JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

10 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Good grief the growth percentage is year over year, not month over month, and they are for the EU not global!

Global plugin vehicle registrations were up 23% in September 2023 compared to September 2022, rising to 1,291,00 units. That’s a new all-time record. In the end, plugins represented 17% share of the overall auto market (12% BEV share alone).

Jay, European EV (or BEV) sales fell off a cliff between July and November of this year.

Show us the data for that. November sales were DOWN 3% YoY. That is a major decline for a 12 month period.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Rolling Eye 2

(edited)

8 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Oh Jay what on earth have you just done???

You have just demolished Eco's claim that EV sales have fallen off a cliff since July just like anyone with an ounce of economic understanding and half a brain already knew!

Cant wait for his rebuttal/deflection to try to dig himself out of this one!

You need to read the reports...November European EV sales are DOWN 3% compared to November 2022.

You are still having trouble with that number?

Jay doesn't seem to have a clue.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 2

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Jay, European EV (or BEV) sales fell off a cliff between July and November of this year.

Show us the data for that. November sales were DOWN 3% YoY. That is a major decline for a 12 month period.

You fool I answered you yesterday on the previous page. I'm guessing this is part of your attempt at deflection. Here is my answer yet again:

OMG!! You really don't know the difference between growth rate and total sales! So much for any claims you have about being an economist. November BEV sales were 30K higher than July.

In July 2023, new EU battery-electric car registrations substantially increased by 60.6%, reaching 115,971 units. Total July car sales= 851K

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registrations/new-car-registrations-15-2-in-july-battery-electric-13-6-market-share/

In November 2023, EU registrations of new battery-electric cars surged by 16.4%, totalling 144,378 units. Total Nov car sales= 885K 

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registrations/new-car-registrations-6-7-in-november-battery-electric-16-3-market-share/

Total car sales, the November increase over July was the 30k BEV units:

PC_November_2023_1.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

23 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You fool I answered you yesterday on the previous page. I'm guessing this is part of your attempt at deflection. Here is my answer yet again:

OMG!! You really don't know the difference between growth rate and total sales! So much for any claims you have about being an economist. November BEV sales were 30K higher than July.

In July 2023, new EU battery-electric car registrations substantially increased by 60.6%, reaching 115,971 units. Total July car sales= 851K

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registrations/new-car-registrations-15-2-in-july-battery-electric-13-6-market-share/

In November 2023, EU registrations of new battery-electric cars surged by 16.4%, totalling 144,378 units. Total Nov car sales= 885K 

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registrations/new-car-registrations-6-7-in-november-battery-electric-16-3-market-share/

PC_November_2023_1.png

No, Jay, you are deflecting like crazy.

The simple fact is that European EV sales are DOWN 3% in November 2023 from where they were twelve months previously.

And you are clueless as to how to explain that.

(edited)

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

No, Jay, you are deflecting like crazy.

The simple fact is that European EV sales are DOWN 3% in November 2023 from where they were twelve months previously.

And you are clueless as to how to explain that.

You dumb I just provided you with the sales numbers. Your number of 3% down included PHEVs which because of a sales spike last November in Germany had a terrible YoY this November in Germany. I know you don't consider PHEVs to be EVs so I just gave you the BEV numbers.

You need to deal with reality, BEV sales in November were up YoY and up over July. PHEV sales were down YoY only because of Germany. Note that PHEV were up over July.

Your claim that EV sales have fallen off a cliff since July is destroyed.

Here are the details:

November:

image.png.2fc4335888d899658646a8d44ebdcce4.png

July:

image.thumb.png.a06761b3c4ed1e344ddf2f331909672e.png

Oh and I just ran the numbers. The combined BEV + PHEV YoY November decrease was .07% not 3%.

image.png.42312d610c7c7230c6cfbd1064b2b8d4.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

13 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

PC_November_2023_1.png

Jay you cannot make someone see the truth if he is blind to it!

I'm afraid Eco has been shown to be wrong over and over again but like a limpit refuses to budge even when he knows deep down he is spouting rubbish.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 3:14 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

You dumb I just provided you with the sales numbers. Your number of 3% down included PHEVs which because of a sales spike last November in Germany had a terrible YoY this November in Germany. I know you don't consider PHEVs to be EVs so I just gave you the BEV numbers.

You need to deal with reality, BEV sales in November were up YoY and up over July. PHEV sales were down YoY only because of Germany. Note that PHEV were up over July.

Your claim that EV sales have fallen off a cliff since July is destroyed.

Here are the details:

November:

July:

image.thumb.png.a06761b3c4ed1e344ddf2f331909672e.png

Oh and I just ran the numbers. The combined BEV + PHEV YoY November decrease was .07% not 3%.

So the electric vehicle sector was actually DOWN 3%YoY in November.

No matter how you try to dance around it, that is a disaster for the electric vehicle movement.

And fossil fuel vehicles are still dominant in Europe.

The Green Dream is turning into a Green Nightmare.

(edited)

16 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Jay you cannot make someone see the truth if he is blind to it!

I'm afraid Eco has been shown to be wrong over and over again but like a limpit refuses to budge even when he knows deep down he is spouting rubbish.

Rob, that is rich coming from someone who refuses to acknowledge that British personal EV sales are turning down...you seem to have a common blind spot with Jay.

Am I surprised? No.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/361137/new-ev-sales-private-buyers-fall-14-cent#:~:text=Worryingly for a car industry,back by -14.3 per cent.

Edited by Ecocharger

5 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

So the electric vehicle sector was actually DOWN 3%YoY in November.

No matter how you try to dance around it, that is a disaster for the electric vehicle movement.

And fossil fuel vehicles are still dominant in Europe.

The Green Dream is turning into a Green Nightmare.

So you are admitting that PHEV are EVs. Don't ever try and tell us otherwise again.

And as I proved in my post the sector is down by .07% in Nov. YoY and it is only because of Germany. A great big nothing burger.

Let us also note that you are running away from your claim that EV sales have fallen off a cliff since July. 

The transition is just beginning and your losing is just accelerating.

9 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So you are admitting that PHEV are EVs. Don't ever try and tell us otherwise again.

And as I proved in my post the sector is down by .07% in Nov. YoY and it is only because of Germany. A great big nothing burger.

Let us also note that you are running away from your claim that EV sales have fallen off a cliff since July. 

The transition is just beginning and your losing is just accelerating.

PHEVs are co-electric co-fossil fuel vehicles. They are classified as electric according to the Green rules.

(edited)

More Green nonsense has bit the dust.

Self-driven EVs are an idea whose time has come and then passed. 

Goodbye to bad nonsense.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/the-self-driving-safety-concerns-that-led-to-teslas-recall-of-2-million-cars#:~:text=Tesla has recalled 2 million,over steering%2C braking and acceleration.

Edited by Ecocharger

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

PHEVs are co-electric co-fossil fuel vehicles. They are classified as electric according to the Green rules.

Then according to your rules the EV sector was up.  BEV sales in November were up YoY and up over July.

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

Goodbye to bad nonsense.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/the-self-driving-safety-concerns-that-led-to-teslas-recall-of-2-million-cars#:~:text=Tesla has recalled 2 million,over steering%2C braking and acceleration.

That recall was just a software update.

Goodbye to bad nonsense.

Self driving has nothing to do with Green. 

(edited)

Now we have reached a new high in panic-driven public insanity....do not take care of you yard or you may be jailed.

https://thepostmillennial.com/washington-state-proposes-bill-threatening-jail-time-10000-fine-for-using-gas-powered-leaf-blowers-in-attempt-to-combat-climate-change

"Washington State proposes bill threatening jail time, $10,000 fine for using gas-powered leaf blowers in attempt to combat climate change"

Edited by Ecocharger

2 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

That recall was just a software update.

The concept is impossible to implement without getting everyone to drive electric.

Now we have reached a new high in panic-driven public insanity....do not take care of you yard or you may be jailed.

https://thepostmillennial.com/washington-state-proposes-bill-threatening-jail-time-10000-fine-for-using-gas-powered-leaf-blowers-in-attempt-to-combat-climate-change

"Washington State proposes bill threatening jail time, $10,000 fine for using gas-powered leaf blowers in attempt to combat climate change"

No one is going to miss their horrible racket. Use an electric leaf blower.

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Then according to your rules the EV sector was up.  BEV sales in November were up YoY and up over July.

The electric sector was down 3% YoY.

I cannot wait to see December numbers.

(edited)

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

No one is going to miss their horrible racket. Use an electric leaf blower.

I prefer the noise which makes a good statement for fossil fuel protest against the Green nonsense.

Edited by Ecocharger

Just now, Ecocharger said:

The concept is impossible to implement without getting everyone to drive electric.

Self driving works as well with ICE as BEV. 

GM offers Super Cruise on a wide array of ICE:

image.thumb.png.ded24355fa78ccaa133e8f882e21f1d9.png

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Self driving works as well with ICE as BEV. 

GM offers Super Cruise on a wide array of ICE:

image.thumb.png.ded24355fa78ccaa133e8f882e21f1d9.png

Neither works unless everyone is coerced to join the system.

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The electric sector was down 3% YoY.

I cannot wait to see December numbers.

No it was down .07%. As an econometrics genius surely you can run the numbers. 

The combined BEV + PHEV YoY November decrease was .07% not 3%.

(edited)

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

No it was down .07%. As an econometrics genius surely you can run the numbers. 

The combined BEV + PHEV YoY November decrease was .07% not 3%.

The official number is down 3%...I guess they use a different system from yours, Jay.

I will take the official number.

Not that I don't trust you, you understand.

Edited by Ecocharger

Neither works unless everyone is coerced to join the system.

Actually Super Cruise works quite well today on ICE and BEV vehicles. It has nothing to do with Green.

This is most definitely an ICE:

GM's Super Cruise Hands-Free Driving Feature Blew My Mind Over 2,000 Miles

On a road trip deep into Canada with the loaded GMC Yukon Denali Ultimate, one big thing stands out.

APR 11, 2023

gm super cruise

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a43547786/gm-super-cruise-explained/

The official number is down 3%...I guess they use a different system from yours, Jay.

I will take the official number.

Not that I don't trust you, you understand.

You goober. ACEA is the official number.

About ACEA

The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association, or ACEA, unites Europe’s 14 major car, truck, van and bus makers.

We are the voice of the auto industry: a technological world leader and the backbone of the EU economy. Our members keep Europe on the move, providing diverse solutions for moving people and goods from A to B.

• Haha 1