Populist Surge Coming in Europe's May Election

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/04/19/european-parliaments-own-prediction-sees-populist-surge-in-may-elections/

Populist, anti-mass migration, and Eurosceptic political parties have been predicted to make advances in the next European Parliament, according to an analysis of polling released by the parliament itself.

Related   Conservatism Around The World https://docs.google.com/document/d/1twQ_yBtl-FPwhXf2mYA7qvGj1D8yts8El0m8nObWxuU/edit

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be blamed on 'Russian meddling'. It's the new 'racists'. They've repeated it hysterically so much the past few years to explain their failings that it's lost all meaning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speak for yourself. Lots of people still get off on Putin's long, long, long meddling hand. Such a convenient cover-all explanation especially when the alternative is "It may be our fault."

What I want to know is how come only right-wing populists are populists but not left-wing populists. Seriously, can't agitprop pros put a little bit more effort to make it interesting?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Speak for yourself. Lots of people still get off on Putin's long, long, long meddling hand. Such a convenient cover-all explanation especially when the alternative is "It may be our fault."

What I want to know is how come only right-wing populists are populists but not left-wing populists. Seriously, can't agitprop pros put a little bit more effort to make it interesting?

Well as far as I know in Germany which is decisive force in Europe both left wing populists (Die Linke} and right wing as AFD are quite sympathetic to Putin arguments . But he prefers SPD for many decades as main prorussian party in Germany.

Its also interesting that people from East Germany under former soviet domination are much more sympathetic to Russia than people from West. I dont talk about Angela Merkel but  you can find it in many reaserches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting. And unexpected. Would you venture a guess as to why this may be? I can understand it for places like Bulgaria and Serbia, but East Germany doesn't have the liberator complex, I'd think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Seriously, can't agitprop pros put a little bit more effort to make it interesting?

Make agitprop great again?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least... moderately reasonable. I'm not too ambitious but I do tend to feel vicarious embarrassment when I encounter mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marina Schwarz said:

At least... moderately reasonable. I'm not too ambitious but I do tend to feel vicarious embarrassment when I encounter mediocrity.

I believe the politically correct terminology is epistemically challenged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe your belief is correct. *apologising profusely*

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2019 at 10:25 AM, ronwagn said:

Populist, anti-mass migration, and Eurosceptic political parties have been predicted to make advances in the next European Parliament, according to an analysis of polling released by the parliament itself.

Related; a feisty, dissenting, 8 minute YouTube video, but from a UK perspective.  An antidote to BBC disinformation.

Our Battle Of Britain

Video description blurb:

Published on Apr 29, 2019
The UK's parliament needs to be hosed clean. Our freedom and democracy are being destroyed by corrupt politicians. We are custodians of this democracy, not its owners. We have no right to weaken it for future generations, any more than we have the right to leave them poisoned water or air.
 
The European Union is a model for an anti-democratic global government. The purpose of the EU is to destroy the nation state and to transform Europe from a rich and diverse continent of sovereign nations into a single homogenous political bloc governed by a committee of unelected bureaucrats who think they know best. And they think we’re so docile and thick that we’ll just roll over and accept it if they keep telling us how sensible it is.
 
Nobody’s feelings were consulted during the making of this video. Anyone who has a problem with that can drop dead.

 

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites