ML

E-car Sales Collapse

(edited)

On 7/19/2024 at 4:47 AM, Jeroen Goudswaard said:

Modern day slavery (forced labour) is not handled through the WTO, but through the ILO. The WTO is there to encourage trade, not to enforce the treaties falling under different UN organizations.

Unfortunately, not all countries in the world have ratified the "forced labour" ILO 29. Especially the USA stands out as a major blocker (together with Afghanistan, and some Pacific micro-states) [see below]. I am uncertain why the USA does not want to ratify - I suspect it does not want to adhere to article 2 that bans the use of prison labour without government supervision (and many prisons are private endeavours). Hence, the WTO cannot use the ILO 29 to put blockers to "slaving countries", because a major playor does not play ball. 

In the end, the EU has chosen to just ban any product from its market made by forced labour (23 April 2024). 

image.png

Did they include China or North Korea? Just asking.

https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ilab/against-their-will-the-situation-in-xinjiang#:~:text=More broadly%2C according to varied,detention in re-education camps.

"There are reports of glove factories forcibly training and employing 1,500 to 2,000 ethnic minority adult workers with the government's support. Victim testimonies, news media, and think tanks report that factories, including for gloves, frequently engage in coercive recruitment; limit workers' freedom of movement and communication; and subject workers to constant surveillance, retribution for religious beliefs, exclusion from community and social life, and isolation. Further, reports indicate little pay, mandatory Mandarin lessons, ideological indoctrination, and poor living conditions. In some instances, workers have been reported to be subject to torture. More broadly, according to varied estimates, at least 100,000 to hundreds of thousands of Uyghurs, ethnic Kazakhs, and other Muslim minorities are being subjected to forced labor in China following detention in re-education camps. In addition to this, poor workers in rural areas may also experience coercion without detention. Workers are either placed at factories within the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, where the camps are located, or transferred out of Xinjiang to factories in eastern China."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

12 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

China is now investing huge money into developing a new generation of fossil fuel cars for the masses. Great.

China is ramping up coal production, great again.

Things are looking up.

"As of the end of June, the number of new energy vehicles in China reached 24.72 million, of which 18.134 million were pure electric vehicles. In the first half of the year, 4.397 million new energy vehicles were registered, a year-on-year increase of 39.41%."

In the first half of 2024 there were 16.8 million new sales of which 4.3 were new vehicle (including hybrids).

That is about 25% of the new market. Not anywhere near 60%.

Plugin EVs would be about 75% of that, or about 20% of the new market.

The last time I looked, 20% is much less than 60%.

And of the total vehicle fleet and market only about 4.1%. That means about 96% of the total Chinese vehicle fleet is fossil fuel.

And well over 99% of the transport sector is fossil fuel.

China is developing a new generation of fossil fuel vehicles to allow the masses to possess personal transportation.

The EV revolution is dead in the water before it ever really got going.

keep pushing your made up numbers.... its all you have

here is the truth

here is reality 

So far this year, cumulative retail sales of all passenger cars in China totaled 10,114,000 units, up 3 percent year-on-year. 

So far this year, cumulative retail sales of passenger NEVs in China totaled 4,243,000 units, up 33 percent from the same period last year.

source China NEV retail at 130,000 in Jul 1-7, up 3% from same period last month. China's NEV retail penetration stood at 47.44 percent in July 1-7, and 41.95 percent year-to-date. Retail sales of new energy vehicles (NEVs) in China rose moderately last week, as deliveries are typically slow at the beginning of the month.Jul 10, 2024.

Edited by notsonice

(edited)

6 minutes ago, notsonice said:

keep pushing your made up numbers.... its all you have

here is the truth

here is reality 

So far this year, cumulative retail sales of all passenger cars in China totaled 10,114,000 units, up 3 percent year-on-year. 

So far this year, cumulative retail sales of passenger NEVs in China totaled 4,243,000 units, up 33 percent from the same period last year.

source https://cnevpost.com/2024/07/10/china-nev-retail-jul-1-7-2024/#:~:text=Home » Industry News-,China NEV retail at 130%2C000 in Jul 1-7%2C up,from same period last month&text=China's NEV retail penetration stood,percent year-to-date.&text=Retail sales of new energy,the beginning of the month.

Here is the truth.

In the first half of 2024 there were 16.8 million new sales of which 4.3 were new vehicle (including hybrids).

And of the total vehicle fleet and market only about 4.1%. That means about 96% of the total Chinese vehicle fleet is fossil fuel.

China is developing a new generation of fossil fuel vehicles to allow the masses to possess personal transportation.

