Tom Kirkman

Trump's China Strategy: Death By a Thousand Paper Cuts

(edited)

Marcin I was for once being more of a realist and perhaps my life experiences outweigh media propoganda.

Glad we agree on many things here

i still have major issues with health and safety, human and animal rights and censorship in China to name a few things, but I cannot deny my own experiences over there, and generally they were positive 

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

My personal experience of living in totalitarian country is that until while there is meat and vodka pilsner and you have the flat somewhere to live in, not many people are protesting, and those could be easily suppressed and put into jail.

When no pilsner then next best beer is from Yanjing Beer (Guilin Liquan) Co but leave the Mr Potato Head for crazy drunken Russians.

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2019 at 10:22 AM, kshithij Sharma said:

By the way, I am an Indian, not Chinese. Trying to be oversmart does not make you actually smart.

Your nom de guerre does not fool me. You are Chinese, with at least a half dozen compatriots and at least two bots. If I had access to the server logs I could prove it. Now of  course you'll be using VPN which is its own tell. Carry on sir 

8 hours ago, remake it said:

When no pilsner then next best beer is from Yanjing Beer (Guilin Liquan) Co but leave the Mr Potato Head for crazy drunken Russians.

I do not know Chinese drinking experience, as I have never been to China. It was drinking experience of my country, vodka is for drinking, beer is good to refresh yourself on a hot day. When alcohol was scarse it was illegally produced in  bathrooms of Urban  apartaments, widespread practise. Only meat was more difficult to get, people had to buy whole slaughtered pigs from farmers, 70 kg of meat and freeze it. It were really difficult times.

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

I do not know Chinese drinking experience, as I have never been to China. It was drinking experience of my country, vodka is for drinking, beer is good to refresh yourself on a hot day. When alcohol was scarse it was illegally produced in  bathrooms of Urban  apartaments, widespread practise. Only meat was more difficult to get, people had to buy whole slaughtered pigs from farmers, 70 kg of meat and freeze it. It were really difficult times.

I've enjoyed a few bottles of Great Wall Red in my time😉

12 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I've enjoyed a few bottles of Great Wall Red in my time😉

Taiwan Beer. One of the best lagers out there. Mainland China made it illegal because "Taiwan". The mainland Chinese were more upset than the Taiwanese. Tsingtao is a distant second (and equally illegally named according to the reason China claimed, not allowing origins in the beer name). Mostly just butt hurt