JN

Senate Impeachment Trial: After opening statements Trump will file Motion to Dismiss. Debate 2 days. Senate votes, Motion to Dismiss passes

9 minutes ago, remake it said:

Right you are - Star Wars.

I always preferred Star Trek TNG; Data holds the position in the 24th century.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:42 AM, remake it said:

That very question was raised early on in this thread and nobody addressed it so would you like to show how the President is upholding his Oath of Office as none of his actions are consistent with his undertakings.

You mean except for making America great again...he’s nailing that! And keep in mind that he has done that while continually having to deal with those adolescent morons in the House.

Absolutely nothing has come to light AND PROVEN that indicates that he has not upheld his oath or office. Heresay, third party claims and the mass media nonsense do not hold up in court.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Since I am stucked in bathtub area and have nothing better to do for the next 15 minutes,

I started to read this thread about Impeachment, and my observations:

- I assume there is no lawyer in this discussion, it is much better, cause non-expert discussions are always spoilt by experts telling the real state of affairs,

- It is reassuring to see (US&UK) people focused on domestic issue, even if totally artificial one (the output of impeachment affair = nothing but with lots of sparkling is known from the beginning due to Republican dominated Senate and Democrats dominated House).

- Such discussions are never the less very fertile because they teach US&UK citizens how to discuss about real US (or UK) problems without finger pointing to outside evil perpertrators (China for US, EU for UK).

- The next, I believe totally possible step (since it is Christmas time and all this magic is all around)  would be to discuss any of the real problems of both countries.

Little princes is finishing her bath so I am off again.

2 hours ago, Marcin said:

Since I am stucked in bathtub area and have nothing better to do for the next 15 minutes,

I started to read this thread about Impeachment, and my observations:

- I assume there is no lawyer in this discussion, it is much better, cause non-expert discussions are always spoilt by experts telling the real state of affairs,

- It is reassuring to see (US&UK) people focused on domestic issue, even if totally artificial one (the output of impeachment affair = nothing but with lots of sparkling is known from the beginning due to Republican dominated Senate and Democrats dominated House).

- Such discussions are never the less very fertile because they teach US&UK citizens how to discuss about real US (or UK) problems without finger pointing to outside evil perpertrators (China for US, EU for UK).

- The next, I believe totally possible step (since it is Christmas time and all this magic is all around)  would be to discuss any of the real problems of both countries.

Little princes is finishing her bath so I am off again.

You having a bad day?

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

You having a bad day?

I do not think so, why such conclusion ?

Just thought you were having an anti UK/USA day😂

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2019 at 5:48 PM, DayTrader said:

True but he agreed with me about the ludicrous tree. 

Not quite in the 'quantum mechanics' league.

If you said to Einstein ''if a tree falls over in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?'', he would have said ''yes'' and got on with his day.

Possibly a more interesting question:

If DT makes a post, and no bot is around to parse (read) it, is he still wrong?

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

On 12/21/2019 at 7:41 PM, Otis11 said:

Possibly a more interesting question:

Of course not.   @DayTrader is never wrong, especially when speaking of UK matters.   [I exclude commentary on US matters, especially guns, law amendments, religion, Electoral College, US Constitution, dredging in the Port of Newark and the Hudson, tunnel construction in Pennsylvania, canola oil, criticizing Jan, and the American obsession with sex]. 

• Haha 3

@Marcin ,  I gently suggest you avoid criticizing the Americans, I really get the impression that you do not grasp how it works in the USA. Guys like @Douglas Buckland actually have a pretty good handle on the realities of American politics and the impeachment saga.  And yes, there are "lawyers" in the discussion, if you mean folks who went to a law school and practiced in the court systems.  Although the impeachment process emphatically does NOT require lawyers or analysis of law.  It is a political process.  Cheers. 

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/21/2019 at 6:45 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

And keep in mind that he has done that while continually having to deal with those adolescent morons in the House.

Total gold. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/22/2019 at 12:41 AM, Otis11 said:

No. Next question.

11 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Of course not.   @DayTrader is never wrong

See. Case closed. 

17 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Although the impeachment process emphatically does NOT require lawyers or analysis of law.  It is a political process.  Cheers. 

While this is true it behoves Senators to understand that their decisions impact on how the nation regards their deliberations on the Constitution as a protector of the liberties of all and that it should never be allowed that any one individual can be willfully inscrutable by oath: 

“I solemnly swear that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of Donald John Trump, now pending I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.”

17 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Of course not.   @DayTrader is never wrong, especially when speaking of UK matters.   [I exclude commentary on US matters, especially guns, law amendments, religion, Electoral College, US Constitution, dredging in the Port of Newark and the Hudson, tunnel construction in Pennsylvania, canola oil, criticizing Jan, and the American obsession with sex]. 

We Americans have an obsession with sex? I was not aware....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

We Americans have an obsession with sex? I was not aware....

For a good reason?

Just now, remake it said:

For a good reason?

Beeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeep, hulong hulong hulong, squeeeeeeel squeeeeeel

To be honest as foreigner I don't understand why the attempt to dismiss has affected Trump and not young Bush or Obama.

The fact is that Biden's son is nepot of his father and no sensible employer would pay him 50,000 dollars  a month in a country where a monthly salary is about $ 300 for questionable services if it wasn't for his father. Apart from the fact that this employer is an ukrainian powerful oligarch with contacts in Cyprus, Great Britain and of course Russia because it is impossible to run a gas business in Ukraine without being dipped in dozens of dark interests with Gazprom and Russian oligarchs.

Personally, it seems to me that 2 American factions are trying to take over Ukrainian strategic gas pipelines from Russia  to Europe and Ukrainian not so small shale gas deposits.  IMHO its one of the reasons for sanctions on Nord Stream.

I believe that the war in Iraq, where around 5,000 Americans were killed and several tens of thousands more were seriously injured, would be more suitable for dismissal, if only because it totally discredited the US foreign policy in the eyes of the whole world.

As for Obama, I find it totally embarrassing his policy that a bank is too big to fail and that no one has answered criminally for triggering the global financial crisis with the dubious activity of mortgage banks. Occupy Wall Street movement was also smashed, it may have been a breeding ground for Russia Today, but I think those protesters, not bankers, should be the essence of American society.

And if we talk exactly about Trump dirty games in Ukraine do not make US big harm because, as Bismarc said, people should not know how to make sausage and politics. 

Of course, it is true that it resembles the Watergate scandal, but on the other hand, after how the entire American establishment has treated Trump for five years, I am reminded of the proverb what goes around comes around.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Tomasz said:

The fact is that Biden's son is nepot of his father and no sensible employer would pay him 50,000 dollars  a month in a country where a monthly salary is about $ 300 for questionable services if it wasn't for his father. Apart from the fact that this employer is an ukrainian powerful oligarch with contacts in Cyprus, Great Britain and of course Russia because it is impossible to run a gas business in Ukraine without being dipped in dozens of dark interests with Gazprom and Russian oligarchs.

https://www.ibtimes.com/after-trump-impeachment-hunter-biden-linked-multiple-criminal-investigations-court-2891204

6 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

It would be so much easier if you and others created threads for irrelevances and conspiracy theories because the tenuous attempts here of guilt by association to a person not under investigation don't actually have anything to do with Trump's trial by the Senate in 2020.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:25 AM, Rob Plant said:

Just thought you were having an anti UK/USA day😂

Most of my life spent in US companies, Americans are best employers and clients. I really like US and I think know a lot about. What bothers me especially since around 2007 is a crisis of this nation, relative decline, I think mass media that you guys like to parrot so much are really harmful, real problems are not solved, some evil outside reasons for them are found. Where is some politician in US to have courage to even speak about problems of: lobbying, FED, 2 party system and lack of democracy, media owned by a few persons and each year more similar to Chinese rags, society being more stupid each year because money is spend on bloated military. Even this impeachment is circus played with joy by Rep and Dem alike because  it is so detached from Real America. And No Party even tries to propose solutions. So Trump is real God among them because he just noticed some obvious and more safe issues and is brave enough to speak about them.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:45 PM, Rob Plant said:

Time to get a life mate and spend less time on here

And have a good f**k, it helps.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

And have a good f**k, it helps.

Yes a good fork sharp knife and a silver spoon for dessert once the President's trial is over.