Does the USA need help filling their strategic reserves for next to almost nothing from the Middle East?

(edited)

A few months back, the Saudis advised an oil rich Middle East country that they should ask the USA for help. To an ordinary person, this advice may not seem funny, but it's funny if you understand that the Saudis and Kuwaiti's had to go through hell to get out of the USA's grips over supplying the USA's strategic reserves after the Kuwait-IRAQ war. It was like a never ending bad dream. Even worse than most wars. The Saudi's advice was like two methods of comedy rolled into one. First part was "should you take the advice, good luck shaking the USA off your butt", and the second part was, " that country liked neither the Saudis nor the USA so why would they ask for help." I'd just like to add that the Saudis always had a sense of humor.  

Edited by Danny Hangartner
minor change in gramma
  • Like 1

The U.S. probably wont need middle eastern oil sometime soon. But it should probably think about redesigning its relationship in terms of energy field with China, one of the main buyers of U.S. oil and gas. 

• Like 2

China, ASEAN, and Asia for the most part have been investing and have sought investing in the Middle East. They received some good feedback from a large part of the Middle East.

The Iran relationship with China doesn't appear to complicate China's determination to invest in other Middle Eastern countries. Investing over there is more like buying oil rights in a proven field. Large investments are happy with a 10% profit.

China invests heavily into both North America and South America. North America would be its biggest trading 'partner'. Here oil investments are more volatile. They're taking more of a chance. But, gain is greater.

• Like 1

What the hell!!  Why not just supply it from the discounted crude coming out of the Permian Basin????  Why the hell buy it from the Saudi's!!

Some "expert" will surely fill me in on this idea??

Capt. Lauren Dowsett

• Like 2

(edited)

23 minutes ago, Capt. Lauren Dowsett said:

What the hell!!  Why not just supply it from the discounted crude coming out of the Permian Basin????  Why the hell buy it from the Saudi's!!

Some "expert" will surely fill me in on this idea??

Capt. Lauren Dowsett

Here's the best answer you'll get. The Permian Basin has exaggerated supplies of crude. Sure, some money will be made, but the oil fields will soon run out. All the oil that the USA is claiming that's theirs is mostly processed from Canada and resold as USA oil. It's like if I bought a vehicle from you and resold it. Do I advertise it as your old car? No! For the US, it's simply business.

Could you imagine an oil hungry country like the USA telling the truth about their reserves? Oil investment would be slow. Oil prices would skyrocket.

Edited by Danny Hangartner
  • Like 1

According to the EIA Canada net exports around 3 mbpd to the US. Mexico net exports around .5 mbpd to the US. The US the last quarter net imports 2.7 mbpd. What does that mean? N America is oil independent. 

The media and politicians seem to have missed this landmark milestone. 

We need Middle Eastern oil like we need a hole in our head.

hole-in-the-head-3-728.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0