Warning:
very bad & unclear Market is Ahead
The markets are throwing the hissy fit we’ve been predicting, but the Fed is showing more determination than anyone expected.
Fed is showing more determination than anyone expected.
The problem is, there’s nothing the Fed will be able to do about inflation, and once investors realize this some assets are going to crater…and others are going to soar.
Gold is flat today. So are most of the rest of the markets, except for the Nasdaq and crypto, which are dropping as I write.
It seems like we’re momentarily in the eye of the storm, and the turmoil is about to begin once more.
Why? Consider the situation we’re now facing:
• Central banks – led by the Federal Reserve – are intent to fight off rising inflation with rate hikes....
• The markets are responding with massive sell-offs, sending a very clear message to the Fed to lay off….
• Inflation remains at 1970s levels — and while the peak is likely behind us, prices are going to continue rapidly rising for months and even years to come….
• With today’s towering debt loads, the Fed simply can’t afford to raise rates high enough to stem the inflationary surge.
• In fact, the Fed will be forced at some point to not only return to easy-money policies, but at levels far greater than before.
The big difference between today and similar crisis points like the 2008 financial crisis and the 2020 Covid response is that things are happening much more quickly.
Instead of turning back from its rate hikes in 18-24 months as I’d expected, I think the turning point could come by late summer or early fall…or even sooner.
With all of this and more going on, many investors are caught like deer in the headlights, unsure of which way to turn.
But a few others are quietly confident, taking comfort in one unassailable fact:
Second, the fundamentals and technicals are lined up perfectly for the precious metals, commodity and mining stock opportunities  is renowned for offering.
As I just noted above, the Fed will have to reverse course soon. And when it does, there’s going to be havoc in the investment markets.
What does it all mean?
It means there’ll be big winners and big losers.
It means you’re now facing tremendous risks and opportunities…and you have to be prepared for what’s coming.

Everything — the years spent mired in the pandemic…the macro-economic set-up…the geopolitical uncertainty…the teetering stock markets…soaring inflation…commodities taking off…and the Fed’s upcoming retreat on monetary tightening will comes.

images.jfif

I have no comment to make on the material, except to ask whether this is the right forum for it. This forum is about energy technology, science and research, but the comment is more about the markets and finance..