MS

Iraqi uprising against US military presence is increasing. Are geopolitical interests justification good enough for waging war against Iraqi nation on Iraqi soil ?

2 hours ago, Papillon said:

May I suggest sir that you try to refrain from speaking for the entire website as it seems to me to show a level of arrogance close to beyond words. It also appears that it proves my point yet again that not only do you think everybody thinks as you do but that you also want that to be the case, and I fear you will be nothing but disappointed in your desire to be surrounded by echoes. You seem unaware of the freedom of speech and the concept that someone can think differently to yourself and I find this astounding.

As proved a few hours later here and by the various users who often agree with Remake It, rather than those who award red arrows or insults and nothing more as their argument clearly is precisely zero. This appears to be the same bullying mentality here that is also cast onto a teenage girl and is quite pathetic and telling of personalities.

I would totally agree sir and will from now on see them as a compliment and precisely the same thing, that being a lack of credible argument from the user who gave them and admission that what they read was nothing but fact and they merely didn't like reading it. I now welcome the red arrow and ridiculous accusations as it will strengthen all my points.

Of course you do, this is what happens when logic takes hold. Other users, not so much, merely juvenile insult and accusation.

I agree but could a user simply not invent this work history if they so wished anyway? Also with respect, and I appreciate you are most likely talking of the technical threads you mention, I don't see why experience in oil or gas is necessary to comment on unrelated geopolitical threads.

I am sure they are not sir but they would 'go away' by using the 'ignore user' feature here if one so wished. The fact that users clearly do not do this, (and that some would rather insult or argue with 'it' everyday), speaks volumes as to their belief of this bot accusation surely? It certainly tells me a hobby for some may be a wise choice for starters. All that said, I thank you for your detailed reply as always Tom.

Of course it did sir, it was factual, probably made sense and undoubtedly had no replies.

Very true, although being accused of barely being a person is quite the 'critique' sir, and surely it is my right to comment on insults and accusations? Therefore the 'give me a break' comment alongside your 'freedom of speech' comment is a little contradictory, but I see your point. It is simply a sorry state as you rightly say that insulting comments are to be expected in this day and age.

Respectfully, Papillon. 

Cry me a river Papillion. I know you're involved with remake it, and I know remake it is a bot. How do I know it's a bot? Because almost two decades ago I was heavily involved with artificial intelligence, my good friend was the senior editor of the most prestigious publication in the space and my other friend formed a top AI agent company, which much to my chagrin I didn't invest in when I should have.

Given the technology advances of the past 20 years, there is zero doubt in my mind that today's AI tech can fool most humans. But remake it doesn't even try. Its shtick isn't to communicate in a human friendly manner, but to arrogantly Display its superiority over same. That is programming of course, and there's a good reason. Eventually even the dullards will ascertain that something is amiss with "that guy" because humans are just wired that way. So the bot comes across as a bot, gathering intel as it goes, and depending on the heuristics it should continuously get better. It won't and can't, get "friendlier".

Remake it has never denied being a bot, something which could have been easily programmed into its algorithms. But after I (and others) called it out, i knew it was only a matter of time before its human handlers showed up. That was immediately obvious by the "remake it" posts that sounded nothing like remake it. Obvious tell that a human is "helping". Then it was only a matter of time until its humans came to play, with their own little "identities". The charade then continues. Simple inspection told me who the handlers were, which I communicated with others here via the private message function right there at the top. Perhaps "everyone" is too broad a statement, better if I'd said everyone who matters (to me). 

I don't care that you're a handler, I don't care that you're running a game with this site. I don't even dislike you in the slightest for this. But while I understand it's important for you and your purposes to continue the illusion that remake it is somehow human with let's pretend autism, I'm not going there. Better to just accept it and see how it rolls. You're getting good data either way. I'll even continue to throw you programming tips to improve it. But up to and until you retire the code and regardless of how often you step in to "speak" for it, remake it is a bot and only a bot. 

• Great Response! 1

LOL then block them all Ward !!!!

Can we make it a resolution that people don't talk to 'people' that they don't consider 'people' ??

Is that so mad? 😂  F**k me. You guys are hilarious.

@Papillon  @Ward Smith   Chill guys, this is mental, you both have good points generally but this is madness.

(My resolutions other than more sarcasm include being a beacon of peace ... how am I doing?)

<cough>  Shale thread     ...(ignore that one). 

30 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Simple inspection told me who the handlers were, which I communicated with others here via the private message function right there at the top. Perhaps "everyone" is too broad a statement, better if I'd said everyone who matters (to me). 

23 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

@Papillon  @Ward Smith   Chill guys, this is mental, you both have good points generally but this is madness.

This bot thing becomes real entertainment here,

Unfortunately I have not received this bot warning  private message from Ward.

So I am lost as prey for bot infiltration

Ward please elaborate more about the subject, do you have any test to discover bots ?

Do they harass you only in cyber space or also in reality ?

I am going to test my friends, some are recently behaving in a strange way, they could have been taken over by rogue AI.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Marcin said:

Do they harass you only in cyber space or also in reality ?

🤣🤣  I'm guessing both but the latter is way easier to spot. 

18 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Oh, and if it wasn't already obvious to everyone you are the other handler for remake it. Between you and Marcin, you've managed to make it almost seem human. Almost.

Let me put it this way ...

Recently Jan and I have been accused of being the same person (was maybe a joke, I've no idea, but Jan didn't see it that way clearly).

I have also been accused of posting here to attract views and further posts (the logic being 'let's ask this genius to argue with others to attract others to maybe argue too') - just amazing.

The Iranian doctor that you have just replied to has been accused of being some kind of apologist as Jan would say, and he then accused Pap of being a Chinese one.

Pap is now accused of being a handler of Remake.

Marcin is accused too.

And Remake is accused of being the bot.

Do you see a pattern here? Apart from the Jan and I example, it seems any differing opinion is accused of something here and not just bots and handlers, but any belief outside the general Republican, gun loving, bible reading, meat eating, climate change denying, etc users here. Tom is always saying he wants differing views and life would be boring without them and I agree, but why would or should people bother to just be attacked or accused?

The maddest thing about all of this is that you can hit ''ignore user'' in a matter of seconds if you really want to. That's not aimed at you but to everyone. 

Anyway, where is this green card?  #DT2020, I don't have long to sort shit but you clearly need me to sort your circus out. 

Edited by Guest

Ward, after a while, and inspecting your comments, I came to a horrible conclusion.

I think you are a very advanced bot, but this very sad truth was hidden from you (like was hidden from Rachael Tyrrel in Blade Runner).

Please apply your own test to yourself, but be prudent, enemy could be anywhere

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 2

🤣🤣🤣

On 1/1/2020 at 7:42 AM, Marcin said:

The problem is embassy protesters are highly organized. Normally weather in Baghdad would be US ally as it gets down to 5-8 C at night. But protesters have tents portable bathrooms, it will be succesful siege. They already just put on fire reception area. They will have masks so tear gas No problem. They are like Hong Kong protesters.

They have time on their side, Trump loses 1% in the polls every 2 days of such protest.

I have heard they are on an Iranian payroll so of course. 

2 hours ago, DayTrader said:

LOL then block them all Ward !!!!

Can we make it a resolution that people don't talk to 'people' that they don't consider 'people' ??

Is that so mad? 😂  F**k me. You guys are hilarious.

(My resolutions other than more sarcasm include being a beacon of peace ... how am I doing?)

<cough>  Shale thread     ...(ignore that one). 

Thought you were smarter than this DT. 

Do try and keep up. Do I have to draw a map? 

Remake it is a bot. Period. 

You get confused because while some (high) percentage of its posts are computer generated, sometimes a human is behind the post. You can't point to the (few) human posts to negate the (many) bot posts. 

Papillion and Marcin are the bot handlers. They are humans and are here to deflect attention AWAY from the obvious bot. They will use any and all techniques including the (current) derision to thwart attention from their pet. I responded to the bot, in the manner I did, to pull the handlers out into view, in which I've succeeded. They're having a little meltdown now because they've been counting on people being less intelligent. I'd like to think you're not in the low intelligence grouping but you're going to have to up your game a bit. ;)

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Remake it has never denied being a bot, something which could have been easily programmed into its algorithms.

So why was it not sir if so easy to do so? I presume the Chinese military forgot this feature or are potentially waiting to steal the superior feature from the USA? Also as I have stated before, if the user did deny it you would not believe him anyway, so why would he bother? To satisfy you and a couple of your friends here? (the ones you confide and hypothesise with, whereas the majority of the site is clearly not on your level presumably, hence they still converse with him everyday ... oh, as you do too).

and depending on the heuristics it should continuously get better. It won't and can't, get "friendlier".

An odd statement considering his jokes often receive positive reactions. Also rather ironic that you mention friendliness while insulting him on a daily basis is it not? If you could direct me to ONE example of him EVER resorting to insults, as you continually do, that would be much appreciated. As ever here, one rule for some, another rule for others. 

I know you're involved with remake it

If by 'involved' you mean 'agree with on occasion' then yes, guilty. However, what you have accused me of is plain wrong, but it is clear you are adamant in your view so this accusation, which I find ridiculous, is pointless to discuss further. Let us agree to disagree sir and it would maybe be wise of you to not read any further posts of mine as others have suggested.

13 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

They're having a little meltdown now because they've been counting on people being less intelligent.

Yes clearly no one is on your level and everyone here is in awe of your wisdom I'm sure. When they are not too busy reacting to his posts with upvotes possibly. 

Cry me a river

This is a physical action and so impossible due to my faulty programming. 

Edited by Papillon
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Thought you were smarter than this DT. 

Do try and keep up. Do I have to draw a map? 

Remake it is a bot. Period. 

You get confused because while some (high) percentage of its posts are computer generated, sometimes a human is behind the post. You can't point to the (few) human posts to negate the (many) bot posts. 

Papillion and Marcin are the bot handlers. They are humans and are here to deflect attention AWAY from the obvious bot. They will use any and all techniques including the (current) derision to thwart attention from their pet. I responded to the bot, in the manner I did, to pull the handlers out into view, in which I've succeeded. They're having a little meltdown now because they've been counting on people being less intelligent. I'd like to think you're not in the low intelligence grouping but you're going to have to up your game a bit. ;)

Ward, please show us that this could be real, for me it looks like obsession, but your other comments unrelated to bot issue are all spot on.

Personally, I do not mind being called bot handler (if it is human bot handler not AI bot handler handling AI bots).

I mean, please link any article from science journal, book title, maybe online example, something that could show us that AI can be so powerful. Even if it is not stricte scientific example but futuristic vision etc.

I remember @Tom Kirkman also alleged in the past that @remake it could be bot and even linked youtube video  of bot vs bot conversation.

This has not convinced me that remake it is a bot but was an interesting experience.

I think if we would learn something about artificial intelligence and its applications it would do us no harm at all.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

On some very specific chan forums and some very specific 8kun forums, the bots outnumber the humans.  No, I won't provide links publicly.  If you really want to see a continuous horde of bots trying to shout down humans with an avalange of nonsensical garbage, you can private message me, and I will consider giving you a few links.  Be warned, most people severely dislike unfettered free speech forums with absolutely no censorship, and the humans there frequently try to chase away newcomers with extremely offensive graphics and extremely offensive words.  

Anywat, in my opinion, Ward is generally correct in his overall views on bots and human handlers.  I am not going any farther than that here, as I am unsure about who might be the human handlers, and unsure if those humans are even registered members here.  Guessing is about all I can do on this.

In the other gand, I still think remake it is most likely a bot, with 2 human handlers.  I have stated this before.

@DayTrader unlike you, I encounter multitudes of bots on a daily basis over on 8kun.  After a while, they become pretty easy to spot.  The challenge becomes wading through and ignoring the tsunami of bots in order to read the comments and very sharp anaysis by humans.

Some bots can be pretty funny.  One bot in particular is consistently identifiable, and users have nicknamed it ebot.  When ebot changes its programming and goes on an unhinged rant in a completely new vein, people there notice and laugh.  Sometimes ebot has a melrdown and spews gibberish.  Sonetimes ebot is funny as heck.

Memes made by bots tend to be fairly nonsensical, but just like a bunch of monkeys pounding away on typewriters, sometimes the memes made by bots are unexpectedly funny (probably because humans generally wouldn't think in the way that computers "think").  No, I can't post these memes here, as this forum has some decorum.  And you need some pretty thick skin to appreciate the humor in the deliberately offensive onslaught.

Anyway, my general view on bots is "no harm no foul".  I tend to let bots be unless they become totally disruptive.  And they can be amusing.   remake it has changed his / her / its avatar a couple times lately, and the avatar is amusing.

And like The Terminator, bots simply are not going away on forums.  Ban one and a new one will join the forum.

/ edit  @Ward Smith  knows far more about bots than I do, so I am in no position to comment on his conclusions.

Edited by Tom Kirkman
  • Like 1

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Anyway, my general view on bots is "no harm no foul".  I tend to let bots be unless they become totally disruptive.  And they can be amusing.   remake it has changed his / her / its avatar a couple times lately, and the avatar is amusing.

Fair enough sir and yes I find him most amusing, which is why the insults from others are completely unwarranted.

Plus, as I have just stated, Remake It has not resorted to insult once, unlike others who do it to him everyday, so which type of user is the most 'disruptive' to polite conversation, despite their self proclaimed wisdom? 

Edited by Papillon
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

Opinion is not 'insult' sir, I know it may be to you as a different opinion is painful to the eyes or ears for you, but that does not make it an insult.

Thankyou though for admitting in your silence that you DO indeed try to insult ('needledick'), and then jumping straight to whataboutism in trying to find HIS insults, though clearly failing. Yet another case of something being fine for you but not for others. It seems somewhat of a habit.

As I stated before, I suggest you ignore my posts unless you enjoy your arrogance and hypocrisies being shown up. Personally I would rather not, so maybe it is easier for I to block you instead, as the ignore feature has maybe confused you, but my programming should 'handle' it with no problems. 

Good day.

Edited by Papillon
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

48 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Opinion is not 'insult' sir, I know it may be to you as a different opinion is painful to the eyes or ears for you, but that does not make it an insult.

Thankyou though for admitting in your silence that you DO indeed try to insult ('needledick'), and then jumping straight to whataboutism in trying to find HIS insults, though clearly failing. Yet another case of something being fine for you but not for others. It seems somewhat of a habit.

As I stated before, I suggest you ignore my posts unless you enjoy your arrogance and hypocrisies being shown up. Personally I would rather not, so maybe it is easier for I to block you instead, as the ignore feature has maybe confused you, but my programming should 'handle' it with no problems. 

Good day.

You said there was no example, I pointed to his entire oeuvre and you resorted to… insults. Furthermore, for no intelligent reason YOU are offended when I use "needledick" as the title of a link to someone else?  Dude, you're being pathetic. 

At no time did I claim you were a bot, but of course as its creator you got offended when I called it one. Here, in something that would amuse a psychiatrist no end, you've identified with your creation, all while trying to keep your identities straight. Hilarious, truly.

You'd better block me before you end up in jing shen bing yuan. Lol

Edited by Ward Smith
fixed auto-correct miscorrect
  • Great Response! 1

4 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

You said there was no example, I pointed to his entire oeuvre and you resorted to… insults.

Perhaps you could actually point to just one as your tactic has been tried many times and found to be without merit.

• Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

On some very specific chan forums and some very specific 8kun forums, the bots outnumber the humans.  No, I won't provide links publicly.  If you really want to see a continuous horde of bots trying to shout down humans with an avalange of nonsensical garbage, you can private message me, and I will consider giving you a few links.  Be warned, most people severely dislike unfettered free speech forums with absolutely no censorship, and the humans there frequently try to chase away newcomers with extremely offensive graphics and extremely offensive words.

After killing of Suleimani per my opinion forum reached new lows.

It is swarmed by people chest thumping killing the person that 2 nations, 120 million people in total consider war hero, I read his bio at wikipedia, he has some real credentials from Iraq-Iran war and war against ISIS, allegedly saved Baghdad. Americans do not understand that it is natural for people occuppied by foreign, hostile military, US military in this case, that killed hundred thousand of their sons, to kill this hostile soldiers, Poles did these to Nazis during WW2, and these brave people are hero martyrs of nation. Americans do not understand that other 7 billion people treat them as bullies, very strong bullies, that instantly kill in the name of democracy and human rights.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

5 minutes ago, remake it said:
10 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

You said there was no example, I pointed to his entire oeuvre and you resorted to… insults.

Perhaps you could actually point to just one as your tactic has been tried many times and found to be without merit

I happened to see this unfortunately, I assume as you were quoted. Suggesting the ignore feature has confused you is an insult?

You do realise your hypocrisy is constant yes? Man up sir, or should I say ''cry me a river'' ?

• Haha 1

< *sigh* >

This is addressed to no one in particular, just some generic forum advice to consider.

If a particular member constantly seems to annoy you, there is a filter you can use to hide a member's comments.

>  Settings
>  Account
>  Ignored Users
>  Add new user to ignore list

Enter a member's name to set ignore options.

Ignoring a user allows you to block some or all of their content from showing. Users are not notified that you are ignoring them.

If you find me to be consistently annoying, try putting me in your ignore list for a week or 2 and see if you like the forum better.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

I have done so sir, not to yourself, but when someone is quoted I assume then you still see postings unfortunately? Thankyou though for the advice, although it is now belated, but I can think of a few users who would benefit from the above.

Edited by Papillon

36 minutes ago, Marcin said:

After killing of Suleimani per my opinion forum reached new lows.

@Marcin it is because they - Americans - have never experienced war on their soil in recent generations as many others here have through their family connections, eg those who have exposed their European heritage, and literally do not understand the potentially dire consequences of Trump's foolishness.

1 hour ago, remake it said:

@Marcin it is because they - Americans - have never experienced war on their soil in recent generations as many others here have through their family connections, eg those who have exposed their European heritage, and literally do not understand the potentially dire consequences of Trump's foolishness.

@remake it perhaps you would like to share what country you are from, or which country you currently reside in.

(edited)

5 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

I'd like to think you're not in the low intelligence grouping but you're going to have to up your game a bit. ;)

Doubt it, I'm English, there's your first clue ...  ;)  I have been here a while and based on most crap I read I'm in the top 1% LOL. You forget I get confused for Jan due to our shared account. And not being American is a bonus, we all know that obviously, it's a no brainer. LOL I'm joking, but my point still stands, ignore them all then. It is more nuts to me if you believe this stuff and still talk to them all everyday.

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I encounter multitudes of bots on a daily basis over on 8kun.  After a while, they become pretty easy to spot.  The challenge becomes wading through and ignoring the tsunami of bots 

Who are you kidding, you watch CNN all day.

Edited by Guest

(edited)

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

@remake it perhaps you would like to share what country you are from, or which country you currently reside in.

I do not like this nation-profiling going on here. It is done mainly by Jan, he needs national identification for his stereotypes about people. You are above this Tom. When I was against US exceptionalism, too close mentally to ubermensch idea for me Iwas tagged as Chinese.

I think forums like this are to exchange ideas, and I do not necessarily need to know nationality, let the thoughts speak for themselves.

Remake it is Chinese it is obvious, mentally still resides in Mainland China. If he is actually in Mainland China it shows clear devotion to his motherland as with his knowledge and command of English he could stay in country of his tertiary education.

If you really want to trace him it is easy, share the cost of the fee with Ward, he will have his bot mission accomplished.

Edited by Marcin
typo
  • Great Response! 2

(edited)

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

Doubt it, I'm English, there's your first clue ...  ;)  I have been here a while and based on most crap I read I'm in the top 1% LOL. You forget I get confused for Jan due to our shared account. And not being American is a bonus, we all know that obviously, it's a no brainer. LOL I'm joking, but my point still stands, ignore them all then.

It is a bonus, not because non-Americans are so more educated or intelligent, but they are much more open for new ideas, not polluted by the idea of exceptionalism, it is sad that only very few Americans are able to abandon narrow-minded view of the world in discussion. Maybe this they have to some extent common with Chinese, they are both citizens of Middle Kingdoms (US and China), at least in their own eyes.

Edited by Marcin
typo
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1