Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ML

Bad news for e-cars keeps coming

On 5/29/2024 at 4:52 AM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Who the F' is going to pay over $3k in insurance.  How DUMB are people?

Mine is $350

Of course I am not so gullible and STUPID as to buy "full coverage" so called "insurance"

Thats because you drive around in an old knackered beater thats not even worth $350

People who can afford new cars would choose fully comprehensive insurance, if they didnt they would be stupid!

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Thats because you drive around in an old knackered beater thats not even worth $350

People who can afford new cars would choose fully comprehensive insurance, if they didnt they would be stupid!

Well, currently driving a 2021 car I bought for $5,800 with ~45,000 miles on it. 

Insurance is a scam.  I have been wrecked into and insurance did--> nothing, at which point I ditched my insurance and went with the cheapest option since they do NOTHING for you which would not be FAR cheaper to do yourself instead of paying $$$ for gold plated edition.  Sorry you are dumb, or lazy and demand everyone work on your vehicles instead of doing basic maintenance yourself. 

3 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Well, currently driving a 2021 car I bought for $5,800 with ~45,000 miles on it. 

Insurance is a scam.  I have been wrecked into and insurance did--> nothing, at which point I ditched my insurance and went with the cheapest option since they do NOTHING for you which would not be FAR cheaper to do yourself instead of paying $$$ for gold plated edition.  Sorry you are dumb, or lazy and demand everyone work on your vehicles instead of doing basic maintenance yourself. 

If I'm so dumb how come I drive a new BMW 330E hybrid, dont pay anything for fuel, dont pay anything for maintenance, dont pay anything for insurance?

It REALLY does seem driving a $5,800 vehicle where you insure it, maintain it yourself etc is really the dumb thing to do if you can afford not to. I guess you cant, which also makes you dumb. I guess youre one of those guys who is "good with their hands" but a bit limited in the IQ stakes. Ive worked hard for what I have but by using my brain not my hands, that said I can change a car engine if i want to as I did when i was a kid and poor.

Maybe you should try being an insurance salesman 🤣🤡

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2024 at 1:43 AM, TailingsPond said:

How much is your car worth?  Heck, just tell use the year, make, and model of your primary vehicle.  You seem proud of your choices so why not?  

You seem to be unaware that fossil fuel cars actually have a secondary used vehicle market, unlike the clunkers being sold as EVs.

They just make better sense from every point of view.

(edited)

7 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Rob, the second hand EVs are completely worthless, just like the EV revolution itself.

Fossil fuel cars have real value as second hand cars.

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

You seem to be unaware that fossil fuel cars actually have a secondary used vehicle market, unlike the clunkers being sold as EVs.

They just make better sense from every point of view.

Once again you attempt to stray from the topic once exposed.  The topic at hand was insurance and now you switch to resale value.

7 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Small cars in the UK are the most popular as they are more economic, cheaper to run, cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain, easier to park, and generally better for short journey commutes which is the vast majority.

You and others have been saying EV's are too expensive for the masses, this type of car proves you wrong and will attract a massive demand for them as they are considerably cheaper than their ICE counterparts.

A four seater car albeit compact is fine for most on short journeys, why do you need a massive car? That's what the vast majority of people will be thinking and that's what they'll be buying!

No, the market for small EVs is borne of political desperation, no one really wants an EV with the endless hours of charging.

• Haha 1

(edited)

1 minute ago, TailingsPond said:

Once again you attempt to stray from the topic once exposed.  The topic at hand was insurance and now you switch to resale value.

You need new glasses, old man. Rob introduced the subject above, I was merely refuting his stuff.

You are getting touchy, old bean.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

You need new glasses, old man. Rob introduced the subject above, I was merely refuting his stuff.

You were responding to my post. Try to keep up.

"Insurance for EVs? Companies are running away from those."

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

No, the market for small EVs is borne of political desperation, no one really wants an EV with the endless hours of charging.

I don't even have to post data for you to know that is biased and deceptive.

"No one" yeah tell that to all the customers.

Once again, if the EV revolution is not happening or destined to fail you have nothing to worry about!  You post about doom and gloom if the green revolution proceeds but simultaneously claim it will not happen.

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

4 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Sorry you are dumb, or lazy and demand everyone work on your vehicles instead of doing basic maintenance yourself. 

Haha!

The entire service industry is about getting people to do things for you in exchange for money.

You probably refuse to go to a restaurant because you can make Kraft dinner at home for cheaper.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with spending money on things that improve your quality of life.  A professional chef is better than a home cook, a journeyman mechanic - with fancy tools - will do a better job than an amateur with a wrench.

As for regular maintenance there is much less to do with an EV.  Every time you drudge to the store to buy more oil and filters, change your oil, dispose of the waste and clean up, an EV owner is doing more enjoyable things.

I'm almost afraid to ask how you get your medical and dental work done.

Edited by TailingsPond

BYD is not an oil friendly Company on any level

cost under $13,800 

Peak oil happened, it is now downhill for clunkers , straight to the scrape yard

Crude oil prices today - Oilprice.com

BYD Unveils Hybrid Powertrain with 1,250-Mile Range

By ZeroHedge - May 30, 2024, 3:00 PM CDT

• BYD introduces a new hybrid powertrain capable of traveling over 1,250 miles without recharging or refueling.
  • BYD dominates the Chinese hybrid market, holding a 50% market share.
  • Automakers globally are innovating in the hybrid segment, with Toyota, Volkswagen, Ford, and GM shifting their focus towards hybrids.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, notsonice said:

Mark you got the title wrong for this post.......

He gets pretty much everything wrong that he posts.

I've lost count on all the posts he has done and then been discredited.

Maybe why his book sales are zero?

• Upvote 1

more bad news...........for big Oil and the gas powered  clunkers

EV prices will keep plunging as the battery pack costs have fallen in half in the past year.....

Cheap EVs coming to your local dealership 

https://thedriven.io/2024/06/13/evs-are-being-driven-much-further-than-fossil-cars-and-battery-prices-are-still-plunging/

EVs are being driven much further than fossil cars – and battery prices are still plunging

a highlight

bnef-battery-1160x631.jpg?lossy=1&strip=0&webp=1