ML

E-car Sales Collapse

On 11/27/2023 at 7:06 AM, lexington green said:

That won't prevent the world from using both.   Wind and Solar don't have to drill, transport.

😆😆😆  yea, those wind towers, blades etc and solar panels magically appear...

I own solar panels, they did not magically appear.  Suggest you go back and read some more Harry Potter, I am sure his magic wand will help

(edited)

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Chinese EVs make much more money being sold in the EU. If you had an understanding of econ you might get a clue.

To be sure this is the Tang being made in China and dumped in the EU. Designed by German engineering no less...

https://www.byd.com/eu/car/tang

Screenshot_20231128-181112.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

To be sure this is the Tang being made in China and dumped in the EU. Designed by German engineering no less...

Probably way nicer than what you drive.

(edited)

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

You challenged me to prove that Chinese EVs make more profit being sold in Europe than China, I proved it and got a good laugh at your expense out of it. 

Oh and it isn't dumping if they are charging more than in China.

image.png.d8d8e04d744b93d53dfe31252374d4d3.png

Economics and law just aren't your strong suit.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You challenged me to prove that Chinese EVs make more profit being sold in Europe than China, I proved it and got a good laugh at your expense out of it. 

As to profit...LMAO plz. 

Brussels officially starts probe into Chinese electric vehicles

European Commission investigation follows pressure from the French government.

Those probes happen when a foreign country is suspected of subsidizing products in a way that harms European industry — as EU executive believes to be the case.

The Commission will now seek reactions from the Chinese government and the companies concerned.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brussels-officially-starts-probe-into-chinese-electric-vehicles/

Once again Green Energy mighr well bring another global incidence into being, and possibly the Germans being at center stage?

French Desire For EU Protection From China’s Electric Cars Irks Germany

https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwinton/2023/06/26/french-desire-for-eu-protection-from-chinas-electric-cars-irks-germany/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

9 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

As to profit...LMAO plz. 

Brussels officially starts probe into Chinese electric vehicles

European Commission investigation follows pressure from the French government.

Those probes happen when a foreign country is suspected of subsidizing products in a way that harms European industry — as EU executive believes to be the case.

The Commission will now seek reactions from the Chinese government and the companies concerned.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brussels-officially-starts-probe-into-chinese-electric-vehicles/

But once again Green Energy is now about to bring another global incidence into being, and possibly the Germans once again?

French Desire For EU Protection From China’s Electric Cars Irks Germany

https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwinton/2023/06/26/french-desire-for-eu-protection-from-chinas-electric-cars-irks-germany/

Apparently you do not know what profit is.

Nothing in your post says anything about Chinese manufacturers not profiting more from selling their cars in Europe. Those manufacturers get the same subsidies whether the car is sold in China or Europe. I showed you both general numbers and a specific example of 'Chinese EVs selling in Europe for almost twice what they sell for in China. That is proof that they are making more by selling a car in Europe than China. You really are just clueless.

Germany is concerned because their auto industry makes most of its money from both exports to China and manufacturing in China and are concerned about Chinese retaliation. France makes its automotive money from selling in Europe. 

image.png.511ddf026b52a9f032f66955e7f7800d.png

image.png.2c96adfa4c6dd0dcf82535ec6e7b44b5.png

Your lack of understanding about what is going on or how anything works is formidable.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

14 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Activists blogging success will no longer bolster the Green Revolution..It is over, the 4th quarter will illuminate just how disasterous thing have become.

This is absolute GOLD!!

Nearly spat my coffee out laughing.

Will you eat crow in January?

9 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

😆😆😆  yea, those wind towers, blades etc and solar panels magically appear...

Just like oil rigs, subsea well heads, flexibles, FPSO's, refineries! They must just magically appear as well!

7 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

And what of it?

If the Germans are stupid enough to help BYD a clear future rival to their auto industry then more fool the Germans!

Dumping as Jay pointed out is selling a product abroad for less than the domestic market price, when actually theyre doing the opposite.

The EU are shitting themselves that their beloved auto industry is going to get decimated by the Chinese, its inevitable there will be tariffs. Just like the US steel industry imposes on Chinese steel!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Just like oil rigs, subsea well heads, flexibles, FPSO's, refineries! They must just magically appear as well!