Source? The official Chinese news agency.

http://www.news.cn/politics/20240708/f655fffe62e84f60a8347c72be6379aa/c.html

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is the truth.

In the first half of 2024 there were 16.8 million new sales????

thanks for posting your made up numbers 

you never post your sources....as you have none

Keep up with babbling BS as you are the King of BS

https://cnevpost.com/2024/07/10/china-nev-retail-jul-1-7-2024/#:~:text=Home » Industry News-,China NEV retail at 130%2C000 in Jul 1-7%2C up,from same period last month&text=China's NEV retail penetration stood,percent year-to-date.&text=Retail sales of new energy,the beginning of the month.

China NEV retail at 130,000 in Jul 1-7, up 3% from same period last month. China's NEV retail penetration stood at 47.44 percent in July 1-7, and 41.95 percent year-to-date. Retail sales of new energy vehicles (NEVs) in China rose moderately last week, as deliveries are typically slow at the beginning of the month.Jul 10, 2024.

(edited)

7 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Chinese sales of fossil fuel cars are currently increasing and investments made in a new generation technology of fossil fuel cars for the masses.

About 96% of Chinese passenger vehicles are fossil fuel and over 99% of the transportation sector is fossil fuel. That is some massive dominance.

The age of EVs is drawing to a close.

Edited by Ecocharger

3 minutes ago, notsonice said:

In the first half of 2024 there were 16.8 million new sales????

thanks for posting your made up numbers 

you never post your sources....as you have none

Keep up with babbling BS as you are the King of BS

I guess you need new glasses, see above.

Here is the truth.

3 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I guess you need new glasses, see above.

Here is the truth.

another revised increase in sales 

EVs in 2025 ....oh boy what do you think 15 million in China alone

enjoy

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, notsonice said:

One little fact...96% of Chinese personal vehicles are fossil fuel...and over 99% of the transportation sector is fossil fuel.

Enough said.

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Did they include China or North Korea? Just asking.

https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ilab/against-their-will-the-situation-in-xinjiang#:~:text=More broadly%2C according to varied,detention in re-education camps.

"There are reports of glove factories forcibly training and employing 1,500 to 2,000 ethnic minority adult workers with the government's support. Victim testimonies, news media, and think tanks report that factories, including for gloves, frequently engage in coercive recruitment; limit workers' freedom of movement and communication; and subject workers to constant surveillance, retribution for religious beliefs, exclusion from community and social life, and isolation. Further, reports indicate little pay, mandatory Mandarin lessons, ideological indoctrination, and poor living conditions. In some instances, workers have been reported to be subject to torture. More broadly, according to varied estimates, at least 100,000 to hundreds of thousands of Uyghurs, ethnic Kazakhs, and other Muslim minorities are being subjected to forced labor in China following detention in re-education camps. In addition to this, poor workers in rural areas may also experience coercion without detention. Workers are either placed at factories within the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, where the camps are located, or transferred out of Xinjiang to factories in eastern China."

In North Korea and China, prisons are run by the government. So yes, they adhere to ILO 29. 

China doesn't seem to adhere to the "Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment", but so doesn't the USA (Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Bay). North Korea is not a signatory to this one either.

Mark you got the title wrong for this post.......

it should read

Bad news for Big Oil as E-cars keeps coming

and now we got an answer to why Crude oil was down again today

CASH FOR CLUNKERS is now at double the previous rate in China

EV sales will easily rocket up to 60 percent of new car sales in China in the next few months...........Clunkers are doomed

and the Saudis....they can try to sell sand...  

On 7/1/2024 at 9:26 PM, notsonice said:

China is a very racist country???

I do not know....just know they are building Inexpensive (cheap??? do not know if the quality is bad so I would not call them cheap or tinney) affordable EVs and plug in hybrids for the masses that are less cost than ICE vehicles 

The Chinese are ruthless competitors ....they obviously have no problems in being capitalistic when they need to wipe out their competition and Iron handed in ruling their own when it suits their political needs

as for their population decline...it is a lessen we know that bringing in immigrants grows the economy over a long term as The US has experienced from 1600 to now.......Having a country shrink in population.........??????  good luck to China as I believe without growth you stagnant  IE Italy and Japan and your younger people want to then leave for more energetic places to live...Who wants to live in a place with nothing but old people??????? changing adult diapers is not a career opportunity

look at Texas...it thrives and its populatiion is booming and  has the makeup that is distinctly 50 - 50 US/Mexican all due to its influx from south of the border or the influx from north of Texas...a booming place with booming inflows from all parts..Is Texas racist???do not know but my guess is actually no it is just a perception non Texas make up

Hispanic Texans are estimated to be the state's largest demographic group. Hispanic residents accounted for 40.2% of the state's population in 2021, while non-Hispanic white residents accounted for 39.4%, according to estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau.Sep 15, 2022

I am predominantly Hispanic and Apache, plus French, and Irish etc.  My people come from New Mexico. 

The current massive influx of people was done for political reasons IMHO. It was done to bolster the Democratic party chances. THe majority of  HIspanic Americans do not support it. It was done to insure the availability of cheap labor for wealthy capitalists who benefit from cheap wages paid in their various businesses 

We have not yet addressed the plethora of small electric vehicles. They entail bicycles, scooters, trikes, small farming trucks, that are often three wheeled, or four wheeled. 

All of the above vehicles are far below the price of American equivalents and could easily be sold here. I am thinking of getting an E-Trike that is actually a rickshaw without a cab. It has a 750 watt motor and could haul family or equipment around. It is suited for roads but would probably be banned from most. I am thinking more of recreation on bike paths that would allow it. I would carry it around on a small trailer like an ATV.  My wife and I would take turns driving it. 

(edited)

55 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

I am predominantly Hispanic and Apache, plus French, and Irish etc.  My people come from New Mexico. 

The current massive influx of people was done for political reasons IMHO. It was done to bolster the Democratic party chances. THe majority of  HIspanic Americans do not support it. It was done to insure the availability of cheap labor for wealthy capitalists who benefit from cheap wages paid in their various businesses 

Your post has nothing to do with EVs

do not know how you are trying to tie the border to EV sales.........

Illegals driving across the border in EVs disguised as Yuppies?????

insure the availability of cheap labor for wealthy capitalists???? nothing to do with politics.......

E-verify still does not exist under any administration.........

it is all about money........

the border issue has been going on for over 100 years........or should I say borders

Over half of the illegals in the US today enter the US legally

Edited by notsonice

On 7/30/2024 at 5:44 PM, notsonice said:

Your post has nothing to do with EVs

do not know how you are trying to tie the border to EV sales.........

Illegals driving across the border in EVs disguised as Yuppies?????

insure the availability of cheap labor for wealthy capitalists???? nothing to do with politics.......

E-verify still does not exist under any administration.........

it is all about money........

the border issue has been going on for over 100 years........or should I say borders

Over half of the illegals in the US today enter the US legally

Ford Has Been Losing Too Much On EVs

Doug McIntyre and Lee Jackson discuss Ford's (NYSE: F) surprising decision to convert a Canadian EV plant into one that builds Super Duty trucks, reflecting a broader industry shift. Despite prior commitments to electric vehicles (EVs), Ford seems to be reverting to traditional gas-powered trucks, questioning the feasibility of widespread EV adoption. Concerns about charging infrastructure, battery performance, and consumer demand are leading to skepticism about the government's EV goals. They also highlight the impact on investors, who prefer stable earnings from popular gas-powered vehicles over uncertain EV ventures.

It's Going Back To It's Roots To Make Money

Investors have to forget about yesterday in order to invest for tomorrow. That's why the smart money is already looking at three stocks that could be The Next Nvidia. We're making the report available for a limited time by clicking here now.

Transcript:

So Ford did something very odd today.

They took a Canadian EV plant and said, no, no, no, no, no.

We're not going to do that.

We're going to convert it for approximately three billion dollars into a plant that builds the super duty trucks.

Now, I don't know if you've seen a super duty truck, but take a Ford F-150 pickup, add about a ton to its weight, extra wheels in the back, a bigger engine, some guy who's a plumber or whatever can haul around 20,000 pounds worth of stuff.

And listen, it shows you what's happened to Ford and some other companies.

Ford said it would put $30 billion into EVs.

Farley, their CEO, said last year that by the end of last year, they'd be at the level where they could produce 600,000 EVs a year.

They launched their F-150 Lightning, which was supposed to be the big, big deal, because the F-150 gas powered truck is the top selling vehicle in America, and it has been for four decades.

What happened?

You take a plant that was going to build all your EVs and say, no, no, no.

It's going to build these massive gas guzzling trucks instead.

Well, with all due respect, I live in the South.

I see those trucks everywhere.

In addition to every model of F-150 you can imagine.

And yeah, I mean, the mere thought that they even...

Whoever sits down in a C-suite board meeting and says, look, you know, we can use our best product and bastardize or cannibalize it into an EV is nuts.

Because, you know, a lot of the people that drive an F-150 are hardworking, you know, blue collar Americans.

And they're never going to buy an electric model.

No, they aren't.

So I have to tell you something.

We're starting to see this.

You're starting to see assembly lines for EVs either being shut down.

I'm going to make a prediction.

More and more of these factories are going to be repurposed back to gas engine cars or hybrids.

The myth that half the cars sold in the United States would be EVs five years from now, which is what the government was talking about and all that.

Car companies were yakking about, that's not going to happen.

If you look at people who thought about an EV, I'm worried I can't find a charging station.

I'm worried how long it takes to charge.

I'm worried how far does it go on a charge.

What if it's a cold winter?

I'm worried that in the wintertime, the full charge doesn't go in.

I'm worried because they eat through tires faster than gas power.

There was a survey recently, a month and a half ago, that said about a third of the people who own an EV said that when they get rid of it, they're going to buy another.

Yeah.

Yeah.

And there's always the person that, that, they somehow want to be climate friendly or eco-friendly and they're thinking, and everybody wants a clean environment.

I mean, Teddy Roosevelt was the first one that started pounding the table on the clean environment.

And that was over a hundred years ago.

But there's one thing about trying to be, do good things for the environment.

And there's other fools errands like this, where you chase something that there is no infrastructure for.

Also, if you look at people who are investors, either institutional or individual, they look at car companies as nice places to get yields, to get steady earnings.

The minute that you start to change that into something that's where you're selling EVs and you don't know how well they're going to do.

If I buy a car stock, I want to know that they sell a lot of the cars that people want to buy today.

I want to make sure that my payout doesn't go away because the money went toward building some crazy EV plant.

So I think what's happening is the car industry is also tacking back to where it is where Wall Street likes the stocks.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

3 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Doug McIntyre and Lee Jackson discuss Ford's (NYSE: F) surprising decision to convert a Canadian EV plant into one that builds Super Duty trucks, reflecting a broader industry shift.

We will see how that all plays out.  Ford got government money for that EV factory.  These pundits can blab all they want, real contracts were drawn up.

It will also almost certainly still make some EV's, it was just intended to be 100% EV.  Also, it is not being "converted" as it has not yet been built.

There will be some repercussions.  I already explained this to Eco-illogical. 

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

3 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Car companies were yakking about, that's not going to happen.

Somehow these armchair quarterbacks yakking about is somehow more important? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

We will see how that all plays out.  Ford got government money for that EV factory.  These pundits can blab all they want, real contracts were drawn up.

It will also almost certainly still make some EV's, it was just intended to be 100% EV.  Also, it is not being "converted" as it has not yet been built.

Well, Ford has been losing money since it started building EV's. On each and everyone. I can understand changing back to ICE vehicles. I purchased New F-450 Limited the end of June, which I ordered last August 23rd. Now Ford is blasting my Inbox to buy a Lightning. LOL, fu*king junk. Too many recalls and fires associated with Lightnings. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

On 8/2/2024 at 8:12 PM, TailingsPond said:

You lost the argument, the Canadian government has not said one peep about the agreement being broken, you really are hopeless on that point.

The writing is on the wall, the EV revolution is over and dead, and even Climate Leader Trudeau has seen the writing on the wall and has not opened his mouth with any sign of dissent when EV production is scrapped and fossil fuel cars are increased production.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

31 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

You lost the argument, the Canadian government has not said one peep about the agreement being broken, you really are hopeless on that point.

When the repercussions hit be sure to acknowledge your mistakes.

Once again:

- What forms of pollution do you support regulating?

- Why do you want the USA to emulate China?

You can dodge questions all you want but others will see your refusal to answer simple things.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

21 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

When the repercussions hit be sure to acknowledge your mistakes.

Once again:

- What forms of pollution do you support regulating?

- Why do you want the USA to emulate China?

You can dodge questions all you want but others will see your refusal to answer simple things.

Your attempt to deflect this issue is laughable...the Canadian government has not said a single word of protest when Ford scrapped their EV plans and instead announced the production of fossil fuel vehicles...not a single word.

Trudeau knows that he would be smoked in the next election if he even dared to make the slightest peep of protest.

You must be off in another world again.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Your attempt to deflect this issue is laughable...the Canadian government has not said a single word of protest when Ford scrapped their EV plans and instead announced the production of fossil fuel vehicles...not a single word.

Trudeau knows that he would be smoked in the next election if he even dared to make the slightest peep of protest.

You must be off in another world again.

You are the deflector, you never answer simple questions.

FYI the province also contributed, funnily enough under the Ford government (Doug Ford).

As for a response, the government works really slow - their lawyers will get around this soon enough.  The government does not even have to make any announcements, they just can not give Ford the subsidy money due to P3 contract violations.

Edited by TailingsPond