Bloody Money: MbS As a Star On The G20

"Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman met Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and told him about plans to scale up investments in India’s tech, farm and energy sectors, an Indian official and the Saudi news agency (SPA) said on Friday.The two leaders, who are in Argentina for the G20 summit, met in the prince’s residence in Buenos Aires and discussed Saudi Arabia’s readiness to supply India with oil and petroleum products. The G20 summit in Buenos Aires is the first major international event the Saudi prince has attended since the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October. The Saudi prince told Modi he would soon be finalizing an initial investment in India’s National Investment and Infrastructure Fund, a quasi-sovereign wealth fund, to help accelerate the building of ports, highways and other projects, a top Indian diplomat said." 

Apart from this meeting, Mbs will meet with many leaders of G20, so money can help you get amnesia.... Over the past several weeks, the Saudis have offered multiple, contradictory explanations for what happened at the consulate in Turkey and Khashoggi's brutal murder..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. In other words he’s trying to buy back support and silence critics with oil $$...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypocrisy is all around us,  so in that kind of world, people as a MbS play "important" role... Yesterday was Khashoggi, tomorrow will be someone else,  and again MbS will be where he's now...Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Pavel said:

Yep. In other words he’s trying to buy back support and silence critics with oil $$...

Cruelty is their hallmark...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At a minimum, it will be an embarrassment for him at a time when he is trying to project normalcy...no big deal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Money talks and moral decency walks...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ThunderBlade said:

At a minimum, it will be an embarrassment for him at a time when he is trying to project normalcy...no big deal...

I don't think so. They welcome him, don’t forget- they don’t care about people rights, justice, or freedom, they just care about how much he can give them? Low oil prices, weapons purchases like no other... all is for sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give the man a break. He's not getting away with it, because he'll have much more pressure to keep oil prices low which is bad for him and good for the rest of the world. This is a much better outcome than a full confrontation that would help no one but only create more instability in that region, imo.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

16 hours ago, Petar said:

I don't think so. They welcome him, don’t forget- they don’t care about people rights, justice, or freedom, they just care about how much he can give them? Low oil prices, weapons purchases like no other... all is for sale

He is a novice compared to Putin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

https://www.thedailybeast.com/saudi-crown-prince-and-putin-high-five-at-g-20-summit

Edited by ronwagn
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 50 shades of black said:

"Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman met Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and told him about plans to scale up investments in India’s tech, farm and energy sectors, an Indian official and the Saudi news agency (SPA) said on Friday.The two leaders, who are in Argentina for the G20 summit, met in the prince’s residence in Buenos Aires and discussed Saudi Arabia’s readiness to supply India with oil and petroleum products. The G20 summit in Buenos Aires is the first major international event the Saudi prince has attended since the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October. The Saudi prince told Modi he would soon be finalizing an initial investment in India’s National Investment and Infrastructure Fund, a quasi-sovereign wealth fund, to help accelerate the building of ports, highways and other projects, a top Indian diplomat said." 

Apart from this meeting, Mbs will meet with many leaders of G20, so money can help you get amnesia.... Over the past several weeks, the Saudis have offered multiple, contradictory explanations for what happened at the consulate in Turkey and Khashoggi's brutal murder..

https://www.thedailybeast.com/saudi-crown-prince-and-putin-high-five-at-g-20-summit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how a lot of people are buying the idea of MBS can get an international support from the world leaders by his money. Saudi Arabia is in 18th rank in G20 how would he buy the silence of 20 of the world leaders at the same time!!. that's absolutely ironic. but if he could this means he is the world most powerful leader. Don't cry about it. his people support him and he is staying where he is as Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Yousef A Feda said:

Don't cry about it. his people support him and he is staying where he is as Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.

MBS is a far, far better choice than Prince Al-Waleed.

Amazing to me that MSM actually trusts CIA reports about this mess.  That's pretty much like trusting the KGB or Mossad to be truthful.  Spooks gonna spook.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom i dont want to spoil it for you, but indeed you are very misled about whom he trusts, and also you are completely way out of left fields on the mossad. Indeed the Mossad  and the CIA in most cases have the same objective, in some cases not. But in all cases there is never a rift between them, such as there is between the CIA and the KGB as you call them. You may want to update your facts and your followers, the KGB no longer exists and since the 90s it is called the FIS, its like calling the German FIS the Nazis. FIS stands for the Foreign Intelligence Service but in Russia and in Germany.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Top Oil Trader said:

Tom i dont want to spoil it for you, but indeed you are very misled about whom he trusts, and also you are completely way out of left fields on the mossad. Indeed the Mossad  and the CIA in most cases have the same objective, in some cases not. But in all cases there is never a rift between them, such as there is between the CIA and the KGB as you call them. You may want to update your facts and your followers, the KGB no longer exists and since the 90s it is called the FIS, its like calling the German FIS the Nazis. FIS stands for the Foreign Intelligence Service but in Russia and in Germany.

You can put lipstick on a pig......call them whatever acronym you’d like they are just a different verse of the same song.  All of them have interests that conflict and complement all the time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but its like calling the FIS of Germany the Gestappo, things have moved on my friend. The KGB had no freedom of religion or permission for jews to emigrate all that changed with the breakup of the USSR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now about this guy Jamal Khashoggi, Nephew of the biggest illegal arms dealer, that all of sudden everyone cares about, all of a sudden seems like everyone cares, its only because this is regurgitated by the news, and they want to put trump in a bad light, that he is not punishing whomever did it.

Yes its sad that anyone has to die, but let me put it in perspective, since i realize no one knows about Jamal more than he was a journalist.

First of all Khasoggi was a highschool student with bin laden and a great friend of his, dont need to go into too much detail.

2nd he was a big supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood and had a direct relationship, the same people who want to establish the caliphate, does ISIS ring a bell. So in short he had many enemies, it wasnt the fact that he critized the Saudis, no indeed he was much more dangerous than that. But his past is not clearly reflected in the news, for certain reasons. What im saying he is not the angle the media portrays him to be.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Top Oil Trader said:

Now about this guy Jamal Khashoggi, Nephew of the biggest illegal arms dealer, that all of sudden everyone cares about, all of a sudden seems like everyone cares, its only because this is regurgitated by the news, and they want to put trump in a bad light, that he is not punishing whomever did it.

Yes its sad that anyone has to die, but let me put it in perspective, since i realize no one knows about Jamal more than he was a journalist.

First of all Khasoggi was a highschool student with bin laden and a great friend of his, dont need to go into too much detail.

2nd he was a big supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood and had a direct relationship, the same people who want to establish the caliphate, does ISIS ring a bell. So in short he had many enemies, it wasnt the fact that he critized the Saudis, no indeed he was much more dangerous than that. But his past is not clearly reflected in the news, for certain reasons. What im saying he is not the angle the media portrays him to be.

JJ, your synopsis of Mr. Khashoggi’s, um, history, is spot on.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/271623/jamal-khashoggi-media-fights-muslim-brotherhood-daniel-greenfield#.W8dH2oK5CG8.facebook

However, MBS, CIA, Massod, FIS all of them have had and will continue to have conflicting and complementing objectives all at once.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

I know there are a lot of  "moralists" out there that are all up in arms because MBS apparently had Jamal Khashoggi killed.

I am not one of them.

I do not wish to upset anyone,  but this is my opinion of him, and what happened to him.

Jamal Khashoggi was NOT a Journalist.    He was a thug, fundraising, public relations,  bagman for Islamic Terrorists.

Jamal Khashoggi was actively trying to overthrow the Saudi Royal Family,  and convert Saudi Arabia into another version of the Islamic Caliphate to replace the defeated ISIS.   

The Saudi Government,  whether it be MBS,  or any other,  has the right to self defense.

Khashoggi was affiliated with Osama Bin Laden, was deeply involved in fund raising for the Muslim Brotherhood, and ISIS,  and was involved with,  but never charged,  in the murder of several ISIS turncoats,  who had defected from ISIS to the West,  and were subsequently assassinated.

This man was evil with a capital "E".

As far as i am concerned,  he reaped what he sowed.

In conclusion,   if Muslim Saudi Arabia,  wants to kill one of their Muslim enemies,  in Muslim Turkey,   i do not see how that is any of my,  or anyone else's, business.

I hope this doesn't cause you to feel less of me.

I am not heartless,   i am just a realist.

Terrorism must be stopped by all means possible if necessary.

Whether it be the ISIS or Muslim Brotherhood thugs that cut off the heads of their enemies.

Or the Finance, and Public relations people like Jamal Khashoggi,  who prop up and fund the above mentioned thugs.

 

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all noone says saudis killed him, when someone of that status is killed, guess what, its delegated. This by no means was a simple hit, but a coordinated effort amongst people who needed him to stop talking, and what people dont understand is, he was damaging people other than the Saudis.

The reason Erdogan wants to blame MBS is since they are not really good friends, Erdogan is the Caliphate, Saudis are not. Anything he can do to topple the gov, he will do, including futzing with the security cameras.

This story will make a great conspiracy movie with lots of big players with lots of twists. The news is only showing you their twist, so they can blame trump again, they want to blame him for everything before the election, its doubtful they will succeed, only because trump has kushner a very bright young man.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

MBS is a far, far better choice than Prince Al-Waleed.

Al-Waleed, pretty much prefers western money and politics to that of Saudi Arabia. I never read, saw anything, suggesting he was a pretender to the throne. Better to own big pieces of Citibank, Apple (from it's $15 a share days), etc.. His portion of oil wealth he really did diversify, and not just in downtown London real estate like so many of his cousins. He did have a strange-to-me need for publicity. 

Jamal Khashoggi wasn't a radical, at least in the western sense (being critical of government is pretty much any way is radical in the region), the Muslim Brotherhood's roots are actually quite noble, and a logical response to Nasser's Egypt. Jamal's time of hanging with Al Quida roots are the same time Reagan was doing deals with Iran and Charlie Wilson's war. Prior to the first Gulf War Bin Laden is quite the ally. Bin Laden's big issue was Americans soldiers in the holy land, coupled with the moral corruption of the House of Saud. 

Either MBS had a hand in Khashoggi, or Saud's out to embarrass MBS did. Either way foreign monies will be very reluctant to invest in the Kingdom. MBS can splash the cash, and people will take it, but that under-minds the point of Vision 2030. Coupled with a government system that is immature at protecting investments, you will see less and less investment, except as it ties to oil and gas and quick payoffs.

 I do wonder what the Turkish angle is. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, John Foote said:

Al-Waleed, pretty much prefers western money and politics to that of Saudi Arabia. I never read, saw anything, suggesting he was a pretender to the throne. Better to own big pieces of Citibank, Apple (from it's $15 a share days), etc.. His portion of oil wealth he really did diversify, and not just in downtown London real estate like so many of his cousins. He did have a strange-to-me need for publicity. 

Jamal Khashoggi wasn't a radical, at least in the western sense (being critical of government is pretty much any way is radical in the region), the Muslim Brotherhood's roots are actually quite noble, and a logical response to Nasser's Egypt. Jamal's time of hanging with Al Quida roots are the same time Reagan was doing deals with Iran and Charlie Wilson's war. Prior to the first Gulf War Bin Laden is quite the ally. Bin Laden's big issue was Americans soldiers in the holy land, coupled with the moral corruption of the House of Saud. 

Either MBS had a hand in Khashoggi, or Saud's out to embarrass MBS did. Either way foreign monies will be very reluctant to invest in the Kingdom. MBS can splash the cash, and people will take it, but that under-minds the point of Vision 2030. Coupled with a government system that is immature at protecting investments, you will see less and less investment, except as it ties to oil and gas and quick payoffs.

Interesting viewpoint, and I generally agree with some of your points.

51 minutes ago, John Foote said:

I do wonder what the Turkish angle is. 

It's not glaringly obvious?

Only Turkey can lead Muslim world, says Erdoğan

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You bet Mbs bloody money is taking care of business on the "sidelines"!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I give him more credit than that, though perhaps some past Ottoman glories still are wet dreams for the Turks. More likely words for the Turkish support for him than gaining Islam leadership in general. 

At what point will the Turks stop with the daily dose of information. I thought WhatsApp was supposed to be secure. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhatsApp secure end to end encryption can be bypassed via backups.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing that people have no clue what is really going on. This will explain how 1 trillion was lost in recent weeks. People are fed news by the media, and that is as far as their knowledge will be. I dont want to be the one, to constantly correct people here. But I would learn to maybe go beyond what is spewed by people with no clue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites