ML

E-car Sales Collapse

Hi Rob

Happy new year. Haven’t had the chance to travel around London. Too busy working in Sweden. You should see the charging points here in Vasteras. Literally 10. 😜

• Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Mr Smee said:

Hi Rob

Happy new year. Haven’t had the chance to travel around London. Too busy working in Sweden. You should see the charging points here in Vasteras. Literally 10. 😜

The internet makes it easy to expose ignorance or lies.  There are at least 20 stations.  Most stations have more than one charging point.

Try harder.

sweeden charging.jpg

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

😆😆😆  yea, those wind towers, blades etc and solar panels magically appear...

I own solar panels, they did not magically appear.  Suggest you go back and read some more Harry Potter, I am sure his magic wand will help

Transporting materials for wind and solar does not quite equate with the daily need to push oil all around the globe to refineries.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, lexington green said:

Transporting materials for wind and solar does not quite equate with the daily need to push oil all around the globe to refineries.

You have a logic iproblem.  EVERYONE has done the calculations, on all sides of the "debate" and shown, by EVERYONE that the amount of material required DWARFS what the oil/gas guys use by an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE at minimum.....  

I suggest you remove all the permitting processes for new mines and push for the opening of gargantuan new mines everywhere.  When you do that, everyone will know you are actually being serious instead of lying wankers.  Its called math, try it someday soon please. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

You have a logic iproblem.  EVERYONE has done the calculations, on all sides of the "debate" and shown, by EVERYONE that the amount of material required DWARFS what the oil/gas guys use by an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE at minimum.....  

I suggest you remove all the permitting processes for new mines and push for the opening of gargantuan new mines everywhere.  When you do that, everyone will know you are actually being serious instead of lying wankers.  Its called math, try it someday soon please. 

Hey lazy-butt--do you have any data to back up your claims?

(edited)

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

LOL try harder.  Essentially Nobody agrees with you, not even the oil companies (who now call themselves energy companies as they transition). 

The oil and gas industry consumes itself like crazy, all the trucks, refining etc.  Heck a lot of what they dig up is purposely wasted (flaring). You are also probably not counting the energy to make the steel for the pipelines etc.

Show me some math in particular that order of magnitude claim.  Pretending you have done some math, which obviously you have not or you would have presented the data, is weak sauce.  You make up numbers like eco.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Polyphia said:

Hey lazy-butt--do you have any data to back up your claims?

Hey lazy-butt, have you BOTHERED to look yourself once in your life?

Why should I have to change YOUR diapers?

(edited)

35 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

You are the one who claims he did the math.

You seem more the crybaby than anyone else.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

EVERYONE has done the calculations.

Its called math, try it someday soon please. 

Show me these calculations that you claim you have done.

You can't because your "facts" are completely made up.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Why I'd be more than happy to. It would seem the brain trust at Ford has stumbled up basic 8th grade math. Pricing up production down...on the world's best selling auto..The f150.

Ford is raising the price of its F-150 Lightning electric pickup by $5,000

https://fortune.com/2024/01/04/ford-f-150-lightning-price-increase-5000/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Why I'd be more than happy to. It would seem the brain trust at Ford has stumbled up basic 8th grade math. Pricing up production down...on the world's best selling auto..The f150.

Ford is raising the price of its F-150 Lightning electric pickup by $5,000

https://fortune.com/2024/01/04/ford-f-150-lightning-price-increase-5000/

Does posting a link count as doing math in your mind?

Nice things are more expensive.  Not a new concept.  Do you think all ICE trucks are cheap?

Edited by TailingsPond

5 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

You can't because your "facts" are completely made up.

Poor baby, I have done so several times on this forum.  Sierra club has done it, Greenpeace has done it, EVERYONE has done it. 

Lazy butt, with no memory, READ. 

I am not here to change YOUR diapers.

Grow up

• Haha 1

(edited)

11 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Poor baby, I have done so several times on this forum.  Sierra club has done it, Greenpeace has done it, EVERYONE has done it. 

Grow up

You are the one with a wet nappy.  CRYING in all caps.

However, it's pretty sweet you agree with Sierra club and Greenpeace. LOL  Go read their literature.

