Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RA

Bolsonaro Accuses U.N.'s Bachelet Of Meddling In Brazil's Sovereignty

Recommended Posts


Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro on Wednesday accused Chile’s former leader Michelle Bachelet, now the United Nations human rights chief, of meddling in his country’s affairs after she criticized a rise police violence and an erosion of democracy.In comments to reporters in Geneva, Bachelet, the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights expressed concern over a jump in police violence in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo states “amidst a public discourse legitimizing summary executions and an absence of accountability.” Bachelet, who was tortured under the dictatorship of General Augusto Pinochet and was the first woman to be president of Chile, said that discourse could “entrench impunity and reinforce the message that state agents are above the law and are effectively able to kill without being held to account.” She also criticized “a shrinking of civic and democratic space,” in recent months and attacks on indigenous communities amid a rise in forest fires in the Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he should have a Brexit referendum too...😂  Man who lost half of Amazon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brazil's Bolsonaro praises the 1973 military coup in Chile... Of course, he does. A Fascist coup that murdered thousands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 We’ve seen a spiral of violence in Brazil. One of Bolsonaro's policies is encouraging police and the military to crack down even on petty criminals with a “shoot on site” policy. Result: hundreds of dead people every day...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


The only insane brain could applaud Pinochet and the Chilean dictatorship....  Michelle Bachelet, U.N. High Commissioner for human rights has criticised the demise of democracy in Brazil. Her parents were tortured during Pinochet's dictatorship...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good night to democracy and human rights in Brazil...
"Leaked documents show that Jair Bolsonaro's government intends to use the Brazilian president's hate speech to isolate minorities living in the Amazon region. The PowerPoint slides, which democraciaAbierta has seen, also reveal plans to implement predatory projects that could have a devastating environmental impact. The Bolsonaro government has as one of its priorities to strategically occupy the Amazon region to prevent the implementation of multilateral conservation projects for the rainforest, specifically the so-called “Triple A” project."

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/democraciaabierta/leaked-documents-show-brazil-bolsonaro-has-grave-plans-for-amazon-rainforest/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 50 shades of black said:

good night to democracy and human rights in Brazil...
"Leaked documents show that Jair Bolsonaro's government intends to use the Brazilian president's hate speech to isolate minorities living in the Amazon region. The PowerPoint slides, which democraciaAbierta has seen, also reveal plans to implement predatory projects that could have a devastating environmental impact. The Bolsonaro government has as one of its priorities to strategically occupy the Amazon region to prevent the implementation of multilateral conservation projects for the rainforest, specifically the so-called “Triple A” project."

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/democraciaabierta/leaked-documents-show-brazil-bolsonaro-has-grave-plans-for-amazon-rainforest/

America tamed its wilderness during our westward expansion. We now have a pretty good mix of forest and farms but I would like to see more forest in our agricultural areas. I love trees and woods very much but agriculture requires the best soil available. I don't think that anyone has the rights to tell Brazil how to develop its land and its national parks any more than other countries should have forced us to do so. If organizations want to purchase parkland in the Amazon more power to them. The best national parks are managed by experts in ecology. The best national forests are managed by foresters together with other experts in related fields. National Forests, in the United States, are managed for multiple use including lumber, minerals, oil, natural gas, grazing etc. Let the South Americans and Africans make their own decisions as we did. That does not mean not to try to influence them with good ideas though. 

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pavel said:

Maybe he should have a Brexit referendum too...😂  Man who lost half of Amazon...

How did ‘he’ lose half the Amazon...please explain?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rainman said:


Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro on Wednesday accused Chile’s former leader Michelle Bachelet, now the United Nations human rights chief, of meddling in his country’s affairs after she criticized a rise police violence and an erosion of democracy.In comments to reporters in Geneva, Bachelet, the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights expressed concern over a jump in police violence in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo states “amidst a public discourse legitimizing summary executions and an absence of accountability.” Bachelet, who was tortured under the dictatorship of General Augusto Pinochet and was the first woman to be president of Chile, said that discourse could “entrench impunity and reinforce the message that state agents are above the law and are effectively able to kill without being held to account.” She also criticized “a shrinking of civic and democratic space,” in recent months and attacks on indigenous communities amid a rise in forest fires in the Amazon.

Bachelet's report on Venezuela is far more important https://in-venezuela.com/2019/07/04/04-07-19-bachelets-report/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Come to Brasil (no Z in Brasil) - and see whats happening before throwing rocks over your neighbours wall and running away, Rio is bankrupt due to Lula and Sergio Cabral and a thousand other quasi communists that can't decide weather or not Bolsonaro will pull the trigger, the Centrao, Liberals lounge lizards who are in the pockets of the left due to the bribes they took during Lava Jato and the world cup and olympics etc, are causing mayhem and the only agenda is to bring down the current government, why because Bolsanaro is on hunt for lefties who took and are still taking bribes, sem vergonha vagabundos.

Brasil needs a right wing president to undo all the crap the "communists" have caused here in Brasil, I support the fact that the mandate to "shoot to kill" anyone found with a machine gun in their hands, no questions asked, do good people walk around with assault rifles in a country where arms are banned, me thinks not.

To many factions running around this country leaving a misery trail behind them, under the Lula government Favelas don't exist anymore they are now considered communidades (communities) of culture, where dumb Gringos go for bus tours to see the slums, but the bus will only go so far up the Moro or Biqueira (hill or dead end) as you will see what you really came for, and be looking down the barrel of an assault rifle in the hands of a 14 year old.

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, James Regan said:

why because Bolsanaro is on hunt for lefties who took and are still taking bribes, sem vergonha vagabundos.

Tranquilo amigo... estoy seguro que B17 tambem no es completemente innocente... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Tranquilo amigo... estoy seguro que B17 tambem no es completemente innocente... 

Estou muito contente agora, sim B17 tem as coisas atras ele, mais Brasil preciso tomar um atitude radical, radical mesmo para enfrentar os problemas do nossa pais maravilhoso.

Estou Ligado totalmente

Abracos RJ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Come to Brasil (no Z in Brasil) - and see whats happening before throwing rocks over your neighbours wall and running away, Rio is bankrupt due to Lula and Sergio Cabral and a thousand other quasi communists that can't decide weather or not Bolsonaro will pull the trigger, the Centrao, Liberals lounge lizards who are in the pockets of the left due to the bribes they took during Lava Jato and the world cup and olympics etc, are causing mayhem and the only agenda is to bring down the current government, why because Bolsanaro is on hunt for lefties who took and are still taking bribes, sem vergonha vagabundos.

Brasil needs a right wing president to undo all the crap the "communists" have caused here in Brasil, I support the fact that the mandate to "shoot to kill" anyone found with a machine gun in their hands, no questions asked, do good people walk around with assault rifles in a country where arms are banned, me thinks not.

To many factions running around this country leaving a misery trail behind them, under the Lula government Favelas don't exist anymore they are now considered communidades (communities) of culture, where dumb Gringos go for bus tours to see the slums, but the bus will only go so far up the Moro or Biqueira (hill or dead end) as you will see what you really came for, and be looking down the barrel of an assault rifle in the hands of a 14 year old.

Hey! It damn sure has a ‘z’ in it when I spell it!

You probably weren’t there in the ‘80’s when the cops went into the favela Dona Marta, which runs down into Rio. It was a virtual armed encampment as you described. A gringo would have been very foolish to go anywhere near a favela in those days...the drug lords owned them.

That said, I was 24 in 1984 when I first went to work in Rio. I thought that I had died and gone to heaven!😈

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Hey! It damn sure has a ‘z’ in it when I spell it!

You probably weren’t there in the ‘80’s when the cops went into the favela Dona Marta, which runs down into Rio. It was a virtual armed encampment as you described. A gringo would have been very foolish to go anywhere near a favela in those days...the drug lords owned them.

That said, I was 24 in 1984 when I first went to work in Rio. I thought that I had died and gone to heaven!😈

Doug me too, thats why I stayed, we don't take snow to the eskimos....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brasil has it all, as the joke goes...

When God created Brasil he said to St Peter Im going to build a country with unfathomable natural resources, a rain forest that will fuel the earth, no natural disasters, only good weather and will populate it with most beautiful women in the world, it will be a paradise.

St Peter said but there must be a catch nowhere can be so perfect.

God replied- You need to see the people Im going to put there........🤣 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Doug me too, thats why I stayed, we don't take snow to the eskimos....

We are in our 50’s now, think about being there in the 80’s, when you were in your 20’s, working month on/month off on the rigs, money to burn and a company apartment on Ipanema you shared with your back-to-back. I should have been paying them!😂

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

We are in our 50’s now, think about being there in the 80’s, when you were in your 20’s, working month on/month off on the rigs, money to burn and a company apartment on Ipanema you shared with your back-to-back. I should have been paying them!😂

Such a dilemma return to Scotland or stay in Brasil, let me think about that for a Nano Second.......... 🤣

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 09.29.07.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you even needed a nanosecond, your synopsis are not firing correctly!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0