On 10/14/2020 at 8:41 AM, frankfurter said:

well, you. and many others here, are against masks and lock down.  so, given the covid is very contagious and spread via exhale, what do YOU say is an effective means to stop the spread?  or are you saying covid is not contagious? 

I would suggest the obvious solution would be a full-face construction analogous to what commercial divers use.  Then the breathing hose is connected to a cannister, presumably worn on the belt, that contains some substance such as activated charcoal.  This type of set-up will totally block viral matter inside the charcoal.  For those not familiar with these full-face masks, think in terms of what the troops wore during gas attacks at the front in World War I.  That was when chemical attacks such as mustard gas were thrown at the opponent combatants.  

Now, admittedly, walking around with a full-face mask and charcoal cannister is a bit awkward.  But hey, if you have co-issues and a compromised immune system, or suffer from asthma or black lung disease, it sure will be better than nothing!  And for those not worried about it, then you can go without and take your chances.  

Is COVID a nasty disease?  Yes, in the original construction, it was.  Has it mutated?  Sure looks like it.  Do the mutations make it less fatal?  Again, looks like it.  Can COVID and similar diseased be stamped out in the West?  Only by isolating the West from China.   Don't do that, and don't be surprised when the next virus hits.  Because it will. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I would suggest the obvious solution would be a full-face construction analogous to what commercial divers use.  Then the breathing hose is connected to a cannister, presumably worn on the belt, that contains some substance such as activated charcoal.  This type of set-up will totally block viral matter inside the charcoal.  For those not familiar with these full-face masks, think in terms of what the troops wore during gas attacks at the front in World War I.  That was when chemical attacks such as mustard gas were thrown at the opponent combatants.  

Now, admittedly, walking around with a full-face mask and charcoal cannister is a bit awkward.  But hey, if you have co-issues and a compromised immune system, or suffer from asthma or black lung disease, it sure will be better than nothing!  And for those not worried about it, then you can go without and take your chances.  

Is COVID a nasty disease?  Yes, in the original construction, it was.  Has it mutated?  Sure looks like it.  Do the mutations make it less fatal?  Again, looks like it.  Can COVID and similar diseased be stamped out in the West?  Only by isolating the West from China.   Don't do that, and don't be surprised when the next virus hits.  Because it will. 

This is what gets me: The boy who cried wolf.

Once the cat is out of the bag, there are going to be a lot of angry people.  People who will not believe the governments when a really nasty one hits.  Until it's too late.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Can COVID and similar diseased be stamped out in the West?  Only by isolating the West from China.   Don't do that, and don't be surprised when the next virus hits.  Because it will. 

Exactly! And that's not the least bit political or xenophobic, just fact. 

For a variety of reasons, China is the breeding ground of nasty zoonotic viruses. And lest you haven't noticed, they keep getting nastier. 

I remind you: never has worldwide hegemony been more at stake. Biological warfare is inexpensive, deniable and immensely psychological. 

The new world order may well hinge not on military might and financial wizardry, but vaccines and viruses. Obviously, the "what if" is the situation whereby a particular country--desperate for hegemony--had a comprehensive vaccine against a particularly mortal virus. Ponder that for a long moment.  

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

A Personal Respirator for Healthcare Professionals Treating COVID-19 (PeRSo)

image.png.14d477f99a75061dfba34fe5b30ecb86.png

• Great Response! 3

On 10/14/2020 at 2:18 AM, Marcin2 said:

Technically it is possible to get rid of COVID-19 in US in 1 month, I mean totally, like in China. And later monitor the population and close whole cities or regions where new cases are found, the same as in China.

But democracy does not allow this, and that is why we like democracy.

Even when US was engaged in WW1 and WW2 such drastic measures were never applied to American population.

Only hostile attack by foreign power on US mainland (which is totally impossible) would justifiy such measures.

Maybe it sounds crazy but in democratic country the shortening of life of 200 thousand people (the COVID-19 situation) out of 330 million does not justify imposing de facto dictatorship on 330 milion people.

200 thousand may be acceptable to Americans, but what about 2 million to 6 million?

I would be surprised if Herd Immunity is a reliable result; the virus seems to be mutating to b more contagious, and presumably less fatal  (in order to avoid killing off its hosts).  That latter part may end up to be wishful thinking. 

If the virus keeps mutating, then Herd Immunity is an illusion. 

Your better bet is widespread availability of the "personal respirator" device some smart entrepreneur figured out, posted above by Dan Warnick.  Anybody who gets infected puts one of those puppies on.  The rest of the population can carry on as before, as long as you isolate the Chinese from the Western world. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

image.png.14d477f99a75061dfba34fe5b30ecb86.png

The above is not nearly protective enough for me. Today, just today, I bought a house with a very deep swimming pool. I have never before had a house with a pool, much less a deep pool, as I do not swim. But last week, on a whim, I bought a yellow submarine. No one else was bidding--socially distanced, masked up, some even wearing plastic flex shields. You couldn't understand the auctioneer and Mr. Pence's fly landed on the stubborn strands of my scant remaining hair and I am particular about my hair and reached up to brush his off, and, well, somehow I wound up with a perfectly good yellow submarine. It was delivered yesterday. To the house that I had truly bid on. So you can imagine their surprise when an 18-wheeler backed up and the arm of a crane deposited a yellow submarine--circa 1968--to the pool. I learned of it via the bill of lading, as the purchase price included transportation to any local address and this was their way of closing out the transaction. Immediately my brain leapt into action. I tried to Gentile down the price by saying that the pool was now ruined (though the yellow submarine had been my intent all along) and should we adjust the price downward. They demurred. Then they got really testy--through our realtors, of course--and accused me of demeaning the market value of the property by having an ancient yellow submarine deposited in their swimming pool. I am happy to report that we worked it out and I am writing this from within my yellow submarine. "Full speed ahead, Mr. Parker! Full speed ahead!" And with great satisfaction I hear back, "Full speed it is, Sergeant!" There is no way that Mr. Xi's coronavirus can get through the hatch of this little bastard. Heck, I barely got Ringo through. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

The above is not nearly protective enough for me. Today, just today, I bought a house with a very deep swimming pool. I have never before had a house with a pool, much less a deep pool, as I do not swim. But last week, on a whim, I bought a yellow submarine. No one else was bidding--socially distanced, masked up, some even wearing plastic flex shields. You couldn't understand the auctioneer and Mr. Pence's fly landed on the stubborn strands of my scant remaining hair and I am particular about my hair and reached up to brush his off, and, well, somehow I wound up with a perfectly good yellow submarine. It was delivered yesterday. To the house that I had truly bid on. So you can imagine their surprise when an 18-wheeler backed up and the arm of a crane deposited a yellow submarine--circa 1968--to the pool. I learned of it via the bill of lading, as the purchase price included transportation to any local address and this was their way of closing out the transaction. Immediately my brain leapt into action. I tried to Gentile down the price by saying that the pool was now ruined (though the yellow submarine had been my intent all along) and should we adjust the price downward. They demurred. Then they got really testy--through our realtors, of course--and accused me of demeaning the market value of the property by having an ancient yellow submarine deposited in their swimming pool. I am happy to report that we worked it out and I am writing this from within my yellow submarine. "Full speed ahead, Mr. Parker! Full speed ahead!" And with great satisfaction I hear back, "Full speed it is, Sergeant!" There is no way that Mr. Xi's coronavirus can get through the hatch of this little bastard. Heck, I barely got Ringo through. 

Brilliant! 🤣🤣🤣

42 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I would be surprised if Herd Immunity is a reliable result; the virus seems to be mutating to b more contagious, and presumably less fatal  (in order to avoid killing off its hosts).  That latter part may end up to be wishful thinking. 

If the virus keeps mutating, then Herd Immunity is an illusion. 

Your better bet is widespread availability of the "personal respirator" device some smart entrepreneur figured out, posted above by Dan Warnick.  Anybody who gets infected puts one of those puppies on.  The rest of the population can carry on as before, as long as you isolate the Chinese from the Western world. 

I do not know about virus mutations and it becoming more contagious and less lethal. Do  you know any studies that show this ?

About isolation of Chinese. There are very few new cases each day in China. I believe in these numbers. Even in China it would be difficult to cover up many COVID related deaths or thousands of new cases.

We need to admit that although Chinese model of governance = dictatorship generally sucks , in fight with COVID it is superior to our democracies.

Bee hive mentality and omnipotent state can fight COVID with much better results.

Whole Chinese society is just an Excel file for the CCP. They can impose any measures, like house arrest for 0.5 billion people in 24 hours.

No go in democracy.

I think that global COVID epidemic was an unfortunate mutation in poor sanitation conditions.

But it informed China about the potential new bioweapons.

Virus or bacteria that is lethal to both Chinese adn global populations.

But Chinese governance model can fight it and democracy cannot.

I bet they conduct intensive studies on new viruses. To be used against US in case of emergency.

2 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

But Chinese governance model can fight it and democracy cannot.

It is possible to have a democracy that isn't so divided / partisan. 

The problem in the US is you have highly polarized politics and biased media.  A democracy with a non-partisan approach to dealing with a viral threat can have a clear message to the population. 

• Rolling Eye 1

5 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I would be surprised if Herd Immunity is a reliable result

Even when the virus mutates, much like the Flu, a herd immunity evolves.  We even saw this with COVID, because many folks had T-cell immunity in response to coronaviruses.  There are many common coronaviruses (example: the common cold).  As an individual and a society is exposed to coronaviruses, their immune system starts to adapt. 

The majority of the population has not gotten gotten seriously sick from COVID.  How many here at Oil Price have had Covid?  How many of the grocery store workers have gotten Covid?  Likely most of the population which has been 'out and about' have been exposed to COVID...the virus is out there and will always be out there until after time, a herd immunity strongly develops.

Herd Immunity is a well recognized concept in the published medical literature going back decades.

See the "The Great Barrington Declaration" with thousands of medical professionals talking about the herd immunity.

https://community.oilprice.com/topic/21249-google-wants-you-dumbed-down-as-sheep-–-“the-great-barrington-declaration”/

Omaha, Nebraska City Council gets reprimanded repeatedly for being Covid tyranny dictators.

Chiropractic Dr. Ben Tapper slams the City council for the third time.

(3 minutes)

August 11th, 2020 – Tuesday

Dr. Ben Tapper Addressing Omaha City Council On Mask Mandate

(3 minutes)

• Great Response! 1

2 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

The problem in the US is you have highly polarized politics and biased media.  A democracy with a non-partisan approach to dealing with a viral threat can have a clear message to the population. 

That is well said Enthalpic.

The ultimate problem starts with the media and their censorship and omission of information.   If people really had the facts, then the corrupt government and authoritarian controllers would be dust.  I am even amazed at how little REAL history that Americans know, and it is entirely because of censorship.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Tom Nolan said:

Omaha, Nebraska City Council gets reprimanded repeatedly for being Covid tyranny dictators.

Chiropractic Dr. Ben Tapper slams the City council for the third time.

(3 minutes)

August 11th, 2020 – Tuesday

Dr. Ben Tapper Addressing Omaha City Council On Mask Mandate

(3 minutes)

Well spoken, articulate man.  He states what should be obvious, but in these times the narrative of the powerful few not only dominates but also caters directly to the lowly civil servant that is naturally drawn to expanding control thereby further justifying their own assumed value.

