students walk out of school in protest of climate change

The right to peaceful protest is a wonderful thing.

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rodent said:

"Thousands of schoolchildren across the UK have walked out of class as part of a coordinated strike to protest about the global lack of action on climate change."

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-strike-protest-uk-school-children-london-brighton-bristol-a8780836.html

 

Not a problem...

In a day or so,  the idiot kids will go back to school,  JUST IN TIME FOR ALL OF THE CAFETERIA WORKERS TO WALK OUT IN PROTEST OF ALL THE TWIT KIDS WHO DO NOT APPRECIATE THE HARD WORK IT TAKES TO MAKE SCHOOL CAFETERIA FOOD..

Let the kids starve.

Once the kids are starved to death,  there will BE LESS STRESS ON THE ENVIRONMENT..........!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Rodent said:

"Thousands of schoolchildren across the UK have walked out of class as part of a coordinated strike to protest about the global lack of action on climate change."

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-strike-protest-uk-school-children-london-brighton-bristol-a8780836.html

 

uuhh... pardon me..... me guess........ protest by kids might not generate a lot of effect but set cow fart on fire might........... get a glance or two....... ^_^

cow fart.jpg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2019 at 9:01 PM, Rodent said:

"Thousands of schoolchildren across the UK have walked out of class as part of a coordinated strike to protest about the global lack of action on climate change."

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-strike-protest-uk-school-children-london-brighton-bristol-a8780836.html

 

At least they care about something beyond XFactor/ BGT / Big Bro, Celeb love island or some other vacuous shyte

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

11 hours ago, NickW said:

At least they care about something beyond XFactor/ BGT / Big Bro, Celeb love island or some other vacuous shyte

I agree, Nick.  Taking civic responsibilities upon themselves is an experience they will remember for the rest of their lives, no matter how they look back on the issues they were protesting for or against when they were younger, no matter whether they come to look back on it and realize they were largely being manipulated by experienced players, this time or that, or not.  I'm serious in that the experience these kids get today will teach many lessons they will not get by standing by and letting life go by without any say in what's happening around them.

The RIGHT to peaceful protest is to be cherished and defended and protected, because it is actually a rare gem of democracy and the rule of law.  Government needs to be constantly reminded that they are for the people and by the people; not the other way around.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, freedom to assemble and redress grievance is fundamental to a free society.

These kids indeed are taking part in expressing First Freedoms that I wish everyone had the ability to engage.

As @Dan Warnick pointed out so eloquently, whether time educates these kids and they look back and discover they were being manipulated matters less to me.  They are exercising.  

The right to speak, individually or as a group, isn’t a guarantee to be taken seriously.  Only maturity and experience effectively teaches that lesson.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give em' the full experience of peaceable assembly.... Pepper spray em and zip tie em'😊

  • Haha 7
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Justin Hicks said:

Give em' the full experience of peaceable assembly.... Pepper spray em and zip tie em'😊

Then they will REALLY have some stories to tell their grandkids!  Still a good experience, no matter what, so long as nobody gets hurt (and the authorities don't get butt hurt and take it too far).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TXPower said:

Yes, freedom to assemble and redress grievance is fundamental to a free society.

These kids indeed are taking part in expressing First Freedoms that I wish everyone had the ability to engage.

As @Dan Warnick pointed out so eloquently, whether time educates these kids and they look back and discover they were being manipulated matters less to me.  They are exercising.  

The right to speak, individually or as a group, isn’t a guarantee to be taken seriously.  Only maturity and experience effectively teaches that lesson.

Thank you for your kind words.  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take it seriously if they did not do it on school time at the behest of their assigned indoctrinators. There is way too much of this going on at all levels of school. Let the children hear both sides of the argument first and then let them protest on the side they agree on and on their own time. Not for credit of any kind either. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I would take it seriously if they did not do it on school time at the behest of their assigned indoctrinators. There is way too much of this going on at all levels of school. Let the children hear both sides of the argument first and then let them protest on the side they agree on and on their own time. Not for credit of any kind either. 

Well, that won't work (sarc) Ron.  The idea of any army is to recruit young impressionable people, and then don't allow any voice from the outside.  Works a charm!  My first wife's mother and father were long ago members of Mao's Little Red Guards, and when I met them when they were at retirement age they had started to question what they had done back in the day.  I took their side and reminded them that not only did they not have any opposing information; they would have been tortured and killed themselves if they had opposed.  They seemed to accept that, but really, what choice did they have by then?

These young people will figure things out in their own time.  Until then, this is a better exercise for them than doing nothing.  Facts can come to light in the middle of these protests that make some people question things right away, some later and some much later.  It's all good.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a registered Independent I will not take a stand pro or con on Global Warming. I say GLOBAL WARMING because every person on planet earth know climates change. I was enlightened a few years back by a challenge and will do the same now. Hopefully it will cause someone reading this to search for truth, and experience enlightenment as well.

I was asked; 'The IPCC is widely held as THE worldwide authority in publishing climate change research. They pribt well ove $3Billion in research annually. That said, name 1 climate temp prediction in IPCC reports that fell within the margin of error from 1990-2000. Upon realizing tgere were none....NONE, I began looking at 20 year predictions. So, in 2013 Miami was 3 feet under water and Manhattan almost 5 feet under water. Must be correct because that's what we were told in 1993. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Will Hanner said:

As a registered Independent I will not take a stand pro or con on Global Warming. I say GLOBAL WARMING because every person on planet earth know climates change. I was enlightened a few years back by a challenge and will do the same now. Hopefully it will cause someone reading this to search for truth, and experience enlightenment as well.

I was asked; 'The IPCC is widely held as THE worldwide authority in publishing climate change research. They pribt well ove $3Billion in research annually. That said, name 1 climate temp prediction in IPCC reports that fell within the margin of error from 1990-2000. Upon realizing tgere were none....NONE, I began looking at 20 year predictions. So, in 2013 Miami was 3 feet under water and Manhattan almost 5 feet under water. Must be correct because that's what we were told in 1993. 

This is about what you understand about climate science, not what your personal stand is!   You clearly have no idea that there is a scientific context to climate change, which is very different to a mere change in climate that occurs over many centuries.

Your claim about the IPCC spend is utter bunkum, reflecting how little you know about how the IPCC operates.   Researchers are not paid to contribute to the IPCC.  The IPCC's does, however, have a Secretariat and needs to coordinate input into its series of Reports.  The IPCC's budget in 2017 was a little over $5m.

Your ideas about IPCC projections again reflect how clueless you are.  Do you realise that IPCC projections have a range of settings, and depending on where GHG levels are at those times, the projections come into play.  

Finally, the IPCC never issued a Report in 1993.   They reported in 1992 and then 1996.  The first IPCC Report (1992) made neither of your claimed predictions about Miami or Manhattan sea levels, so that's more BS from you.

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, Dan Warnick said:

Then they will REALLY have some stories to tell their grandkids!  Still a good experience, no matter what, so long as nobody gets hurt (and the authorities don't get butt hurt and take it too far).

In my days,  we were just crazy and "streaked" across campus...  that was what we protested.....  clothes... 9_9

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2019 at 2:54 AM, Red said:

This is about what you understand about climate science, not what your personal stand is!   You clearly have no idea that there is a scientific context to climate change, which is very different to a mere change in climate that occurs over many centuries.

Your claim about the IPCC spend is utter bunkum, reflecting how little you know about how the IPCC operates.   Researchers are not paid to contribute to the IPCC.  The IPCC's does, however, have a Secretariat and needs to coordinate input into its series of Reports.  The IPCC's budget in 2017 was a little over $5m.

Your ideas about IPCC projections again reflect how clueless you are.  Do you realise that IPCC projections have a range of settings, and depending on where GHG levels are at those times, the projections come into play.  

Finally, the IPCC never issued a Report in 1993.   They reported in 1992 and then 1996.  The first IPCC Report (1992) made neither of your claimed predictions about Miami or Manhattan sea levels, so that's more BS from you.

reports can,  and are,  being faked:

here are austrailian fakes i believe mentioned today;

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/02/the-greatest-scandal-in-the-history-of-science.php

http://joannenova.com.au/2019/02/history-keeps-getting-colder-acorn2-raises-australias-warming-rate-by-over-20/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites