Making Fun of EV Owners: ICE-ing Trend?

ICE-ing is the act of taking fuel-powered trucks and parking them in such a way as to stop EVs from reaching the cables of a charging station. The preferred targets of the people doing this seem to be Tesla charging stations. This practice has been noticed by authorities in some U.S. states and cities, with a few of them even passing legislation trying to stop the practice: Washington DC, Seattle, Baltimore, Raleigh, North Carolina and Knoxville, Tennessee.

https://driving.ca/tesla/auto-news/news/ice-ing-trend-sees-trucks-block-tesla-charging-stations

making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Brian W said:

ICE-ing is the act of taking fuel-powered trucks and parking them in such a way as to stop EVs from reaching the cables of a charging station. 

Time to fit the wheels of these offenders with a huge orange "locking boot."  Should take the fun out of this stunt.  Cheers,

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are they doing it though ?

Who is doing it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Illurion said:

Why are they doing it though ?

Who is doing it ?

Mainly as a joke, I'd surmise.  "Because nobody can stop me, yet."  But, more realistically, I'd say this is not happening much, if at all.  It seems to me that the charging slots in parking lots would be clearly marked for EVs only and the owners can enforce that with towing and/or fines.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These would also block parking places for handicapped people .

 

French Revolution , Steam Machine , Sabotage :

Quote

During this period, the years of the Industrial Revolution, the word sabotage gained currency. Allegedly derived from sabot, sabotage described the actions of disgruntled workers who willfully damaged workplace machinery by throwing their sabots into the works.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabot_(shoe)

 

See also : Maschinenstürmer , Swing Riots : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swing_Riots

  • Great Response! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

3 hours ago, mthebold said:

Could be people irritated that EVs get the use of roads w/o paying their share of road taxes.  Could also be irritation at the government's unfair subsidies for EVs. 

I don't agree with the practice, but I'm also irritated that EV owners use expensive vehicles and public infrastructure on my dime. 

Frankly i hadn't given much thought to other peoples subsidies being on my dime until you mentioned it above.

I would like an EV,  but only if it is cheap,  and bigger tesla sized.

ps:   and i want the illegal aliens to pay for it,  since i have had to pay for them.

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2018 at 8:33 PM, Brian W said:

ICE-ing is the act of taking fuel-powered trucks and parking them in such a way as to stop EVs from reaching the cables of a charging station. The preferred targets of the people doing this seem to be Tesla charging stations. This practice has been noticed by authorities in some U.S. states and cities, with a few of them even passing legislation trying to stop the practice: Washington DC, Seattle, Baltimore, Raleigh, North Carolina and Knoxville, Tennessee.

https://driving.ca/tesla/auto-news/news/ice-ing-trend-sees-trucks-block-tesla-charging-stations

making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262_1.jpg

I wonder how this Tw@t would feel if someone parked an EV at an automatic fuel pump preventing him / her filling up with diesel or petrol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

46 minutes ago, NickW said:

I wonder how this Tw@t would feel if someone parked an EV at an automatic fuel pump preventing him / her filling up with diesel or petrol. 

1

Maybe you should try parking in front of a diesel pump and block a trucker or two and find out what would happen? Please post the video, when you get off the ground. LOL! Just kidding, be safe.

ANSWER: PLACE ALL CHARGING STATIONS AT THE BACK END OF EVERY LOT. Leave ICE parking near the entry of stores. When there are more EVs, switch the situation. Unless you are claiming that EV drivers are "Handicapped" (mentally, most likely) and need a blue placard to demonstrate their deficiency.   

As for the clear, honest, and coherent answers posted here, I think you have the answers. 

Average citizens are angered that they are forced to pay the expense of EV development and infrastructure for vehicles they cannot afford. The wealthy can afford an EV, and then use the incentives, HOV/EV lanes, and other peoples' electricity. The cost of the EV experiment is being borne upon the public. Fuel taxes are not paid by "Elitist" EV proponents, leaving the less fortunate to pay the cost of infrastructure. 

Currently, the ONLY WAY TO BRING DOWN THE COST OF EVs is to mass produce the vehicles using coerced and enslaved labor. 

 The elitists are more than willing to enslave millions, if not billions, in communist societies if it means EVs will succeed. This TRUTH cannot be refuted.

In the meantime, MOVE the charging stations to the very back of each parking lot. Don't treat EVs as special by placing them up front where they take up space. 

Also, large Chinese flags should be prominently displayed on all vehicles manufactured with 51% content or PRC manufacturer ownership. This would help people understand how EV is making its way into the hands of dimwitted people in free societies. 

Edited by Microbio-glutonist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Microbio-glutonist said:

Maybe you should try parking in front of a diesel pump and block a trucker or two and find out what would happen? Please post the video, when you get off the ground. LOL! Just kidding, be safe.

ANSWER: PLACE ALL CHARGING STATIONS AT THE BACK END OF EVERY LOT. Leave ICE parking near the entry of stores. When there are more EVs, switch the situation. Unless you are claiming that EV drivers are "Handicapped" (mentally, most likely) and need a blue placard to demonstrate their deficiency.   

As for the clear, honest, and coherent answers posted here, I think you have the answers. 

Average citizens are angered that they are forced to pay the expense of EV development and infrastructure for vehicles they cannot afford. The wealthy can afford an EV, and then use the incentives, HOV/EV lanes, and other peoples' electricity. The cost of the EV experiment is being borne upon the public. Fuel taxes are not paid by "Elitist" EV proponents, leaving the less fortunate to pay the cost of infrastructure. 

Currently, the ONLY WAY TO BRING DOWN THE COST OF EVs is to mass produce the vehicles using coerced and enslaved labor. 

 The elitists are more than willing to enslave millions, if not billions, in communist societies if it means EVs will succeed. This TRUTH cannot be refuted.

In the meantime, MOVE the charging stations to the very back of each parking lot. Don't treat EVs as special by placing them up front where they take up space. 

The usual reverse evolution suspects 😄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VdZwJf3DLw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Microbio-glutonist said:

LOL! 

Now, let's see the compilation of EV enthusiasts putting their tongues or genitals on the charging station cables! :) 

I have a feeling you won't find the same set of imbeciles among the EV crowd. Just a hunch😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

37 minutes ago, NickW said:

I have a feeling you won't find the same set of imbeciles among the EV crowd. Just a hunch😉

I'm certain they are here, or there. 

They only "Think" they are above everyone else, which is the point of all ICE drivers who park in the EV spaces, good try though :) 

Edited by Microbio-glutonist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites