ML

E-car Sales Collapse

On 8/28/2023 at 9:31 PM, TailingsPond said:

You claimed you were a veteran.  So did you serve the country or work for oil companies?  One must be a lie.

Veterans get a nice pension with less time served....

We went over this already. The definition of a veteran can be a 25 year veteran of the oil and gas industry. My father is a military vet. He actually served this country and put his life on the line. 

You however, are just a parasite, like so many other government employees that do nothing of value. 

Any Armed Forces Member > government chemist/government leach. 

Bud light isn’t to bad if you put it on ice and drink it quick. I like regular Bud better. Has just a bit more bite. 

26 minutes ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

We went over this already. The definition of a veteran can be a 25 year veteran of the oil and gas industry. My father is a military vet. He actually served this country and put his life on the line. 

You however, are just a parasite, like so many other government employees that do nothing of value. 

Any Armed Forces Member > government chemist/government leach. 

If we had politicians with more brains we wouldn’t need kids going to most conflicts. We certainly don’t need to spend 800+ billion a year with over 800 bases. Then let’s throw on the interest for over half the 30+ trillion in debt interest from that corrupt military spending. Yes the US has a ballooning legacy of idiocy. I would love a day at the Senate and House chamber explaining how embarrassed I am of my government decision making by both parties. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

California generally sticks to their proposed bans (2-stroke etc.).  The industries rapidly follow whatever California dictates because they control much of the money and trade. Poor flyover states have no power to demand anything.

With no sales ICE will essentially go away within 10 years. 

Ever see this on products sold outside of California? "This product is known to the state of California..."

Says the man who never studied economics.....actually none of your statements is reality.

• Rolling Eye 1

4 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Yes obviously its only on NEW sales duh! Thats what the article said!

So your prediction is that these states wont carry out their own proposals? Youre sounding more like EWS than ever!

I guess we have to grab some popcorn and wait, wait, wait........

Maryland produces how many fossil fuel cars? Out of state cars which account for a huge number of new cars, will continue to produce fossil fuel cars, no discernible change.

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Maryland produces how many fossil fuel cars? Out of state cars which account for a huge number of new cars, will continue to produce fossil fuel cars, no discernible change.

Sorry, what has how many cars a state produces got to do with anything? Surely its all about whether those residents are able to buy and own an ICE vehicle or not. If not after 2035 then thats a massive part of the US demography that will turn to EV's and massively reduce the number of ICE vehicles on the road.

If you believe those states and possibly others to come wont implement this then thats your choice.

As EWS says get the popcorn out.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Says the man who never studied economics.....actually none of your statements is reality.

I already pointed out the logical errors you are attempting to use.

However, lets pretend you are an actual professional economist, does that means you are going to shut up about climate science?  Certainly you did not study both.

I somehow suspect you consider yourself an expert on everything. An arbiter of truth, or just an arrogant blowhard?

Edited by TailingsPond

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Sorry, what has how many cars a state produces got to do with anything? Surely its all about whether those residents are able to buy and own an ICE vehicle or not.

These guys hate California so they downplay how much power the state has in the USA and the world.

Poor people in flyover states have no where near the purchasing power as Californians so nobody cares about them and their desire to drive a gas guzzler truck equipped with a gun rack. 

Every industry always caves to Californian demands.  Emission standards, energy star appliances, carcinogen removal, etc.   The list is very, very long and Cali never backs down. 

Ecodischarge should read this:

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/09/1121952184/the-impact-of-californias-environmental-regulations-ripples-across-the-u-s

"It's such a large market so that anything which California acquires for its own product sold in its state is going to resonate among national and global companies. If you don't want to have to make separate products for California and the rest of the country, you might as well just make them according to California's standards."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

34 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

I already pointed out the logical errors you are attempting to use.

However, lets pretend you are an actual professional economist, does that means you are going to shut up about climate science?  Certainly you did not study both.

I somehow suspect you consider yourself an expert on everything. An arbiter of truth, or just an arrogant blowhard?

The tools of econometrics are the same tools as climate science. The critical analyses in econometrics apply equally to climate science studies.

But of course, you would know none of that due to your lack of study of economics.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

15 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

These guys hate California so they downplay how much power the state has in the USA and the world.

Poor people in flyover states have no where near the purchasing power as Californians so nobody cares about them and their desire to drive a gas guzzler truck equipped with a gun rack. 

Every industry always caves to Californian demands.  Emission standards, energy star appliances, carcinogen removal, etc.   The list is very, very long and Cali never backs down. 

Ecodischarge should read this:

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/09/1121952184/the-impact-of-californias-environmental-regulations-ripples-across-the-u-s

"It's such a large market so that anything which California acquires for its own product sold in its state is going to resonate among national and global companies. If you don't want to have to make separate products for California and the rest of the country, you might as well just make them according to California's standards."

Again, you are not sticking to your point. If California bans fossil fuel vehicles, how will that impact the type of fossil fuel vehicles driven elsewhere? It won't. California is heading toward ground zero in terms of economic development, business security, personal security, legal sanity, whatever metric you care to mention.

Why would anyone consider living there? I was advised by friends in L.A. last year to forget about considering buying any real estate in California, everything has gone haywire in the state due to deadhead liberals in the government.

Just imagine, it will be illegal to interfere with a burglary or plundering in progress. Breakers of the law will be protected in their acts of violence by the law, and those who attempt to stop crime will be sent to jail.

Only in California could you see something like that. Who would invest in a state like that?

Edited by Ecocharger

31 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The tools of econometrics are the same tools as climate science. The critical analyses in econometrics apply equally to climate science studies.

But of course, you would know none of that due to your lack of study of economics.

So economics makes you a expert at everything?  How delightful.

I have a core science degree.  Everything spans from the core sciences so clearly I know everything. :)

Economics is almost like psychology, barely a science.  Sure it uses math but there is so much illogical stuff thrown in because of the human factor.

If economists were so smart why do businesses and the economy fail so God damn always?  A magic 8 ball can outperform some economists predictions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

5 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

So economics makes you a expert at everything?  How delightful.

I have a core science degree.  Everything spans from the core sciences so clearly I know everything. :)

Economics is almost like psychology, barely a science.  Sure it uses math but there is so much illogical stuff thrown in because of the human factor.

If economists were so smart why do businesses and the economy fail so God damn always?  A magic 8 ball can outperform some economists predictions. 

You seem to have trouble with basic reading skills....I said "econometrics" uses the same tools as climate science. You don't understand that?

No surprise given your complete lack of education in economics. Of course, non-economists who failed to get success in economics use sour grapes to denigrate the position they failed to achieve....ho-hum

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

No surprise given your complete lack of education in economics.

You don't understand the nature of the universe, due to your lack of education in the core sciences.  :)

Please stop attempting to employ logical fallacies (ad hominem, appeal to authority); it makes you look intellectually weak. 

FYI Econ would have been much, much easier than what I did.  I took all the required calculus etc. they take but also learned about experimentation and advanced statistics  Economics is mostly a bunch of garbage untestable theories that don't work in practice.   Armchair "scientists" with a legacy of failure.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

10 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

You don't understand the nature of the universe, due to your lack of education in the core sciences.  :)

Please stop attempting to employ logical fallacies (ad hominem, appeal to authority); it makes you look intellectually weak. 

FYI Econ would have been much, much easier than what I did.  I took all the required calculus etc. they take but also learned about experimentation and advanced statistics  Economics is mostly a bunch of garbage untestable theories that don't work in practice.   Armchair "scientists" with a legacy of failure.

Your lack of awareness of econometrics and how it relates to the tools of climate science does not speak well of your understanding of the space.

"Climate scientists" rely on statistical models whose rules of operation are the same as econometrics. "Climate scientists" sometimes are employed in political science departments, not as natural scientists. You seem unaware of that.

"Appeal to authority" is the basic requirement of any good climate agitator. Your people are addicted to it.

Your lack of knowledge of these basics explains a great deal. "Advanced statistics"? Not sure what that means in your universe. I have not seen any advanced statistical model awareness in your posts. Not impressed with your terminology on these issues. Not good.

Edited by Ecocharger

Good luck delivering goods to the populace in California.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

31 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Your lack of awareness of econometrics and how it relates to the tools of climate science does not speak well of your understanding of the space.

"Climate scientists" rely on statistical models whose rules of operation are the same as econometrics. "Climate scientists" sometimes are employed in political science departments, not as natural scientists. You seem unaware of that.

"Appeal to authority" is the basic requirement of any good climate agitator. Your people are addicted to it.

Your lack of knowledge of these basics explains a great deal. "Advanced statistics"? Not sure what that means in your universe. I have not seen any advanced statistical model awareness in your posts. Not impressed with your terminology on these issues. Not good.

"Econometrics" is bi-product of the more pure sciences. You don't use it on physical phenomena.  That like trying to do addition with a crappy economic model.  Basically fancy guessing.  Look it up for yourself the word "estimate" comes up frequently.  They do a bunch of math on made up numbers.   Garbage in garbage out.

FYI Climate science is done primarily by pure mathematicians, physicists, and computer scientists.  They remove the illogical human behaviour  from the equations, unlike economics which depends on guessing what stupid humans will do.

Enough of this, talk about the subject and stop obsessing about me.  Obviously you do not know how to formally debate.  I really don't care if you are impressed by me; try to understand, you are the joke and my playtoy like eyes shut.

Edited by TailingsPond

20 minutes ago, Rocketman72 said:

Good luck delivering goods to the populace in California.

California has the largest shipping port in the USA and also are a net exporter of goods. 

Rest assured ecodischarge Cali will continue to ship, but under their rules.

Avocados, wine, and almonds etc. yum.

Money talks and they have the money:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_GDP

25 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

"Econometrics" is bi-product of the more pure sciences. You don't use it on physical phenomena.  That like trying to do addition with a crappy economic model.  Basically fancy guessing.  Look it up for yourself the word "estimate" comes up frequently.  They do a bunch of math on made up numbers.   Garbage in garbage out.

FYI Climate science is done primarily by pure mathematicians, physicists, and computer scientists.  They remove the illogical human behaviour  from the equations, unlike economics which depends on guessing what stupid humans will do.

Enough of this, talk about the subject and stop obsessing about me.  Obviously you do not know how to formally debate.  I really don't care if you are impressed by me; try to understand, you are the joke and my playtoy like eyes shut.

You obviously are clueless, old bean, climate scientists (including the ones in political science departments) use exactly the same statistical modeling techniques as econometricians, and the same methods for critical analysis  of the results. If you had actually studied "advance statistics" you would know that. 

So what exactly was your subject of study? Geography? This is getting curious.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

California has the largest shipping port in the USA and also are a net exporter of goods. 

Rest assured ecodischarge Cali will continue to ship, but under their rules.

Avocados, wine, and almonds etc. yum.

Money talks and they have the money:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_GDP

Without a transportation system for goods the port will fail.

Just like the quality of life has already failed. My wife and I walked around downtown San Francisco last summer, it was an embarrassment.

9 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Without a transportation system for goods the port will fail.

Why won't they have transportation?

We have the technology! :)

3 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Why won't they have transportation?

We have the technology! :)

They are proposing to ban the use of fossil fuels?

14 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

You obviously are clueless, old bean, climate scientists (including the ones in political science departments) use exactly the same statistical modeling techniques as econometricians, and the same methods for critical analysis  of the results. If you had actually studied "advance statistics" you would know that. 

So what exactly was your subject of study? Geography? This is getting curious.

There are top-down and bottom-up approaches.

Using stats on old data is top down and filled with guesses and estimates.

Using physics, chemistry, and math to model the actual energy balance is a bottom up approach. 

I've worked with actual climate scientists, not much directly but lets just say our offices were right next to each other. :) You are in over your head here.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/David-Price-27

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stirling_(biologist)

7 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

They are proposing to ban the use of fossil fuels?

You think we need fossil fuel powered vehicles, when in fact, we do not.  We have the technology.

Do you know you can even run trains off electricity? :)

• Great Response! 1

1 minute ago, TailingsPond said:

There are top-down and bottom-up approaches.

Using stats on old data is top down and filled with guesses and estimates.

Using physics, chemistry, and math to model the actual energy balance is a bottom up approach. 

I've worked with actual climate scientists, not much directly but lets just say our offices were right next to each other. :) You are in over your head here.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/David-Price-27

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stirling_(biologist)

You sound like you are in a fog, old man, I have discussed these issues with physical scientists and they agree with me...you are clueless again.

• Upvote 1