Dr.Masih Rezvani

How OPEC and OECD play their role in setting oil price in light of Iranian oil sanction ?? Does the world agree with Iran's oil sanctions ???

Recommended Posts

Does the world agree with Iran's oil sanctions ???
Oil exporting countries are seeking to stabilize high oil prices and importing countries are trying to pay a low stable price for their oil purchases, so this process can be discussed as a two-table game, and such an expression on the oil market. The oil market is a mutual monopoly market.
In determining the price of crude oil, each party tries to change the price in its favor. Buyers try to cut prices and sellers try to raise prices. One of the important factors that can influence the price setting is the bargaining power of each side of the game.
The bargaining process is costly in many situations and bargaining issues for players. 
The most important cost is the timing of the bargaining process, and time is of value to the players. 
They divide the players into two groups of impatient and with patience according to the degree of value they place on time.
The more patient the player , has more bargaining power .
Poor players are also impatient and, as a result, have little bargaining power.
 Various variables make time valuable to players, the most important being the personality traits, wealth, income and market interest rates.
Therefore, under these circumstances, it is always possible for Iran to offer buyers less than the OPEC price and to buy oil from Iran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are probably going to have an uphill battle here trying to be pro - Iranian government.

I live in Malaysia, and 2 km from where I live is an enclave of "Little Iran".  Malaysia is one of the very few countries in the world that Iranian citizens do not need a visa to visit, and there are many Iranian "students" staying in Malaysia.

I've worked with Iranians, great people.  I have yet to meet a single Iranian that actually likes the Iranian Theocracy dictatorship government.  They HATE the Iranian Mullah dictators.

You are free to continue to repeatedly try to "normalize" the Iranian dictatorship government on this forum, because, unlike in Iran, there is a fair amount of Freedom of Speech allowed here, and criticism and dissent are also allowed here.

For many years, my own opinion of the absolute worst dictatorships in the world were ranked as follows:

1. North Korea (puppet controlled by China)

2. Saudi Arabia

3. Iran

Over the last couple years, there have been significant changes to North Korean government, and the perpetual threat of nuclear war has basically been taken off the table.  Serious progress has been made by Trump to dial down the threat of nuclear war. China has also been reined in a bit from using North Korea nuclear threat as a political chess piece by China.

Also, over the last couple years, there have been some changes to the Saudi monarchy dictatorship, with MbS being a loose cannon, but probably doing a bit more good than harm.  A bit of forward progress is being made with the absolute dictatorship ruling monarch family and its tens of thousands of prince leeches sucking dry the oil money.  Much more progress still needs to be made, but at least Saudi Arabia seems to be gradually moving forward toward the 21st century rather than remaining stuck in the mindset of centuries ago.

Which leaves Iranian religious dictatorship government, which is only getting worse, and clamping down harder against dissent by its citizens.  Iranian government continues to get worse as an absolute dictatorship.

So currently, my personal view is the worst absolute dictatorship government in the world is *Iran*.

If you wish to come to this forum to try to "normalize" the brutal dictatorship religious government of Iran, you may not find a very receptive audience that will buy whatever pro-Iranian government propaganda you are peddling.  But you remain free to do so on this forum.

Good luck.

Just my opinion; as always, you are free to disagree.

 

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Does the world agree with Iran's oil sanctions

Well I do, but I can't speak for the world.

3 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

One of the important factors that can influence the price setting is the bargaining power of each side of the game.
The bargaining process is costly in many situations and bargaining issues for players.

Nope it's the psychology of fear and greed as mentioned before. Iran has little bargaining power. There is plenty of oil. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

You are probably going to have an uphill battle here trying to be pro - Iranian government.

I live in Malaysia, and 2 km from where I live is an enclave of "Little Iran".  Malaysia is one of the very few countries in the world that Iranian citizens do not need a visa to visit, and there are many Iranian "students" staying in Malaysia.

I've worked with Iranians, great people.  I have yet to meet a single Iranian that actually likes the Iranian Theocracy dictatorship government.  They HATE the Iranian Mullah dictators.

You are free to continue to repeatedly try to "normalize" the Iranian dicratorship government on this forum, because, unlike in Iran, there is a fair amount of Freedom of Speech allowed here, and criticism and dissent are also allowed here.

For many years, my own opinion of the absolute worst dictatorships in the world were ranked as follows:

1. North Korea (puppet controlled by China)

2. Saudi Arabia

3. Iran

Over the last couple years, there have been significant changes to North Korean government, and the perpetual threat of nuclear war has basically been taken off the table.  Serious progress has been made by Trump to dial down the threat of nuclear war. China has akso been reined in a bit from using North Korea nuclear threat as a political chess piece by China.

Also, over the last couple years, there have been some changes to the Saudi monarchy dictatorship, with MbS being a loose cannon, but probably doing a bit more good than harm.  A bit of forward progress is being made with the absolute dictatorship ruling monarch family and its tens of thousands of prince leeches sucking dry the oil money.  Much more progress syill needs to be made, but at least Saudi Arabia seems to be gradually moving forward toward the 21st century rather than remaining stuck in the mindset of centuries ago.

Which leaves Iranian religious dictatorship government, which is only getting worse, and clamping down harder against dissent by its citizens.  Iranian government continues to get worse as an absolute dictatorship.

So currently, my personal view is the worst absolute dictatorship government in the world is *Iran*.

If you wish to come to this forum to try to "normalize" the brutal dictatorship religious government of Iran, you may not find a very receptive audience that will buy whatever pro-Iranian government propaganda you are peddling.  But you remain free to do so on this forum.

Good luck.

Just my opinion; as always, you are free to disagree.

 

have said many times in previous discussions, I do not support any dictatorship, please do not judge me

Please do not form a political faction.  I have no effort for the Iranian government, so please do not attach these patches to me

Remember, I am one of the same Iranians who left my country for dictatorship.  Please focus on the question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

have said many times in previous discussions, I do not support any dictatorship, please do not judge me

Please do not form a political faction.  I have no effort for the Iranian government, so please do not attach these patches to me

Remember, I am one of the same Iranians who left my country for dictatorship.  Please focus on the question

Thanks for the clarification.

 

11 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Therefore, under these circumstances, it is always possible for Iran to offer buyers less than the OPEC price and to buy oil from Iran.

This seems to be an odd statement for someone who left Iran.

And your specific sentence above is what triggered my rant earlier today.

Unless I grossly misunderstand what you are saying (which is quite possible) then it seems to me that you are advocating for other nations to buy oil from Iran at prices less than OPEC offers (while Iran remains a member of OPEC).   

i.e. promoting black market oil.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Does the world agree with Iran's oil sanctions ???

Until the people revolt against the religious bigots who can't seem to control the IRG, I would say yes most of the world do support sanctions against the Iranian dictatorship. Most wars for millennia have been started over religion. If the people rise up they will show the world something is wrong, until then it will remain a backward heading country due to its leaders, shame....

Thats the end game of the sanctions to force the people to rebel, its not rocket science and if Iran did make any serious threat or really act, that being an act of war, things would get hairy in down town Theran very quickly , the Iranian gulf coast would probably cease to exist.

Iran has made threats for too long and use other poor suffering countries to force its agenda through proxy wars cherry picked. Palestine has a good case for an agreement, but as long as Iran is meddling it will never happen. 

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Therefore, under these circumstances, it is always possible for Iran to offer buyers less than the OPEC price and to buy oil from Iran.

It sure is, and based on the morals of the people in charge there, it's highly possible they are. I believe even @Zhong Lu suggested other day about selling it through Iraq and labelling as Iraqi etc? Apologies if I've got that wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Thanks for the clarification.

 

This seems to be an odd statement for someone who left Iran.

And your specific sentence above is what triggered my rant earlier today.

Unless I grossly misunderstand what you are saying (which is quite possible) then it seems to me that you are advocating for other nations to buy oil from Iran at prices less than OPEC offers (while Iran remains a member of OPEC).   

i.e. promoting black market oil.

 

I'm really confused 
Why not focus on the principle of the question and try harder to judge me
I think I made the point bad
My question is, where Iran has no choice but to sell oil on the black market and this will reduce oil prices, what is OPEC going to do to reduce oil prices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

I'm really confused 
Why not focus on the principle of the question and try harder to judge me
I think I made the point bad
My question is, where Iran has no choice but to sell oil on the black market and this will reduce oil prices, what is OPEC going to do to reduce oil prices?

@Dr.Masih Rezvani I think the double barreled main thread post is causing some confusion. The sanctions are to try to bring Iran to the table to try and stop Iran producing nuclear grade “Iranium” and nuclear weapons.

The oil Iran is producing and selling on the potential “Black Market” will have a minimal affect on world oil prices as we are oversupplied.

So when you post a topic as such you immediately come across as pro Iranian.gov , and will receive many responses regarding the Iranian regime and not the main point which is what to do about the regime in order to bring Iran back to its illustrious past. Meanwhile the sanctions which hurt everyday Iranian good people gets lost in rhetoric, oil supply is not the issue it’s the security threat.

Your a Dr and obviously highly intelligent but you do come across at times as pro Iran and so you should for the people but should avoid mixing two results of one strategy.

Iran is a rogue state in the eyes of the world at most but the Iranian people are not.

I personally like your threads and urge you to debate your thread as at times also you do cherry pick when to comment. 

With total respect 

James

Edited by James Regan
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, James Regan said:

@Dr.Masih Rezvani I think the double barreled main thread post is causing some confusion. The sanctions are to try to bring Iran to the table to try and stop Iran producing nuclear grade “Iranium” and nuclear weapons.

The oil Iran is producing and selling on the potential “Black Market” will have a minimal affect on world oil prices as we are oversupplied.

So when you post a topic as such you immediately come across as pro Iranian.gov , and will receive many responses regarding the Iranian regime and not the main point which is what to do about the regime in order to bring Iran back to its illustrious past. Meanwhile the sanctions which hurt everyday Iranian good people gets lost in rhetoric, oil supply is not the issue it’s the security threat.

Your a Dr and obviously highly intelligent but you do come across at times as pro Iran and so you should for the people but should avoid mixing two results of one strategy.

Iran is a rogue state in the eyes of the world at most but the Iranian people are not.

I personally like your threads and urge you to debate your thread as at times also you do cherry pick when to comment. 

With total respect 

James

Thank you very much for your comment
But, it is much better to deal with the subject matter, not at all my argument about whether the Iranian regime is good or bad. 
If we are talking about oil prices, then we need to look at the effective factors in the oil market.
To support the Iranian people in opposition to the Iranian regime is a separate political issue that should be discussed in a separate issue.
Of course, when any government is sanctioned, the economic situation of that society will deteriorate and that government will become a dictatorial state.
Imagine, for example, the world will boycotting , America or Japan or any other country, for example
result =  Government of that country = dictator
Every post I take is quickly taken over by the political faction
You seem to know better then me about the situation in Iran and you constantly point out social issues in Iran
I myself am an Iranian who opposed this dictatorial government and left Iran many years ago
but let discuss about our topic 
of course we wiil talk about iranian government and iranian history 
i am from ESFAHAN - please search on google 
very historical city 
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iran is just one small country that has sanctions against it for what the US thinks is behavior in conflict with its core interest. Russia, China, Syria, N Korea  are just part of a longer list. Trump for example is against a nat gas pipeline to Germany. I think the future will be more polarization of trade unless a set of rules can be be agreed upon and enforced. These are the growing pains of humans simply becoming more civilized towards each other in politics and trade.

You think it’s bad now? Just wait till it is understood, let’s say a 30% population reduction is needed for a sustainable world.

How loud will all religions scream when they now preach “spread the seed and the message”.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Boat said:

Iran is just one small country that has sanctions against it for what the US thinks is behavior in conflict with its core interest. Russia, China, Syria, N Korea  are just part of a longer list. Trump for example is against a nat gas pipeline to Germany. I think the future will be more polarization of trade unless a set of rules can be be agreed upon and enforced. These are the growing pains of humans simply becoming more civilized towards each other in politics and trade.

You think it’s bad now? Just wait till it is understood, let’s say a 30% population reduction is needed for a sustainable world.

How loud will all religions scream when they now preach “spread the seed and the message”.

Let's recall, under Obama Iran wasn't having sanctions. He wanted to "earn" that Nobel Prize he received rather prematurely. He made some ridiculous concessions including covering for elements of the Saudi government who were clearly involved with 9/11, something of a sore point this close to the anniversary. That was so the Saudis would support the Iran nuclear deal, something they hated, but the alternative of having their dirty laundry aired was possibly worse. 

Not convinced about your Malthusian argument. Malthus himself was an ass, who wanted to kill off the population of Ireland and turn it all over to grazing land. The population today is orders of magnitude higher than his dire prediction. That he was also a "pastor" says everything we need to know about "religious"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Let's recall, under Obama Iran wasn't having sanctions. He wanted to "earn" that Nobel Prize he received rather prematurely. He made some ridiculous concessions including covering for elements of the Saudi government who were clearly involved with 9/11, something of a sore point this close to the anniversary. That was so the Saudis would support the Iran nuclear deal, something they hated, but the alternative of having their dirty laundry aired was possibly worse. 

Not convinced about your Malthusian argument. Malthus himself was an ass, who wanted to kill off the population of Ireland and turn it all over to grazing land. The population today is orders of magnitude higher than his dire prediction. That he was also a "pastor" says everything we need to know about "religious"

 

I guess you didn’t track Obama’s Iran foreign policy to closely. 

Just to refresh my own memory it took 5 min to find this. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/160358/iranians-feel-bite-sanctions-blame-not-own-leaders.aspx

I was not a fan of the agreement that came later but Obama took GW’s sanctions and increased them dramatically. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-46092435

 

That is a chart showing the effects of the 2012 sanctions. 

Obama good or bad taught politicians how sanctions can be used. Trump is just a student on steroids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Of course, when any government is sanctioned, the economic situation of that society will deteriorate and that government will become a dictatorial state.

This dictatorship did not come out of nowhere, due to sanctions. It has been there a while Masih.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

This dictatorship did not come out of nowhere, due to sanctions. It has been there a while Masih.

Meanwhile Norwich thrash Man City 👏👏👏

This proves anything is possible....

Edited by James Regan
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys , now there is a technical discuss about oil and not about governments and dictators, the world has been from First to eternity is facing to dictaroes , we will not find real democracy anywhere in the world.
Modern dictatorship, traditional dictatorship, religious dictatorship . 
I have confused at the first of my question you have no answer at all and you regularly judge me as a supporter of the Iranian government.
Now the discussion is quite technical, once again I have the first part of my question
How OPEC and OECD play their role in setting oil price in light of Iranian oil sanction ??
Does the world agree with Iran's oil sanctions ???
Oil exporting countries are seeking to stabilize high oil prices and importing countries are trying to pay a low stable price for their oil purchases, so this process can be discussed as a two-table game, and such an expression on the oil market. The oil market is a mutual monopoly market.
In determining the price of crude oil, each party tries to change the price in its favor. Buyers try to cut prices and sellers try to raise prices. One of the important factors that can influence the price setting is the bargaining power of each side of the game.
The bargaining process is costly in many situations and bargaining issues for players. 
The most important cost is the timing of the bargaining process, and time is of value to the players. 
They divide the players into two groups of impatient and with patience according to the degree of value they place on time.
The more patient the player , has more bargaining power .
Poor players are also impatient and, as a result, have little bargaining power.
 Various variables make time valuable to players, the most important being the personality traits, wealth, income and market interest rates.
Therefore, under these circumstances, it is always possible for Iran to offer buyers less than the OPEC price and to buy oil from Iran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Masih, I don't know what you are getting at here, sorry.

I've answered all your questions. I don't agree with the entire middle section about how price is reached, and the final sentence is a statement and not a question. 

Iran is part of OPEC and so to undercut the organisation itself tells you everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Masih, I don't know what you are getting at here, sorry.

I've answered all your questions. I don't agree with the entire middle section about how price is reached, and the final sentence is a statement and not a question. 

Iran is part of OPEC and so to undercut the organisation itself tells you everything. 

Iran was the founder of OPEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DayTrader said:

It sure is, and based on the morals of the people in charge there, it's highly possible they are. I believe even @Zhong Lu suggested other day about selling it through Iraq and labelling as Iraqi etc? Apologies if I've got that wrong?

You have it correct.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

LOL ok James, still a part of it though.

I'll leave it to you man, getting bit confused where this is going. 

Edited by DayTrader
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DayTrader said:

It sure is, and based on the morals of the people in charge there, it's highly possible they are. I believe even @Zhong Lu suggested other day about selling it through Iraq and labelling as Iraqi etc? Apologies if I've got that wrong?

Wasn't me but I'll take credit for it.  

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Thank you very much for your comment
But, it is much better to deal with the subject matter, not at all my argument about whether the Iranian regime is good or bad. 
If we are talking about oil prices, then we need to look at the effective factors in the oil market.
To support the Iranian people in opposition to the Iranian regime is a separate political issue that should be discussed in a separate issue.
Of course, when any government is sanctioned, the economic situation of that society will deteriorate and that government will become a dictatorial state.
Imagine, for example, the world will boycotting , America or Japan or any other country, for example
result =  Government of that country = dictator
Every post I take is quickly taken over by the political faction
You seem to know better then me about the situation in Iran and you constantly point out social issues in Iran
I myself am an Iranian who opposed this dictatorial government and left Iran many years ago
but let discuss about our topic 
of course we wiil talk about iranian government and iranian history 
i am from ESFAHAN - please search on google 
very historical city 
 

Esfahan or Isfahan - A cultural gem no doubt.

Once Cyrus the Great had unified Persian and Median lands in 648–330 BCE, the religiously and ethnically diverse city of Isfahan became an early example of the king's fabled religious tolerance.

It was Cyrus who, having just taken Babylon, made an edict in 538 BCE, declaring that the Jews in Babylon could return to Jerusalem. Now it seems that some of these freed Jews settled in Isfahan instead of returning to their homeland. The 10th-century Persian historian Ibn al-Faqih wrote:

"When the Jews emigrated from Jerusalem, fleeing from Nebuchadnezzar, they carried with them a sample of the water and soil of Jerusalem. They did not settle down anywhere or in any city without examining the water and the soil of each place. They did all along until they reached the city of Isfahan. There they rested, examined the water and soil and found that both resembled Jerusalem. Thereupon they settled there, cultivated the soil, raised children and grandchildren, and today the name of this settlement is Yahudia"

Quite Ironic - What happened in-between will take me some time to discover.

Some people on this forum dont care to hear about the cultural background of regions in current Geopolitical turmoil, but I personally find it interesting.

Respectfully

 

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, People, Dr. Rezvani is busy writing some thesis.  He is provoking reactions on this Forum in order to advance empirical data-driven conclusions in that thesis.  His "arguments" are purely theoretical and designed to see how you react.  

Here is how I react, Dr. R:   the Iranian "Government" has been hijacked by the same "students" that raided the US Embassy in 1979 and took the Ambassador, the diplomatic staff, and the US Marines posted there hostage, blindfolded them, chained them, and paraded them around the streets of Tehran.  Now that scum is the "Government." 

The pond scum then brought in the mullahs and that crazy crowd in order to provide a patina of legitimacy to their installation of themselves into the Government, from which they can and do loot the treasury for themselves.  That scum do es not give one thin damn about the Iranian people, and they cynically let the mullahs loose, in order to terrify the population with their crazy sex ideas, which sex urges and perversions are satisfied in large part by stripping naked, flogging, brutalizing, sodomizing, and hanging young women. They also have this penchant for beheading people, and they have murdered some 33,000 Iranians that way.  And that is before you attempt to count the Baha'i.  

I am not allowed to advocate death to the pond scum and those mullahs, but what I think in private is another matter. 

The mullahs get away with it precisely because the population is unarmed.  Thus I advocate for the air-dropping by parachute of parcels of guns and ammunition all over the place, in the expectation that at least some of the stuff will end up in the right hands.  In the alternative, a landing in force of armor and mobile infantry and the take-over of Tehran, complete with the appropriate number of portable scaffolds, should put an end to this crap soon enough.  I cordially invite you to put that in your thesis. 

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

To be fair, before the mullahs took over the CIA got rid of a reasonably popular Iranian leader and replaced him with the Shah.  And Saudi Arabia is much more repressive towards women than Iran.  And most Iranians believe the CIA egged on Saddam Hussein to attack them (and they're probably right).  

There's also the irony that Iran is arguably the only functional democracy in the Middle East.  

Edited by Zhong Lu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

I'll leave it to you man, getting bit confused where this is going.

Well, you're British, so being in a confused state is the starting point.   We shall make allowances.......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.