Home improvement contractor's new job- EPA special assistant

A home improvement contractor whose wife previously worked for the Trumps has now landed a job at the Environmental Protection Agency. Steve Kopec, whose wife, Dagmara, used to work for President and Melania Trump as a household staffer, ran a contracting business in New Jersey called Steve’s Tools in Motion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An EPA spokeswoman described Kopic as a “hard-working, dedicated employee. Steve comes to us from private industry, where he fashioned his career around customer service and organizational efficiencies…Steve is an experienced manager with skills in team building, management and organization.”

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at Steve's Tools in Motion reviews. At least he seems to be reliable and honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, Obama put his wife in charge of messing up school lunches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Joanna said:

Just looked at Steve's Tools in Motion reviews. At least he seems to be reliable and honest

According to Manta, "Steve's tools in motion" operated since 2002, employed stuff of approximately 1 and had revenue of $71k. Pretty darn efficient for a residential builder in New Jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

I am immune to be shocked

Because Obama or Hillary never appointed unqualified friends? Hillary's brother and Huma Abedin comes to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

makes about as much sense as a brain surgeon leading HUD, or a major donor with zero experience leading the Dept of Education, sons, daughter, son-in-law etc, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

makes about as much sense as a brain surgeon leading HUD, or a major donor with zero experience leading the Dept of Education, sons, daughter, son-in-law etc, etc.

Seems like that Carson is under investigation for giving contracts to his children.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/politics/ben-carson-family-hud/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Stephen said:

A home improvement contractor whose wife previously worked for the Trumps has now landed a job at the Environmental Protection Agency. Steve Kopec, whose wife, Dagmara, used to work for President and Melania Trump as a household staffer, ran a contracting business in New Jersey called Steve’s Tools in Motion. 

Kopec leaves his lucrative business (71k) to "commute multiple hours" every day to be a "Special Assistant" in the EPA office? What is wrong with this picture??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we really concerned with a low-level special assistant in Region 2 EPA office? A job that pays $72K a year, just like his old contract job? WHO CARES. He probably makes copies.

“If you put friends in high places and they don’t have the proper qualifications it can have disastrous results for the agency and for taxpayers,” Amey said. 

EPA official added that Kopec “performs administrative and support services”  

in other words... yeah, he makes copies. Wonder how he's not qualified for that?? 

Let's talk about something important, shall we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Are we really concerned with a low-level special assistant in Region 2 EPA office? A job that pays $72K a year, just like his old contract job? WHO CARES. He probably makes copies.

“If you put friends in high places and they don’t have the proper qualifications it can have disastrous results for the agency and for taxpayers,” Amey said. 

EPA official added that Kopec “performs administrative and support services”  

in other words... yeah, he makes copies. Wonder how he's not qualified for that?? 

Let's talk about something important, shall we?

I think that draining the swamp is important

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 李伟王芳 said:

I think that draining the swamp is important

Yes indeed. They should fire him immediately. All will be right with the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0