Recommended Posts

(edited)

The epoch times is pretty much propaganda for the Fa Lun Gong, a spiritual movement that got crushed by the CCP, which is anything but spiritual.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JR EWING said:

Do you read theepochtimes a lot Ron?

No, but I have a lot of sources. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, Zhong Lu said:

The epoch times is pretty much propaganda for the Fa Lun Gong, a spiritual movement that got crushed by the CCP, which is anything but spiritual.  

Glad to hear it. They are good people. Too bad they are not running China. I have great respect for them. They are martyrs for their beliefs. Chinese leaders will face repercussions for their very evil deeds! All religions are now suffering under Emperor Xi. 

See China Stories https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wb2YoQGpSWTz32ljsiA_ey6FLVqc2Dpe7Fnpiqn9lBs/edit

 

Sexual Torture in Chinese Prisons: ‘No Limits to the Perversion’

mFc1d_Eq3V4zi8lUngR365z1tKYzAuJJMAHYYoYti-vKmeg78_BU426e8MNtCH26hAp6TRS8GFIo6PETI2yNQKkq6LmbeAj2p2QRJrLG5Puw5YARQvy_F8vZ-WXYJfIhMUbHq7zD

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Good people, probably, and definitely brave.  But I'm glad they're NOT running China.  Martyrs make poor bureaucrats and administrators.  

For bureaucrats, I prefer them to be boring and interested only in money and prestige.  Not that I personally want to have anything to do with bureaucrats, but bureaucracy and spiritualism are two things I would rather keep apart.  There is nothing worse than a spiritually minded bureaucrat.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A martyr would, generally speaking, make rather poor bureaucrats or administrators...as they are usually DEAD!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/1/2019 at 9:57 AM, ronwagn said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/china-faces-economic-collapse-and-decoupling-from-world-markets-expert-says_3060481.html

 

China Faces Economic Collapse and Decoupling From World Markets, Expert Says

(L-R) EU Council President Donald Tusk,  Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, U.S. President Donald Trump, French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau attend a work session during the G7 summit in Biarritz, France on Aug. 26, 2019. (Ian Langsdon/Pool via Reuters)

 

Seems that China is still doing OK; the trade surplus gap with America is widening in spite of the trade war:

https://www.euronews.com/2019/09/04/us-trade-deficit-shrinks-but-shortfall-with-china-widens

and US investment into China is increasing:

https://youtu.be/5Ez5MYyURU4

Trump had better issue his executive order for US companies to get out of China for real.

Edited by Hotone
Missing words
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the above and wanted desperately to write something appropriate and wise: an illuminative discourse on oil, tariffs, the inside of human nature, and all things deep and mysterious. However, these days, I'm trying to track President Trump's trajectory: I'm angry, but I'm not sure at what or whom. I figure the Chinese stole something but I'm not sure what. I have to say something appropriate about the hurricane but consider it only fair to get in a round of golf before the wind whips up. I'm going to sleep with a pretty woman tonight, and take in the sight of her legs, even if she gives me the cold shoulder. No matter what I feel about the Chinese, I know I'm going to wake up in America in the morning considerably happier than the average Chinese still bogged down in China. And no matter what happens, Mr. Xi is eventually going to cry uncle. But most people won't be able to understand it, because once you get past the 1.5 billion Chinese that actually live in China, and the 200,000 who felt obligated by Tom Friedman's book to learn it as a second language, who could understand uncle said in Chinese, right? 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

A martyr would, generally speaking, make rather poor bureaucrats or administrators...as they are usually DEAD!

Christians have been martyrs since John the Baptist, there are more now than ever. 

  • Great Response! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Christians have been martyrs since John the Baptist, there are more now than ever. 

Somewhat confusing Ron....what are you trying to say here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I'm going to sleep with a pretty woman tonight,

Now THAT is definitely a statement of optimistic good cheer!  

In the spirit of comity, here's a tip: try some plain-looking ones, just for balance. They don't yell, they won't tell, and they're as grateful as hell!

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hotone said:

Seems that China is still doing OK; the trade surplus gap with America is widening in spite of the trade war:

https://www.euronews.com/2019/09/04/us-trade-deficit-shrinks-but-shortfall-with-china-widens

and US investment into China is increasing:

https://youtu.be/5Ez5MYyURU4

Trump had better issue his executive order for US companies to get out of China for real.

The tariffs only recently took effect, give it time.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

plain-looking ones, just for balance. They don't yell,

nothing wrong with a yeller Jan haha    ;) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

nothing wrong with a yeller Jan haha    ;) 

Now that is interesting.  I was under the impression you preferred moaners.  Obviously, I was misinformed.

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Somewhat confusing Ron....what are you trying to say here...

Martyrs move on to a higher realm and many more martyrs are living still on earth. Being a martyr does not mean you are dead or powerless. 

 

47 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Somewhat confusing Ron....what are you trying to say here...

Martyrdom has always been with the Church, and it always will be, for as our Lord said:

If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. (John 15:18-20).

While we may not be persecuted physically for our faith here in North America (at least at the present moment), many of our Catholic brothers and sisters are suffering for their faith. They are dying for the faith just as the early martyrs did in the Roman Empire, as they did in Protestant England in the sixteenth century, and as they did in Communist Russia in the twentieth century. Being a Christian means dying to self, and sometimes, it means dying for our Lord. But through that blood that has been shed, the Church will continue to grow. The witness given by our brothers and sisters that have gone before us strengthens us, and the prayers that they offer to God now in his presence will fortify us for the rest of our sojourn on this earth.

More Detail https://media.ascensionpress.com/2018/09/17/blood-of-the-martyrs-is-still-seed-for-the-church/

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Martyrs move on to a higher realm and many more martyrs are living still on earth. Being a martyr does not mean you are dead or powerless. 

 

Martyrdom has always been with the Church, and it always will be, for as our Lord said:

If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. (John 15:18-20).

While we may not be persecuted physically for our faith here in North America (at least at the present moment), many of our Catholic brothers and sisters are suffering for their faith. They are dying for the faith just as the early martyrs did in the Roman Empire, as they did in Protestant England in the sixteenth century, and as they did in Communist Russia in the twentieth century. Being a Christian means dying to self, and sometimes, it means dying for our Lord. But through that blood that has been shed, the Church will continue to grow. The witness given by our brothers and sisters that have gone before us strengthens us, and the prayers that they offer to God now in his presence will fortify us for the rest of our sojourn on this earth.

More Detail https://media.ascensionpress.com/2018/09/17/blood-of-the-martyrs-is-still-seed-for-the-church/

Okay, get your point and agree. I was just being cheeky and having some fun with the idea of ‘martyrs’ as administrators and managers.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I was under the impression you preferred moaners.

No, that would now remind me of Brexit and the 'remoaners'. 

Can't be doing with that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Now THAT is definitely a statement of optimistic good cheer!  

In the spirit of comity, here's a tip: try some plain-looking ones, just for balance. They don't yell, they won't tell, and they're as grateful as hell!

When I was younger and playing the field, the adage ‘go ugly, early’ saved a lot of ‘weeping and gnashing of teeth’ while clubbing.

You guys do realize that some woman is going to hammer this discussion...😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You guys do realize that some woman is going to hammer this discussion...😂

Nah.  Considering the number of guys with beer pot-bellies out there, I suspect they will be having a good laugh!

It reminds me of the TV show where the host brings in a newlywed couple and (separately) first asks the husband:  "So, how long have you been thinking of marrying her?"  And his answer invariably is:  "Oh, about six months."  Then he brings out the wifey and asks her: "And how long have you been thinking about marrying him?"  And the answer is: "Oh, about a year and a half."

That guy was a dead duck for a full year and never even knew it.  See, they cleverly let men think that men rule the world, but in actuality it is the women who make all the decisions!   A truth that is not lost on the marketers of breakfast cereal.......

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'll be sleeping with a pretty woman tonight" clearly resonated. But then I read the recommendation to sleep with an ugly one, which immediately brought me back to oil and gas. 

When I was younger, I needed diesel for my truck. I took a five-gallon can to a truck stop, filled it, went inside to buy an ice cream sandwich. The plainest woman I have ever seen, bigger than I am, sniffed and said, so help me, "Chaps cologne and diesel. Damn, it gets me every time." 

I have forgotten many pretty women, but I haven't forgotten that one. I used to invent an excuse to go fill up my diesel can. Alas, I believe she changed jobs; I never saw her again. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

bigger than I am

we dunno how big you are lol but this is still hilarious

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2019 at 1:46 AM, ronwagn said:

Glad to hear it. They are good people. Too bad they are not running China. I have great respect for them. They are martyrs for their beliefs. Chinese leaders will face repercussions for their very evil deeds! All religions are now suffering under Emperor Xi. 

 

Wrong. The Fa Lun Gong are a murderous cult. Those who try to leave are murdered. (And, yes, the Communist government is rotten, too.) Choosing between the two is like choosing between Hitler and Stalin for most caring person in the world. Hopefully, they kill each other off so the good people of China can thrive.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.