New coalition formed to promote offshore drilling

A new coalition in support of offshore energy exploration and development was launched Wednesday by a national oil and natural gas industry trade association. Explore Offshore, a project of the American Petroleum Institute, (API) introduced the organization that is made up of several dozen businesses and community leaders in the southeastern United States.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. The finest out there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most coastal states are opposed to off-shore drilling due to all of the pollution and other environmental risks involved,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Meanwhile said:

Most coastal states are opposed to off-shore drilling due to all of the pollution and other environmental risks involved,

Opinions can be changed. Would rather call it Fund or Lobbying budget rather than coalition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offshore drilling makes no sense unless the public absorbs 100% of the risk. No one is ready to absorb 100% of the risk. Oil companies or public

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Cokiga Damke said:

Offshore drilling makes no sense unless the public absorbs 100% of the risk. No one is ready to absorb 100% of the risk. Oil companies or public

I know. Look at the Deepwater Horizon. $65 billion so far and it's still not cleaned up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wealthy people own beachfront property and the last thing they want is an oil coated beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Hajga Loma DK said:

wealthy people own beachfront property and the last thing they want is an oil coated beach. 

You underestimate big oil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hajga Loma DK said:

wealthy people own beachfront property and the last thing they want is an oil coated beach. 

Zinke initially discussed a possible waiver for Florida from the drilling, but has since said that an exemption for that state had not been finalized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ja’Nako Bezze said:

A new coalition in support of offshore energy exploration and development was launched Wednesday by a national oil and natural gas industry trade association. Explore Offshore, a project of the American Petroleum Institute, (API) introduced the organization that is made up of several dozen businesses and community leaders in the southeastern United States.

What offshore drilling plan? Most states have already told Zinke they don't want any off-shore pollution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Joanna said:

What offshore drilling plan? Most states have already told Zinke they don't want any off-shore pollution.

and why should Florida be given any special consideration about offshore oil drilling that is not offered to every other coastal state?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, 李伟王芳 said:

and why should Florida be given any special consideration about offshore oil drilling that is not offered to every other coastal state?

We all know why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offshore drilling has been going on all over the world for several decades. I do not think it has created a great amount of pollution that is long lasting. Nature seems to do a very good job of cleaning it up over time. I remember walking on tar to get to the beach in California when I was a boy. Oil derricks were everywhere. We are a lot more finicky now, but we also have a lot more people. 

Natural gas is my answer for lowering the price of transportation, keeping beaches clean, and the air cleaner than it is. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0