And we will need even BIGGER refineries if one starts processing algae into plastics etc.  All that algae have to grow somewhere requiring vast amounts of infrastructure etc.  Has to come from somewhere, does not magically appear.  Solar/wind build out require vast multiples of steel, aluminum than we currently mine.  Get going, I am fine with more mining/refining.  Every nation on earth if they had half a brain would have strategic piles of Steel, aluminum, cement, etc... but alas our political hoe "leaders" are all brain dead narcissists

• Like 1

Lets face it there will be refineries, FF plants , ICE cars for at least the rest of this century.

However the energy mix will be far more diverse which can only be a good thing IMO.

Clean air to breathe is a must, not just for mankind but for all fauna, so those that are massive polluters should be the first to get canned.

(edited)

On 11/28/2023 at 8:54 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

My strong suit or yours, time for R&R Jay...you have lost it.

European Union Opens Probe Into Subsidy-Backed Chinese EVs

EU Commission president said Chinese EVs with "artificially low" prices enabled by "huge state subsidies" 

None of Nio's operations are profitable, though. The "secret" to Nio's success – and many other EV makers from China – is government backing. That is exactly what the EU has set out to prove with its probe into subsidy-backed Chinese EVs available in Europe.

With virtually limitless cash at their disposal, Nio and other Chinese EV makers can withstand big losses and keep growing.

https://insideevs.com/news/686483/european-union-opens-probe-into-subsidy-backed-chinese-evs/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

38 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

EU Commission president said Chinese EVs with "artificially low" prices enabled by "huge state subsidies" 

None of Nio's operations are profitable, though. The "secret" to Nio's success – and many other EV makers from China – is government backing. That is exactly what the EU has set out to prove with its probe into subsidy-backed Chinese EVs available in Europe.

With virtually limitless cash at their disposal, Nio and other Chinese EV makers can withstand big losses and keep growing.

https://insideevs.com/news/686483/european-union-opens-probe-into-subsidy-backed-chinese-evs/

name of the game has always been in the EU ............Protectionism..........

Let the fun start

the game of cheap EV exports has just started

as The EV price wars started earlier this year inside China with Tesla playing hardball

as for the consumer........EV prices are falling everywhere

EVs will easily sell 25 Million cars in 2025

where does this leave ICE production and market share...................dropping fast.ha ha ha

and oil demand??????....those pesky EVs  will decimate the dead cat Oil bounce of 2023

Peak Oil already happened.....2019

Production in 2024 Less than 100 MBD and less than 2019

Great to see OPEC getting what it deserves...........a real enema

Enjoy the Transition

Big Oil and OPEC will need to slash production more than 2 million barrels a day to maintain $80 Brent....

Their meeting yesterday failed to set a floor in Brent............$75 Brent for Xmas

the cards are set for $70 Brent in 2024 and Sleepy Joe will cruise to victory with zero inflation and $2.40 gas at the pump

PS Lithium prices $22,000 a tonne.......converted to Yuan 157,000 .....  chart that sucker ha ha ha

one fourth the price from a year ago

Price of EVs has plenty of downward room

image.png.4d6b96ff769e48a68b2853a3107e5a20.pngimage.png.4d6b96ff769e48a68b2853a3107e5a20.png

Edited by notsonice

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

From your article in the other thread: BYD, China's electric car leader, is an exception among domestic EV makers, i.e. it is profitable. The company backed by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway tripled profit to $1.5 billion in the first half of this year. Besides building plug-in cars, BYD also makes its own batteries.

BYD is bigger than all the other native Chinese EV manufacturers combined. They are the only one that matters.

NIO uses a dumb battery swap technology that requires massive capital investment and have almost zero sales in Europe. They are only available in 3 EU countries because of that. Last year they sold 1350 cars in Europe and this year it looks like they will be at 1600.

image.thumb.png.5e1ac53e5b74414ddb5b823d696363f0.png

So try again, you are always good for a laugh.

Australia: Electric Vehicles Exceed 10% of Auto Sales for First Time!

2 months agoDavid Waterworth

Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!

