RP

America Is Exceptional in Its Political Divide

8 hours ago, notsonice said:

They create false emergencies to take power?

The millions of global covid deaths spanning numerous nations was clearly the work of the democrats in the USA. :)  A false emergency that unfortunately happened during Trump's term...

(edited)

On 4/23/2024 at 7:15 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

Why revitalization of US infrastructure, loosening the chains off disposable income, lowering transportation bills across the country,lowering heating bills. The effects will stabilize the world...Russia and Iran will be nuturterd..

They call that MAGA I do believe.

I can see that adding additional petroleum supplies on the world market "should" impact "price" of those commodities, unless processing/transport costs are impediments, impacting a more local market.  It seems natural gas might be somewhat of a "fit" for that situation.  For overseas transport, It ain't very dense until someone liquefies it, adding additional costs and energy consumption to the delivered product.

However, that world market is complicated by the absolute fact of a concerted effort by OPEC (and others) to exercise control over the market to "stabilize" price at a level closer to that desired by those actors.  Petroleum does not strike me as a free market.  With these actors, It seems like a type of price fixing.  YMMV.

Thus, large and CONCERTED market players work to keep price under their control, while the immediate impact of "drill, baby, drill", is that corner of the industry obtains an immediate financial benefit (more product to sell into a controlled market), with no regard to ANY externalities.   You can chose whatever, or even if, externalities apply. 

I must ask, what is the thing of top value to you?

If you respond with anything other than your personal health, you probably should reflect on a bigger picture.

And those externalities, even if you ignore or refute them,  have a measurable and deleterious affect on the health of us all.

...and add that energy is SOOOOOOO addicting!  The withdrawal symptoms are something to behold.

I call that HUMAN, not MAGA.

Edited by turbguy
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

A new term will be inserted into our discourse....This will be quite interesting...Or maybe not...Go Figure!

remand

Primary tabs

To remand something is to send it back. Remand implies a return. The usual contexts in which this word are encountered are reversal of an appellate decision, and the custody of a prisoner.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/remand#:~:text=To remand something is to,the custody of a prisoner.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Downvote 1