Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronwagn

Lotus' all electric hypercar charges in nine minutes.

1973 horse in a car that size and weight, with full torque available from the 'get go'! Impressive and scary (but fun!).

I'm still a diehard petrolhead, but you've got to give credit where credit is due.

The new electric Harley Davidson also looks interesting, but with a range of 145 miles before charging (1 hour for a full charge) it is still a 'city bike'. But, if that is where you predominately ride...not an issue!

• Upvote 1

$US2 million plus for a car with a range of 270 miles (400 or so kms) under good driving conditions (I assume) and if you don't go near the air conditioner or heater.. oooookkkkkkkaaayyyyy. But then you wouldn't do any serious long-distance driving in your $2 million Lotus. You'd zip between home and your exclusive club (the Roller would be for going to work, and maybe the cheapie Merc for long distance). The nine minute charge thing is if you have a special charger.. otherwise its 18 minutes which is still impressive. However, if you can splash $US2 million on one of this vehicle you're not really talking about frugal, small footprint, low carbon living are you? You're talking about houses with garages large enough for a motor show and a helipad (how else can you beat the traffic to the airport?) You could put solar panels on the roof, I suppose.

• Haha 1