Out of the 110,000 vehicles sold in Australia in September 2023, 10.6% came with a plug. Approximately 8% of these (8,821 units sold) were battery electric and 2% (1,264 units sold) were plugin hybrid EVs. The Tesla Model Y was once again the highest selling BEV and SUV, and third overall, coming in just behind the Toyota Hilux and the Ford Ranger. Finally, Australia exceeds 10% EV market share!

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

From your article in the other thread: BYD, China's electric car leader, is an exception among domestic EV makers, i.e. it is profitable. The company backed by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway tripled profit to $1.5 billion in the first half of this year. Besides building plug-in cars, BYD also makes its own batteries.

BYD is bigger than all the other native Chinese EV manufacturers combined. They are the only one that matters.

NIO uses a dumb battery swap technology that requires massive capital investment and have almost zero sales in Europe. They are only available in 3 EU countries because of that. Last year they sold 1350 cars in Europe and this year it looks like they will be at 1600.

image.thumb.png.5e1ac53e5b74414ddb5b823d696363f0.png

So try again, you are always good for a laugh.

Actually Jay...7k cars out of 300,000 is no victory...But then again perhaps bottom dwelling is your fortre...LMAO 

Screenshot_20231130-144410.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Actually Jay...7k cars out of 300,000 is no victory...But then again perhaps bottom dwelling is your fortre...

Screenshot_20231130-144410.jpg

And that 7K is larger than every other native Chinese importer combined. I love how you include

Ford and Ferrari in your analysis. Thank you for pointing out the failure of your argument. But of course no one knows what exactly your argument is including you.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

And that 7K is larger than every other native Chinese importer combined. I love how you include

Ford and Ferrari in your analysis. Thank you for pointing out the failure of your argument. But of course no one knows what exactly your argument is including you.

Ya Don't Say...time for intermission...just grins and giggles for now.

EVs have 79% more reliability problems than gas cars, says Consumer Reports

Teething problems abound with new electric powertrains.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/11/evs-have-79-more-reliability-problems-than-gas-cars-says-consumer-reports/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

This is the Conservative Dream.  I have the Liberal Dream, a PV system which has powered our household and electric cars for eight years now.

Do you still pay for electricity and gasoline?

On 11/25/2023 at 2:46 PM, Ron Wagner said:

True, but only because of our stupid government mistakes. You could be filling your tank from your own natural gas line daily. Just like you do with an electric vehicle or anywhere else where it is supplied.

You want a Nat Gas compressor in YOUR home?

Not me.

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

You want a Nat Gas compressor in YOUR home?

Not me.

Of course, Don't you have natural gas in your home? CNG is lighter than air and just needs ventilation or done outside. 

On 11/30/2023 at 12:05 AM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

And we will need even BIGGER refineries if one starts processing algae into plastics etc.  All that algae have to grow somewhere requiring vast amounts of infrastructure etc.  Has to come from somewhere, does not magically appear.  Solar/wind build out require vast multiples of steel, aluminum than we currently mine.  Get going, I am fine with more mining/refining.  Every nation on earth if they had half a brain would have strategic piles of Steel, aluminum, cement, etc... but alas our political hoe "leaders" are all brain dead narcissists

You can grow algae in any pond, lake, etc. it doesn't have to be a fancy bioreactor.

Heck, blooms happens spontaneously in areas with lot of fertilizer runoff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eutrophication

Tailing ponds are prebuilt and already contaminated.  The algae could play a role in remediation.

1 hour ago, Ron Wagner said:

Of course, Don't you have natural gas in your home? CNG is lighter than air and just needs ventilation or done outside. 

Electricity is even lighter, does not need ventilation or done outside and is way cheaper in all regards.

On 12/2/2023 at 5:56 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Electricity is even lighter, does not need ventilation or done outside and is way cheaper in all regards.

That is a good laugh, Jay.

Electricity requires mountains of public cash subsidies and intervention into the marketplace, and is not dependable enough to meet the needs.

Fossil fuels continue to rule.

3 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

That is a good laugh, Jay.

Electricity requires mountains of public cash subsidies and intervention into the marketplace, and is not dependable enough to meet the needs.

Fossil fuels continue to rule.

You apparently aren't aware that 99.99% of houses in the US have electricity and the up time is 99.99%

image.png.9e68ad5f5a268aa5c5f659f0c6720295.png