ML

E-car Sales Collapse

(edited)

17 hours ago, El Gato said:

Gonna laugh my a$$ off this winter when all those morons in Jersey and New York have their EVs die on the interstates due to traffic jams from either accidents or blizzards. NE US traffic in the winter is NOTHING like the rest of country!

all wheel drive heavy EVs ??? sounds like they will have better traction than your typical 2 wheel drive ICE putt putt.........

you do know many EVs have dual motors (one in the front and one in the rear) with sensors that can adjust the drive/torque to  all 4 wheels independently??????

do you have a basis that drivers of EV's do not know how to drive in the snow compared to those that drive ICE vehicles????????

Truly you are clueless

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, El Gato said:

Gonna laugh my a$$ off this winter when all those morons in Jersey and New York have their EVs die on the interstates due to traffic jams from either accidents or blizzards. NE US traffic in the winter is NOTHING like the rest of country!

Wow talking of morons

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2023 at 1:05 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Members of the military are government employees.

Yes. They're part of the small percentage of government employees that are valued and respected by most citizens. Not like you'd know anything about either.

20 minutes ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

Yes. They're part of the small percentage of government employees that are valued and respected by most citizens. Not like you'd know anything about either.

In 2017, one third of all federal employees were veterans as opposed to only 6% of the total U.S. workforce, and almost 40% of new federal government hires in that same year came from the military.May 27, 2020

• Rolling Eye 1

7 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Just a spin on things, today it's known as clickbate.

10% of the market in 10 states, including balmy Colorado, is not spin.   It certainly doesn't equate to the topic here: "sales collapse".

39 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

In 2017, one third of all federal employees were veterans as opposed to only 6% of the total U.S. workforce, and almost 40% of new federal government hires in that same year came from the military.May 27, 2020

So... like I said; a minority are valued and respected. 

Not like you'd know anything about it.

Now do Canada, like where tailingspond comes from. 

14 hours ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

You are a 25 year Military Vet????? If you are not you are very dis-respectable of those that serve by calling yourself QuarterCenturyVet

(edited)

7 minutes ago, notsonice said:

You are a 25 year Military Vet????? If you are not you are very dis-respectable of those that serve by calling yourself QuarterCenturyVet

He's not.  Claims he is a "veteran of industry."  Like anyone thinks that when they read veteran - he knows it's Stolen Valour.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

3 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

He's not.  Claims he is a veteran of industry.  Like anyone thinks that when they read veteran, he knows it's Stolen Valour.

ahhhhh, one assumes when one claims he or she is a vet that they are Veterans of the Military. That was my take on his posting name he uses here. That he is a military Veteran with 25 years of service. I should of known better as he thinks more of himself than everyone else and has no discipline whatsoever in his comments.....definitely not the attributes of a 25 year MILITARY Vet. Even Veterinarians make the sure that you understand that they are animal Vets not military Vets

Edited by notsonice

Global plugin vehicle registrations were up 45% in August 2023 compared to August 2022, rising to 1,238,000 units. In the end, plugins represented 18% share of the overall auto market (with a 13% BEV share alone). This means that the global automotive market is firmly in the Electric Disruption Zone*. Add over 800,000 units coming from plugless hybrids and we have one quarter of global registrations having some form of electrification! (*People have asked me what the “Electric Disruption Zone” is. Basically, it is the steepest part of the tech adoption S-curve. Between 10–20% and 80–90% market share growth will accelerate, and then it will slow down on the way to 100%.)

Full electric vehicles (BEVs) represented 71% of plugin registrations in August, keeping the year-to-date tally at 70% share.

On 10/5/2023 at 6:28 PM, notsonice said:

all wheel drive heavy EVs ??? sounds like they will have better traction than your typical 2 wheel drive ICE putt putt.........

you do know many EVs have dual motors (one in the front and one in the rear) with sensors that can adjust the drive/torque to  all 4 wheels independently??????

do you have a basis that drivers of EV's do not know how to drive in the snow compared to those that drive ICE vehicles????????

Truly you are clueless

Nope, it you who missed the point. Traffic Jams. Cold. Winter. Those kill EVS on the interstates in NE US, siting there for hours, waiting for the accident or weather pattern to clear,while EV drivers sit there and watch their charges go to nothing, trying to keep warm. Already seen it. Gonna see it again

2 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Nope, it you who missed the point. Traffic Jams. Cold. Winter. Those kill EVS on the interstates in NE US, siting there for hours, waiting for the accident or weather pattern to clear,while EV drivers sit there and watch their charges go to nothing, trying to keep warm. Already seen it. Gonna see it again

Traffic Jams. Cold. Winter. kill EVS on the interstates in NE US, siting there for hours, ??????

more BS....

I live in a cold winter state and plenty of EVs around and have  yet to see your BS babble happen......

siting there for hours????...at most a 15 minute slowdown in traffic once in a while on the interstates in winter or cold weather is all I ever see and no EVs batteries running down to nothing or for that matter ICE vehicles running out of gas

here is the truth

In December, PolitiFact examined a similar claim that said electric vehicles are more likely to fail in traffic jams in cold weather. We found that to be false because the vehicles don't use much power while at a standstill or in their climate settings.Jan 7, 2022

You got some facts to back up your BS?????

On 10/5/2023 at 5:36 PM, TailingsPond said:

There are lots of EV's around here, much further north, and have been for years.

Will you laugh at all the people who's ICE cars fail to start at all on cold days?  Super common up here.  The solution is to plug-in your block heater which is a huge waste of electricity  - and it doesn't even charge the battery.

Fancy that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_heater

You severely lack the vehicle density of the US Northeast I-95 corridor. Its the EVS stuck hours in the cold on the interstates due to weather or Accidents, wathing there charges dwindle as they go no where, no where to plug in. At least ICE vehicles can have a can of gas brought to them by generous souls.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Traffic Jams. Cold. Winter. kill EVS on the interstates in NE US, siting there for hours, ??????

more BS....

I live in a cold winter state and plenty of EVs around and have  yet to see your BS babble happen......

siting there for hours????...at most a 15 minute slowdown in traffic once in a while on the interstates in winter or cold weather is all I ever see and no EVs batteries running down to nothing or for that matter ICE vehicles running out of gas

here is the truth

In December, PolitiFact examined a similar claim that said electric vehicles are more likely to fail in traffic jams in cold weather. We found that to be false because the vehicles don't use much power while at a standstill or in their climate settings.Jan 7, 2022

You got some facts to back up your BS?????

Really, I see mirages of the EVS who died on the interstate when their charges ran out due to long hours of traffic stalled in the cold? It was on the NEWS also for crying out loud! No I'm not go dig it out for you. Iv'e seen it with mine own two eyes. and if it wasn't so tragic for the poor suckers in the cars, I would have laughed

7 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Really, I see mirages of the EVS who died on the interstate when their charges ran out due to long hours of traffic stalled in the cold? It was on the NEWS also for crying out loud! No I'm not go dig it out for you. Iv'e seen it with mine own two eyes. and if it wasn't so tragic for the poor suckers in the cars, I would have laughed

I provided the link to the article that debunks your BS......

I see mirages of the EVS who died on the interstate????

get better glasses as what you thought was a mirage was just an hallucination

post your news stories as all you read was one guy making up bs that was debunked

No I'm not go dig it out for you????? yada yada yada another BS story out of the Gato

here is the debunking again

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jan/07/facebook-posts/theres-no-evidence-electric-vehicles-fare-worse-ga/

There’s no evidence electric vehicles fare worse than gas-powered cars in long traffic jams

Enjoy the read

Oil Bulls...Chinaman loves EVs , Enjoy the transition

Chinese EV makers on course to smashing 8.5 million 2023 sales target for mainland, industry players and observers say

• China’s 200 EV makers will need to sell another 4 million cars in the September-to-December period to meet the CPCA target of 8.5 million EVs sold
  • The target ‘can be achieved amid a new wave of promotional campaigns across the country’, Shanghai analyst says

US EV sales just keep skyrocketing!

Plug-In Vehicle Sales

A total of 132,029 plug-in vehicles (104,015 BEVs and 28,014 PHEVs) were sold during September 2023 in the United States, up 58.6% from the sales in September 2022. PEVs captured 9.91% of total LDV sales this month.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:35 PM, El Gato said:

A stopped EV uses essentially no power other than for heat.  If the battery gets low they could just turn the heater way down.

Not ideal for sure but with even moderate winter clothing people could endure "hours" of slow traffic and have enough battery to get home. 

Remember the problem isn't really the EVs, it's the traffic jam. ICE cars often don't do well in them either.

On 10/12/2023 at 4:57 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

US EV sales just keep skyrocketing!

Plug-In Vehicle Sales

A total of 132,029 plug-in vehicles (104,015 BEVs and 28,014 PHEVs) were sold during September 2023 in the United States, up 58.6% from the sales in September 2022. PEVs captured 9.91% of total LDV sales this month.

But now we see unsold EVs piling up on sales lots, a brick wall has stopped the fad.

Some interesting content over on youtube Electric Viking .. basically ..

The good news is that German car-makers are achieving their EVs 15% of total sales this year. The other news is that all those "German" EVs are made in China. IMHO, do you want to pay $32K for a Chinese EV, or would you rather pay $100K for a Chinese EV with a German logo on it?