Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Regan

London Bridge Attack Climate Conundrum

(edited)

Queen praises heroes who used a narwhal tusk and fire extinguisher to stop London Bridge attacker

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/queen-leads-tributes-to-brave-heroes-in-london-bridge-attack/2019/11/30/01438696-1372-11ea-b0fc-62cc38411ebb_story.html

This is a bit of a conundrum involving a CO2 fire extinguisher and a whale tusk, how does this fit into the climate debate, this is just one more reason offered for the reasons why carbon dioxide is present and relevant in our society, not only will the CO2 gas put out fires its also a great weapon in the fight on terror. We can also think about the whale tusk harvesting now being considered a worthwhile action as it was also used as part of a system used to thwart a terror attack.

I think it's ironic that these two items used were used to save human lives and not be the focus of how humans are killing the planet, let's save humans first and worry about the planet after, if we save humans the planet by default will be saved. We are doing nothing wrong, we are evolving and climate change is a fact that has been happening for Millenia not just the last 50 years when it became a business model to make fat cats fatter, or facilitate the agenda of a political race.

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the main issue to be raised in this terror attack is why the hell the guy was freed from prison less than halfway through his prison sentence! My understanding is there was no parole hearing he was just let loose to commit this atrocity, unbelievable!

Whoever did that has effectively committed manslaughter.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I think the main issue to be raised in this terror attack is why the hell the guy was freed from prison less than halfway through his prison sentence! My understanding is there was no parole hearing he was just let loose to commit this atrocity, unbelievable!

Whoever did that has effectively committed manslaughter.

One of the people he murdered was a let em all out tw@t running a rehabilitation programme which Khan was part of. 

While I can see merit in rehabilitation of offenders, indeed all but one of the people tackling Khan were ex offenders, these Jihadi nutters are beyond rehabilitation. They should be doing a  200 year term in a supermax prison (if we had them) on the Hebrides or Falkland Islands.