Marina Schwarz

S Dakota Governor Goes after Pipeline Protest Money

"South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem said Monday that she’s proposing legislation before construction begins on the Keystone XL oil pipeline that would create a way to go after out-of-state money that funds pipeline protests.

The legislation would let the state follow such money and “cut it off at the source,” the Republican governor said in a statement. Noem would also set up a fund to cover extraordinary law enforcement costs that could come with intense pipeline opposition."

I just realised "cut it at the source" kind of rhymes with "keep it in the ground". Good for chanting.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

"South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem said Monday that she’s proposing legislation before construction begins on the Keystone XL oil pipeline that would create a way to go after out-of-state money that funds pipeline protests.

The legislation would let the state follow such money and “cut it off at the source,” the Republican governor said in a statement. Noem would also set up a fund to cover extraordinary law enforcement costs that could come with intense pipeline opposition."

I just realised "cut it at the source" kind of rhymes with "keep it in the ground". Good for chanting.

Nice to hear about a Governor that is concerned about what the citizens in his/her state want, and seeing that they get it.

• Upvote 1

Why are so many people so interested in Canadian oil and nat gas when in just a few months the US will be net oil and gas independant. There are many pollution and enviornmental risks that Canada can take on their own. They can build their own pipelines ports and refineries and live with the consequences good and bad. Thats what the US is doing with fracking.

Then of course there are many other countries importing oil to their own refineries in the US. Yes its jobs and some taxes but not needed for net US consumption. Meanwhile we foul the air and give these forieners access to our cheap nat gas while disease, misery and death jack our health care costs up.

To me taking care of your own as much as possible should be common sense and not political.

I spend time defending FF up to the point there is a cleaner alternative, but helping foreign countries make a buck at the cost of harming our citizens is un-American.

Stand up for your family and neighbors and keep-em healthy. Dont cave to those who would make a buck on your back.