Despite pressure about Khashoggi's Murder: Saudi Arabia Reassures On Oil Supply, Says Will Meet Demand

Saudi Arabia said on Tuesday it would continue to meet customer demand for crude despite looming U.S. sanctions that are expected to reduce oil exports from Iran. Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said at an investment conference in Riyadh that the oil market was in a “good place” and he hoped oil producers would sign a deal in December to extend cooperation to monitor and stabilize prices.“We have to continue to monitor the market in the next two to three months,” Falih said. “We will decide if there are any disruptions from supply, especially with the Iran sanctions looming. Then we will continue with the mindset we have now, which is to meet any demand that materializes to ensure customers are satisfied.” The minister also said that if oil supply continues to build up, “we will have the mechanism to reconvene ... and bring supply and demand in balance and to prevent inventories from growing”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously, they want to divert attention from the murder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murder of Jamal Khashoggi has put them in a precarious position. Actually, they themselves have, in thinking that murdering a journalist in a consulate on foreign soil would be swept under the rug....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 50 shades of black said:

Murder of Jamal Khashoggi has put them in a precarious position. Actually, they themselves have, in thinking that murdering a journalist in a consulate on foreign soil would be swept under the rug....

Murdering a "journalist"? That's very generous indeed. I'M a journalist. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In October, Saudi Arabia’s production reached 10.7 million barrels per day. And, they can reach up to 12 million barrels per day... Key question - how to compensate 3 million barrels(Iran) if disappear from the market....  So, possible screenplay for 100 USD per barrel in 2019?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By producing as much as they can, the OPEC reserve capacity will become smaller and smaller. Investors will get very nervous if new supply disruptions emerge. This makes oil prices very sensitive for supply related news during the coming months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 50 shades of black said:

Murder of Jamal Khashoggi has put them in a precarious position. Actually, they themselves have, in thinking that murdering a journalist in a consulate on foreign soil would be swept under the rug....

Murdering a terrorist.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

25 minutes ago, 50 shades of black said:

Murder of Jamal Khashoggi has put them in a precarious position. Actually, they themselves have, in thinking that murdering a journalist in a consulate on foreign soil would be swept under the rug....

Murdering a terrorist.

5bb2a2aad32e6d3e6fbed7a416a453de8d9f0fe42156b8849079b718982ce816.jpeg

Provided by @Tom Kirkman

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

World must send a strong signal to the Saudi Arabia that there will be consequences for abduction, torture and killing of journalist JK. As a first a ban on oil imports from Saudi Arabia - government are held accountable for their actions.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about arms deliveries, support, refueling bomber Struck? Should US stop that too? Better late than never. But, Money has no flag....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Murdering a terrorist.

Let's compromise and refer to him as "The journalist formerly known as a terrorist"

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rodent said:

Let's compromise and refer to him as "The journalist formerly known as a terrorist"

Rodent is in a mood today!  Love it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Murdering a terrorist.

5bb2a2aad32e6d3e6fbed7a416a453de8d9f0fe42156b8849079b718982ce816.jpeg

Provided by @Tom Kirkman

 

17 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Let's compromise and refer to him as "The journalist formerly known as a terrorist"

 

It is not a matter of compromise, but a confusion of facts. Let's use a facts, reports, etc..... and say Saudi Arabia was involved in 9/11, and JK made interview, as a journalist, with Osama Bin Landen long time before that. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like you support the murder of a journalist!? Trivialize the facts. Maybe, you can try to write some article and send to WP, or NYT...Crown Prince MBS will be satisfied.... And, it seems to me that you want to say if a journalist is interviewing a criminal that he is a criminal, an interview with a dictator that he is a dictator, etc...I strongly recommend "Interview With History" - Oriana Fallaci ... You would probably have classified her as a terrorist, dictator, criminal, killer...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pavel said:

Nice. Germany Stops Exporting Arms to Saudi Arabia After Killing of Jamal Khashoggi..The only language that they understand.

 

http://time.com/5430775/germany-freezes-arms-saudi-arabia/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=time&utm_medium=social

Great to see Merkel and Germany leading the charge against doing business with those who turn a blind eye to slavery and the financing of extremism and terrorism. I hope other nations from around the world join Germany in their actions and finally send a clear message to Saudi Arabia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 50 shades of black said:

 

 

It is not a matter of compromise, but a confusion of facts. Let's use a facts, reports, etc..... and say Saudi Arabia was involved in 9/11, and JK made interview, as a journalist, with Osama Bin Landen long time before that. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like you support the murder of a journalist!? Trivialize the facts. Maybe, you can try to write some article and send to WP, or NYT...Crown Prince MBS will be satisfied.... And, it seems to me that you want to say if a journalist is interviewing a criminal that he is a criminal, an interview with a dictator that he is a dictator, etc...I strongly recommend "Interview With History" - Oriana Fallaci ... You would probably have classified her as a terrorist, dictator, criminal, killer...

Calm down, shades.  First you say let's use facts, then you say you hope you're wrong, but it looks like I support the murder of a journalist (which is not a fact).  I don't agree to the murder of journalists but terrorists fall into an entirely different catagory.  This article (which I understand might not be fact either) is what I was going by when I said Terrorist over Journalist:

JAMAL KHASHOGGI: THE MEDIA FIGHTS FOR A MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD PAL OF OSAMA BIN LADEN The terrorist truth behind the media lies.

One thing I know as absolute fact:  Neither one of us can say what the facts really are. 

We are only able to discuss what is presented to us through other parties who all seem to have their own agendas, right down to the Jeff Bezos owned Washington Post that paid Khashoggi, for whatever reasons they had.  Who knows how this will play out.  I don't and I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilities with my comments on the issue.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 50 shades of black said:

 

 

It is not a matter of compromise, but a confusion of facts. Let's use a facts, reports, etc..... and say Saudi Arabia was involved in 9/11, and JK made interview, as a journalist, with Osama Bin Landen long time before that. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like you support the murder of a journalist!? Trivialize the facts. Maybe, you can try to write some article and send to WP, or NYT...Crown Prince MBS will be satisfied.... And, it seems to me that you want to say if a journalist is interviewing a criminal that he is a criminal, an interview with a dictator that he is a dictator, etc...I strongly recommend "Interview With History" - Oriana Fallaci ... You would probably have classified her as a terrorist, dictator, criminal, killer...

uh .. I commented not on my feelings of murder. I proferred no opinion whatsoever on the rightness or wrongness of murdering a journalist or a dissident or a terrorist or whatever else he may be. it is merely my contention that calling him a journalist gives a very skewed picture of who he was. That is like calling Donald Trump a real estate agent. it might be true but it certainly isn't how I would describe him. it's shoddy reporting. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my humble view and opinion, KSA ended up playing the game Trump wanted being putting constant pressure on OPEC through its constant tweets against the bloc to lower oil prices as gasoline prices have been rising in the U.S. and with these reassurances by Al Falih head of ARAMCO of keeping the supplies untouched and its statements of "produce as much as you can" in part was squaring off with Washington and trying to calm things down a little bit for now. After all, shale still is healthy with these prices as they are ending up today, talking about break-evens in the U.S. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Frontpage article is part of a whisper campaign trying to portrait Khashoggi as a terrorist in an attempt to soften the pressure on MBS and Trump. The articles are clearly originating from the right-wing media or the pro-saudi propaganda machine.

The photo showing Khashoggi with a RPG posted here by Tom and Dan is provided as a "proof* that Khashoggi was a terrorist. But in fact this photo is from the eighties when he was a reporter covering the war in Afghanistan where the Mujaheedeens (funded and armed by the US) were fighting the Soviets occupying the country.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/19/politics/conservatives-jamal-khashoggi-donald-trump/index.html

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/news/world_news/why-are-some-pro-israel-voices-joining-the-whisper-campaign/article_7a03fca5-a9fb-5503-b21e-ecaee7de5f85.html

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rodent said:

Let's compromise and refer to him as "The journalist formerly known as a terrorist"

+2 internets for you.  Nailed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

The Frontpage article is part of a whisper campaign trying to portrait Khashoggi as a terrorist in an attempt to soften the pressure on MBS and Trump. The articles are clearly originating from the right-wing media or the pro-saudi propaganda machine.

The photo showing Khashoggi with a RPG posted here by Tom and Dan is provided as a "proof* that Khashoggi was a terrorist. But in fact this photo is from the eighties when he was a reporter covering the war in Afghanistan where the Mujaheedeens (funded and armed by the US) were fighting the Soviets occupying the country.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/19/politics/conservatives-jamal-khashoggi-donald-trump/index.html

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/news/world_news/why-are-some-pro-israel-voices-joining-the-whisper-campaign/article_7a03fca5-a9fb-5503-b21e-ecaee7de5f85.html

Using CNN as a "fact check" reference?  Operation Mockingbird.

Probably better if I stay out of this thread.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

But why was JK killed? And in pre-meditated and barbaric fashion.  For being a "terrorist"?  No.  For being a critic of MBS.  

This is not the act of a civilized nation.

 

Edited by George Hayduke
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, George Hayduke said:

But why was JK killed? And in pre-meditated and barbaric fashion.  For being a "terrorist"?  No.  For being a critic of MBS.  

This is not the act of a civilized nation.

 

Saudi Arabia has been accused of many things, many of them untrue, but I don't think anyone is accusing them of being civilized.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Here's a photo of Charlie Wilson hanging out with some Afghan jihadis back in the day. (Is that a machine gun hanging on his shoulder?)  OBL was also hanging around about the same time and place, similarly engaged in the effort to oust the Russians.  "Sources" say Wilson met with OBL on multiple occasions.  

Shall we label this man a "terrorist" too?  Or "Congressman formerly known as a terrorist"?  If it became politically useful to smear someone after his death, surely photos like these would be used for the purpose.  

 

Charlie_Wilson_with_Afghan_man.thumb.jpg.8921ffcf42b83b59803337a3168a9563.jpg

Edited by George Hayduke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

come on, George, you know they're not terrorists until they stop being useful

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites