhouse gas paper to find something else to complain about is clear evidence of the strength of the greenhouse gas paper. 

Thanks for your demonstration, I like it.

I guess the CO2 ideologues were unable to find a science challenge to his work. You seem to confirm that. Good.

You found a challenge of his work right here! 

How would you feel if Coe retracted that paper?

I showed you his more recent - and higher quality - work. Why don't you focus on that?

• Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

How is citing a newer paper from the same author running away?

Coe has the ability to learn and progress, you think all climate science stopped at his early work; he certainly doesn't. 

Look at Coe's website I linked, he clearly is a programmer who is interested in weather.  He would never claim to be some clairvoyant who ended the climate change debate.

His PhD advisor is also focused on weather, not climate. 

https://github.com/mathewbarlow

You still lack the gonads to e-mail Coe directly and ask for yourself?

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

On 12/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, Old-Ruffneck said:

You seem to miss this part!!! 

You're take was 3% out of the whole barrel.  Duhhhhh

One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like:

Solvents Diesel fuel Motor Oil Bearing Grease
Ink Floor Wax Ballpoint Pens Football Cleats
Upholstery Sweaters Boats Insecticides
Bicycle Tires Sports Car Bodies Nail Polish Fishing lures
Dresses Tires Golf Bags Perfumes
Cassettes Dishwasher parts Tool Boxes Shoe Polish
Motorcycle Helmet Caulking Petroleum Jelly Transparent Tape
CD Player Faucet Washers Antiseptics Clothesline
Curtains Food Preservatives Basketballs Soap
Vitamin Capsules Antihistamines Purses Shoes
Dashboards Cortisone Deodorant Shoelace Aglets
Putty Dyes Panty Hose Refrigerant
Percolators Life Jackets Rubbing Alcohol Linings
Skis TV Cabinets Shag Rugs Electrician’s Tape
Tool Racks Car Battery Cases Epoxy Paint
Mops Slacks Insect Repellent Oil Filters
Umbrellas Yarn Fertilizers Hair Coloring
Roofing Toilet Seats Fishing Rods Lipstick
Denture Adhesive Linoleum Ice Cube Trays Synthetic Rubber
Speakers Plastic Wood Electric Blankets Glycerin
Tennis Rackets Rubber Cement Fishing Boots Dice
Nylon Rope Candles Trash Bags House Paint
Water Pipes Hand Lotion Roller Skates Surf Boards
Shampoo Wheels Paint Rollers Shower Curtains
Guitar Strings Luggage Aspirin Safety Glasses
Antifreeze Football Helmets Awnings Eyeglasses
Clothes Toothbrushes Ice Chests Footballs
Combs CD’s & DVD’s Paint Brushes Detergents
Vaporizers Balloons Sun Glasses Tents
Heart Valves Crayons Parachutes Telephones
Enamel Pillows Dishes Cameras
Anesthetics Artificial Turf Artificial limbs Bandages
Dentures Model Cars Folding Doors Hair Curlers
Cold cream Movie film Contact lenses Drinking Cups
Fan Belts Car Enamel Shaving Cream Ammonia
Refrigerators Golf Balls Toothpaste

Gasoline

The three key ingredients for the pharmaceutical industry are cumene, phenol and benzene. Phenol and cumene can be created from benzene quite easily, so the question is: can we make benzene without oil?

Turns out we can: Heating lime and carbon (in the form of coke) together produces calcium carbide. When exposed to water, calcium carbide releases acetylene (ethyne). Acetylene can be cyclotrimerized to benzene, for example using a cobalt catalyst.

Story is: we can replace oil pretty much everywhere. At the moment it is just cost that stops us. At some point in the future, it will be cheaper to not use oil. But that point in the future is defined by governments; O&G without government intervention will manage to undercut this for decades to come.

• Upvote 1

The end of the failed transition is now in sight. The oil majors are abandoning the artificial and foolishly designed "targets" for CO2 reduction, apparently aware that those targets are without any meaning and not related to meaningful climate effects.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Big-Oil-Chases-High-Fossil-Fuel-Returns-amid-Poor-Renewable-Showing.html

"The oil and gas industry has stressed that affordability and energy security are at least as equally important as helping the world reduce carbon emissions.

Big Oil relies on windfall profits to raise returns to shareholders in an attempt to lure them back after years of ESG-driven reluctance to invest in fossil fuel companies.

After their U.S. peers, now European majors such as BP and Shell have been hitting the brakes on throwing their cash on clean energy."

"ExxonMobil’s chairman and CEO, Darren Woods, said in November that “The solutions to climate change have been too focused on reducing supply. That’s a recipe for human hardship and a poorer world.”  

In remarks at the APEC CEO Summit, Woods noted that the final element critical to long-term success is market-based mechanisms, as “No government can afford to subsidize the energy transition forever.”"

6 hours ago, Jeroen Goudswaard said:

The three key ingredients for the pharmaceutical industry are cumene, phenol and benzene. Phenol and cumene can be created from benzene quite easily, so the question is: can we make benzene without oil?

Turns out we can: Heating lime and carbon (in the form of coke) together produces calcium carbide. When exposed to water, calcium carbide releases acetylene (ethyne). Acetylene can be cyclotrimerized to benzene, for example using a cobalt catalyst.

Story is: we can replace oil pretty much everywhere. At the moment it is just cost that stops us. At some point in the future, it will be cheaper to not use oil. But that point in the future is defined by governments; O&G without government intervention will manage to undercut this for decades to come.

There needs to be a better case for climate change related to CO2. In order to make the enormous sacrifices in human well-being which are being asked of the general populations, especially of the middle class and poorer classes, there must be a more robust climate science supporting the CO2 hypothesis of climate change. So far, the models constructed claiming to support this view have been shown to be inadequate and incomplete, and have not included relevant variables in their specification.

Until then, there is no sense of public urgency to make any transition.

10 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You found a challenge of his work right here! 

How would you feel if Coe retracted that paper?

I showed you his more recent - and higher quality - work. Why don't you focus on that?

You obviously missed the point, we were discussing the measurements of greenhouse gases found in the other paper, the one you are running away from. 

You were apparently unable to find any challenge to that paper, so that is a big fail for your claims.

Get to work.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

How is citing a newer paper from the same author running away?

Coe has the ability to learn and progress, you think all climate science stopped at his early work; he certainly doesn't. 

Look at Coe's website I linked, he clearly is a programmer who is interested in weather.  He would never claim to be some clairvoyant who ended the climate change debate.

His PhD advisor is also focused on weather, not climate. 

https://github.com/mathewbarlow

You still lack the gonads to e-mail Coe directly and ask for yourself?

The Coe paper had three authors, you are navel-gazing on an unrelated paper with different authors.

If you simply cannot find any challenge to the greenhouse gas paper, then just admit defeat and I will accept your admission as a step forward in your enlightenment.

• Downvote 1