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/climate-change-even-worse-we-thought-ipcc-report

"In order to keep temperatures worldwide from rising any higher, writes the IPCC, emissions need to decline rapidly across all of society’s main sectors, including buildings, industry, transport, energy, and agriculture, forestry, and other land use. Coal needs to go. Transportation needs to be electrified."

https://www.greenpeace.org/canada/en/press-release/62623/greenpeaces-reaction-to-the-new-electric-vehicle-availability-standard-federal/

“Governments must be bolder and speed up the transition towards electric vehicles, ending any new light-duty gasoline vehicle sales by 2030 at the latest.* Introducing an electric vehicle availability standard is an essential element for the climate action toolbox, which needs to be swiftly implemented by governments."

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

You are the one with a wet nappy.  CRYING in all caps.

However, it's pretty sweet you agree with Sierra club and Greenpeace. LOL  Go read their literature.

You are the one whining about we need to change.  Show the tonnages required and how you are JUMPING to get rid of the permitting idiocy stopping mining to achieve this change. 

(edited)

3 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

You are the one whining about we need to change.  Show the tonnages required and how you are JUMPING to get rid of the permitting idiocy stopping mining to achieve this change. 

Where did I say anything about permitting? 

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

On 1/5/2024 at 6:35 PM, Mr Smee said:

Hi Rob

You cant even get that right!

Come and charge your electric car in Vasteras - the town boasts 27 charging stations. Find out where these charging stations in Vasteras are located with the Chargemap map.

Charging stations in Vasteras, Sverige for electric cars (chargemap.com)

There you go you now have a map so you can find them, no need to thank me. Its not a big town 127,000 people so you should be fine.

It would take you 5 seconds to actually research, lazy lazy lazy.

Literally every post you do adds to your embarrassment.

Edited by Rob Plant

On 1/6/2024 at 10:41 AM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

On 1/6/2024 at 10:41 AM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

When I post something that requires data, I do look them up and supply them. Anyone would logically do that, excepting you, of course.

On 1/6/2024 at 4:47 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Grow up

So, you will be posting links to those sources momentarily, no?

• Upvote 1

(edited)

The onslaught of failure is reaching epidemic proportions. Is there any final end to this Green Plauge?

Hertz’s Big Move Into EVs Turns Out To Be A Dud

In November 2023, Hertz’s Q3 performance was lackluster, with adjusted EBITDA margin of 13% missing analyst expectations due to increased costs of its EV fleet. This includes higher collision/damage repairs and depreciation of EVs.

Hertz said that damage costs of EVs had run twice as high as that of ICE vehicles.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Hertzs-Big-Move-Into-EVs-Turns-Out-To-Be-A-Dud.html

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

One can only imagine what is store for the EU...hopefully they have a very well designed mass transit system in place. Mobility is about to suffer yet again another staggering set back.

EV charging growth plans slowed by EU's power grid problems

By Julia Payne

December 3, 202310:05 PM PSTUpdated a month ago

BRUSSELS, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Electric vehicle drivers hoping to top up their batteries at one of Repsol's (REP.MC) 1,600 Spanish charging stations might well be disappointed, with nearly half lying dormant because they have no power connection.

Such gaps are evident across the Europe.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/eus-electric-dreams-short-circuited-by-ev-charging-gridlock-2023-12-04/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

'Our cover in the rest of the world examines the astonishing rise of the electric-car industry in China, which was probably the world’s biggest car exporter in 2023. An influx of cheap Chinese electric vehicles is coming to Western markets—if protectionist politicians do not stand in the way. In a leader we argue that Chinese cars should be welcomed, not feared, by the rest of the world. And in an accompanying Briefing we explain how expertise in batteries, and a vast domestic market, are giving Chinese firms an edge.' (The Economist, 1/11/2024)

11 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

One can only imagine what is store for the EU...hopefully they have a very well designed mass transit system in place. Mobility is about to suffer yet again another staggering set back.

EV charging growth plans slowed by EU's power grid problems

By Julia Payne

December 3, 202310:05 PM PSTUpdated a month ago

BRUSSELS, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Electric vehicle drivers hoping to top up their batteries at one of Repsol's (REP.MC) 1,600 Spanish charging stations might well be disappointed, with nearly half lying dormant because they have no power connection.

Such gaps are evident across the Europe.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/eus-electric-dreams-short-circuited-by-ev-charging-gridlock-2023-12-04/

Electricity still has a bigger footprint than gas and diesel distribution locations.  Building a new charging station is a 

lot simpler than installing a tank and pumping facility.

(edited)

On 1/6/2024 at 8:35 AM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Then post the calculations here, everyone.  (And don't leave out the math part.)

Edited by lexington green
update