Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Trump will capitulate on the trade war

(edited)

Capitulate this ...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-economic-growth-asian-stock-markets-global-economy-a9161071.html 

‘This downturn is serious’: China’s growth slumps to lowest rate in 26 years, sparking fears for global economy. Analysts warn the nation is feeling the impacts of the US trade war and a domestic spending slowdown.

La la la la 

#currencydevaluation

image.jpeg.24b6530739a972920b93de63a020b698.jpeg

Edited by Guest

So, if I am reading all of this correctly, with the technological advancement of submarine warfare, the emerging shore-based ‘carrier killer missiles’ (China touts itself in being the leader in this particular weapon system...interestingly enough), and advances in laser and railgun technology, it seems that China is actually positioning itself to be the largest manufacturer of floating targets for the future. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So, if I am reading all of this correctly, with the technological advancement of submarine warfare, the emerging shore-based ‘carrier killer missiles’ (China touts itself in being the leader in this particular weapon system...interestingly enough), and advances in laser and railgun technology, it seems that China is actually positioning itself to be the largest manufacturer of floating targets for the future. 

Chinese Just copied 90s Russian Anti ship missile.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:22 PM, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

farmer?

I think he had a telling off from the moderator lol!

17 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

THE deal breaker, which most do not talk about?  Submarines.  Far as I am concerned, every surface combatant currently is nothing but a sitting duck to shore based missiles

Yep I agree submarines are the future for any navy

(edited)

16 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

The idea that some Chines adventurism can be played out with some swarm attack against the US Fleet is ludicrous; American ships were faced with that threat by Iran, with the development of swarms of two-man suicide boats and WIG machines, and have developed effective countermeasures that can knock incoming cruise missiles out of the sky using radar-controlled automatic Gatling guns that spit out 6,000 rounds a minute [that is one hundred rounds a second!] of 20-mm cannon fire.  A burst from one of those guns and you can kiss that cruise missile goodbye.

I believe that all your arguments about Chinese Navy capabilities & tendencies were already refuted by comments by @footeab@yahoo.com and me. So I will just answer CIWS capability of aircraft carrier against supersonic missiles.

Latest "carrier killers" Chinese anti ship missiles (believed to be reverse engineered 90s Russian missile technology) have terminal supersonic boosters so they approach the ship with about 2.5 Mach speed. Anti-missile Gauntlets have muzzle velocity of 3 Mach. Cost of 1 missile not higher than Tomahawk (which costs 1.5 million dollars) it is Chinese, mass production, assume 1 million cost. Swarm of 20 missiles (it could be 50 or 100 they are dirt cheap) attacking vessel simultanously at different angles are just "carrier killers" and thus they are called "carrier killers" by both American (Pentagon reports etc.) and Chinese military.

What was to be proved. I think it is useless to continue this discussion.

If you are happier and feel safer living in the year 2000 reality, I will no longer be cruel and fight with your fantasies.

Edited by Marcin
spelling
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

You get this total crap from some armchair economist sitting in his comfy home in Poland, protected by the might of the US Army and its M1A2 Abrams tanks, compliments of the US Taxpayers.  Hey, you don't like the American military, try living without it, see how that works out for you. Bye-bye Poland - again.

• Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh we are back to getting a ruler out.

Thought this was about Trump and trade and China being battered for years and still bitter about it.

Let it go. And less diversions please.

Cheers. 

It is just that those guys piss me off with their chronic mendacity, that's all. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

I don't mean you, just bored of hearing the apparent capabilities China has.

#centuryofhumiliation

Get over it. And it was waaaaaaaay longer than a century. 

Edited by Guest

(edited)

China Braces To Unveil 5%-GDP Growth At Two Key Meetings In Coming Weeks Profile picture for user Tyler Durden by Tyler Durden Mon, 10/21/2019 - 08:21

Earlier this month, Beijing marked the 70th anniversary of the People's Republic of China with huge military parades, showing off its hypersonic weapons and weaponized drones. But behind the scene's China's economy is quickly decelerating, and fresh evidence last week shows GDP could slip under 6%. China's GDP, published last Friday, showed 6% growth for 3Q, the weakest quarterly prints since 1992 and down from 6.2% in 2Q. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/china-likely-embark-below-trend-growth-sub-6-2020

ALWAYS GOT MONEY FOR THOSE TANKS THOUGH... PRIORITIES... 

image.jpeg.e0a6f6266b9a142f01f0933bb4e57765.jpeg

Edited by Guest

(edited)

23 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

And they will continue to get their ass kicked.  Stick around,  The Donald has no intention of letting up.  Watch as the tariff wall goes over 50% across the board. Bye-bye China; they cannot survive as a nation without selling to the USA.  Utterly impossible.  The place will break up into little independent, and squabbling, fiefdoms. Sayonara. 

Depends what you consider "survive as a nation"  China has existed since ancient times - some silly rebellious colonies are not going to take them down.

The donald will die soon enough...

Edited by Enthalpic

42 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

The donald will die soon enough...

“Try not to think of a white bear...”

5 hours ago, DayTrader said:

ALWAYS GOT MONEY FOR THOSE TANKS THOUGH... PRIORITIES... 

Just like uncle sam

On 10/21/2019 at 4:41 AM, Jan van Eck said:

. Bye-bye China; they cannot survive as a nation without selling to the USA.  Utterly impossible.  The place will break up into little independent, and squabbling, fiefdoms. Sayonara.

The USA accounts for less than 20% of Chinese imports, and China has ensured this proportion will decline over time via their Belt & Road strategy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, remake it said:

The USA accounts for less than 20% of Chinese imports, and China has ensured this proportion will decline over time via their Belt & Road strategy.

Who cares about what their import mix is?  That is neither interesting nor relevant.  

While again irrelevant, their Belt & Road is going nowhere. FOr readers unfamiliar with it, their idea is to lock in subservient nations and exploit the raw materials, while selling them finished goods at marked-up prices.   That is classic mercantilism, and while it might work after a fashion, it requires a large upfront cost which recovery is murky at best.   One revolution and the next government repudiates the B&R Agreements and the Chinese are out in the cold.  Venezuela comes to mind on that  one.  Or Ceylon. 

The Chinese economy and their expansions are totally geared towards selling manufactured goods to the USA.  You choose not to believe that.  Fine, up to you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Who cares about what their import mix is?  That is neither interesting nor relevant.  

While again irrelevant, their Belt & Road is going nowhere. FOr readers unfamiliar with it, their idea is to lock in subservient nations and exploit the raw materials, while selling them finished goods at marked-up prices.   That is classic mercantilism, and while it might work after a fashion, it requires a large upfront cost which recovery is murky at best.   One revolution and the next government repudiates the B&R Agreements and the Chinese are out in the cold.  Venezuela comes to mind on that  one.  Or Ceylon. 

The Chinese economy and their expansions are totally geared towards selling manufactured goods to the USA.  You choose not to believe that.  Fine, up to you. 

It destroys your claims completely as the US is not essential to China in terms of trade - making the Trade War a side show - while your ideas about the Belt & Road strategy are unsound. 

13 minutes ago, remake it said:

It destroys your claims completely as the US is not essential to China in terms of trade - making the Trade War a side show -

Sure, chum.  And that is why the Chinese have to pay $300,000 A DAY time-charter-equivalent for their inbound oil tankers, instead of $5,000 a day.  Trump did that one.  You bet; you have this one all nailed down.

15 minutes ago, remake it said:

while your ideas about the Belt & Road strategy are unsound. 

Sure they are, chum.  Haven't you figured out by now that everything I write is utterly unsound?  Hey, you said so, and as the resident Oracle you know far more than the rest of us.  In which case, I have a suggestion:  why not just ignore me, all I do is prattle some nonsense, no need to expend your energies on refuting that.  Off you go, chum.

• Great Response! 2

(edited)

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

Just like uncle sam

US doesn't have its own shoddy bridges etc collapsing and killing citizens as far as I know? So you have issue with USA, not just Trump? Your leader meanwhile is hanging out with Greta at marches. 

LOL US not essential to China in terms of trade. This place gets worse. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Jan van Eck said:

Sure, chum.  And that is why the Chinese have to pay $300,000 A DAY time-charter-equivalent for their inbound oil tankers, instead of $5,000 a day.  Trump did that one.  You bet; you have this one all nailed down.

Sure they are, chum.  Haven't you figured out by now that everything I write is utterly unsound?  Hey, you said so, and as the resident Oracle you know far more than the rest of us.  In which case, I have a suggestion:  why not just ignore me, all I do is prattle some nonsense, no need to expend your energies on refuting that.  Off you go, chum.

The Belt & Road initiative is very different to how you described it, and over time China  will be earning more from interest on borrowings than from exports to the USA.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

US doesn't have its own shoddy bridges etc collapsing and killing citizens as far as I know?

That is not an argument!

7 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

You have these guys showing up here who are utterly, absolutely convinced that their ideas about China-US trade relations are impeccable, as if they were cranked off on some Gestetner machine.  The thinking is unshakable. Facts mean nothing.  It is this altered mental state, where the real meets the surreal, where the wanderer enters the phantasmagoria of the mind;  yes, you too have entered -  The Twilight Zone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

Lol exactly hahahah but they all score 10 on their little points card...

3 minutes ago, remake it said:

That is not an argument!

I'm not even talking to you lol, and nothing is a good argument to you unless it agress with the nonsense Big Bro has fed you your whole life.

Nice diversion yet again to your bridges killing people.

I don't think I've seen you answer anything from anyone in about 2 months. 

Go back to sleep droid.

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, remake it said:

In Jan-Sep 2019 period exports to USA constitute 17.09% of Chinese exports.

5 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

You have these guys showing up here who are utterly, absolutely convinced that their ideas about China-US trade relations are impeccable, as if they were cranked off on some Gestetner machine.  The thinking is unshakable. Facts mean nothing.  It is this altered mental state, where the real meets the surreal, where the wanderer enters the phantasmagoria of the mind;  yes, you too have entered -  The Twilight Zone.

Why not present your facts rather than drift into a criticism of who responds to you?