(edited)

7 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Bravo and a Kuto's to you. Ive had some quite deep thinking in the past yr or so. One hard fact of life i have finally settled on...What is the Value of a man who accomplishes little or not much in life. Sadly the answer is 0..just ask our female counterparts. To my point what have you accomplished for yourself...the small little things that just puts a grin on your face....no sense of duty or responsibility involved, just pure un adultarated joy....In moderation of course...LMAO

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

All you need to do is stop testing and stop paying Hospitals thousands of $ for each Covid death. Suddenly everything will set back to how it was before. Causes of death like flu, pneumonia etc. will again reappear. Note how total number of deaths in 2020 are not higher than in previous years.

But those in power want to force a New Abnormal on us and continue with their Covid Media Terrorism indefinitely (or at least until their Biden puppet wins, which is unlikely). Unfortunately, many people are so easily manipulated and trust sources that don't have good motives.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Well spoken, articulate man.  He states what should be obvious, but in these times the narrative of the powerful few not only dominates but also caters directly to the lowly civil servant that is naturally drawn to expanding control thereby further justifying their own assumed value.

France has had a national mask mandate since middle of August. They just had over 30,000 new cases in a day. Obviously masks do not protect against positive PCR tests....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Hotone said:

200 thousand may be acceptable to Americans, but what about 2 million to 6 million?

There are many, many successful approaches to handling sick patients from COVID-19.   Most people do not have to die from COVID, but Authoritarians wish to see high death rates because it strengthens their grip on the public who remain willingly ignorant of the many successful treatment options.

Here is one of many -

https://budesonideworks.com/

and here is another

https://www.stopcovidcold.com/

and

there is Ozone and Ultraviolet Light Blood Therapy which will stop Covid right away.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Radha said:

France has had a national mask mandate since middle of August. They just had over 30,000 new cases in a day. Obviously masks do not protect against positive PCR tests....

The CDC reluctantly admitted that those who wear masks are catching the virus at an 85% clip. So should we just say masks are 15% better than USELESS?

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

The CDC reluctantly admitted that those who wear masks are catching the virus at an 85% clip. So should we just say masks are 15% better than USELESS?

Wow, wards level of misunderstanding reaches a new high.

85% of new cases said they used a mask "always or often"

Wow people said they used masks always or often.  How often?  Is this like how often you floss?

Then the glaring math error...

Edited by Selva
inappropriate language
  • Rolling Eye 1

8 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Wow, wards level of misunderstanding reaches a new high.

85% of new cases said they used a mask "always or often"

Wow people said they used masks always or often.  How often?  Is this like how often you floss?

Then the glaring math error...

Its posts like this that ultimately made me leave this site last time, and ive only been back 2 days.

Enthalpic if you claim to be so bright and knowledgeable why do you feel the need to sink to such levels?

You sound like a 5 year old in the playground!

• Upvote 3

(edited)

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Its posts like this that ultimately made me leave this site last time, and ive only been back 2 days.

Enthalpic if you claim to be so bright and knowledgeable why do you feel the need to sink to such levels?

You sound like a 5 year old in the playground!

All he does is make these incessant troll remarks to denigrate the other participants on the Forum.  Then he complains that he is unemployed. 

Edited by Selva
Jan knows why
  • Great Response! 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

All he does is make these incessant troll remarks to denigrate the other participants on the Forum.  Then he complains that he is unemployed. 

I guess we all get to learn how to be tolerant of other people's opinions. He seems quite harmless to me. What we should instead really focus on are the demons that want to change the world with organized agendas such as 5G, Covid Terrorism against the world, Forcing Transgender "Education" on 8 year old children etc.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Radha said:

What we should instead really focus on are the demons that want to change the world with organized agendas such as 5G, Covid Terrorism against the world, Forcing Transgender "Education" on 8 year old children etc.

I am with ya!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Never complained, and I am not unemployed. You have to be looking for work to be unemployed.

• Rolling Eye 1