JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

16 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Funny thing is that almost all of our subsidies are done through tax cuts. But your crew love cutting taxes on the wealthy. 

image.png.ebab074740f3678dc31c530ec9169f1d.png

In other words, Biden plans to raise taxes...should we be surprised?

9 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

In other words, Biden plans to raise taxes...should we be surprised?

I guess you like subsidizing the rich.

12 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is the ONLY key sentence in this entire "pledge" mishmash,

"While China and India have signalled support for tripling renewable energy by 2030, neither backed the overall pledge on Saturday - which pairs the ramp-up in clean power with a reduction in fossil fuel use"

In other words, nada, nothing, just the usual nonsense.

A tripling of renewables by them would mean that fossil fuel use would not grow. And they are big but they are only two countries.

China is going to use less coal, despite reports to the contrary

Business & Technology

Hydro, wind, and solar power are stabilizing, and burning the dirtiest of fossil fuels is near the plateau it must reach before coal is dethroned.

David Fishman Published September 21, 2023

Now is not a great time to start a career as a coal miner in China, as insiders predict that demand will soften in industries that use the dirtiest fossil fuel to power production of electricity, steel, petrochemicals, and building materials.

“China’s cement production capacity has now plateaued at around 1,800 kilos per capita,” a Chinese Cement Association representative told the 2023 Coal Market Summit in early September in Nanning. “This is much higher than the production capacity levels of developed economies. We expect this number to drop long-term, following the slowing demand from the real estate sector.”

Coal traders and shippers attending the summit, held not far from the major coal-processing ports of southwestern China, hung on every word from the industry reps, eager for insights into prices and demand for coal in the coming months to aid them in their navigation of China’s real estate downturn.

Early in September, economists lowered the Chinese economic growth outlook to 5% for 2023, down from the 5.5% forecast in a July survey, leaving room for more downgrades.

No matter how the Chinese economy performs in the coming months and years, the best days of the cement industry are surely behind it. The industry rep went on to explain how the sector is preparing for a long-term drawdown in production capacity over the next 13 years, expecting to stabilize somewhere around 700 kilos per capita by 2036 — a 61% drop from current levels. This long-term slide, he said, would show up in 2023 as a 2.7% decrease in cement industry coal demand.

For traders and shippers at the summit, no detail was too small. What would coking coal cost in November? Would demand for thermal coal in urea production hold? These sector-level nuggets of intel could determine the difference between profit and loss.

When will China’s coal peak?

Back in 2021, Xí Jìnpíng 习近平 told the world that China would cap its coal consumption in 2025, five years ahead of the 2030 carbon peak targeted for the country as a whole.

While the 2030 carbon peak has been reported widely, the 2025 coal peak has received less attention, despite coal consumption being China’s single-largest source of carbon emissions. Peaking coal consumption is a crucial milestone toward peaking carbon emissions, and many industry stakeholders and analysts think these milestones could arrive a few years ahead of schedule.

“This 2030 timeline from the Chinese government is more like the final deadline, not a target,” one coal trader at the summit said.

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I guess you like subsidizing the rich.

I guess you never saw a tax increase you didn't like.

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

A tripling of renewables by them would mean that fossil fuel use would not grow. And they are big but they are only two countries.

Business & Technology

Hydro, wind, and solar power are stabilizing, and burning the dirtiest of fossil fuels is near the plateau it must reach before coal is dethroned.

David Fishman Published September 21, 2023

Now is not a great time to start a career as a coal miner in China, as insiders predict that demand will soften in industries that use the dirtiest fossil fuel to power production of electricity, steel, petrochemicals, and building materials.

“China’s cement production capacity has now plateaued at around 1,800 kilos per capita,” a Chinese Cement Association representative told the 2023 Coal Market Summit in early September in Nanning. “This is much higher than the production capacity levels of developed economies. We expect this number to drop long-term, following the slowing demand from the real estate sector.”

Coal traders and shippers attending the summit, held not far from the major coal-processing ports of southwestern China, hung on every word from the industry reps, eager for insights into prices and demand for coal in the coming months to aid them in their navigation of China’s real estate downturn.

Early in September, economists lowered the Chinese economic growth outlook to 5% for 2023, down from the 5.5% forecast in a July survey, leaving room for more downgrades.

No matter how the Chinese economy performs in the coming months and years, the best days of the cement industry are surely behind it. The industry rep went on to explain how the sector is preparing for a long-term drawdown in production capacity over the next 13 years, expecting to stabilize somewhere around 700 kilos per capita by 2036 — a 61% drop from current levels. This long-term slide, he said, would show up in 2023 as a 2.7% decrease in cement industry coal demand.

For traders and shippers at the summit, no detail was too small. What would coking coal cost in November? Would demand for thermal coal in urea production hold? These sector-level nuggets of intel could determine the difference between profit and loss.

When will China’s coal peak?

Back in 2021, Xí Jìnpíng 习近平 told the world that China would cap its coal consumption in 2025, five years ahead of the 2030 carbon peak targeted for the country as a whole.

While the 2030 carbon peak has been reported widely, the 2025 coal peak has received less attention, despite coal consumption being China’s single-largest source of carbon emissions. Peaking coal consumption is a crucial milestone toward peaking carbon emissions, and many industry stakeholders and analysts think these milestones could arrive a few years ahead of schedule.

“This 2030 timeline from the Chinese government is more like the final deadline, not a target,” one coal trader at the summit said.

Publication? You are being excessively coy about your sources, Jay.

Coal is ramping up in China.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

Germany, the leader in the fight against the Climate, is experiencing unexpected severe hot weather due to Global Warming. This gives greater urgency to the world-wide revolution against this threat to all decent people.

These pictures tell the story.

https://www.dw.com/en/snowstorms-winter-weather-halt-traffic-flights-in-germany/g-67616773

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

I guess you never saw a tax increase you didn't like.

Not a tax increase on the rich that increased national debt. You are just going to lose this one in stunning fashion. Please keep making a fool of yourself for us to laugh at.

And again, subsidies on renewables are tax cuts.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Not a tax increase on the rich that increased national debt. You are just going to lose this one in stunning fashion. Please keep making a fool of yourself for us to laugh at.

And again, subsidies on renewables are tax cuts.

Subsidies are paid for by Santa Claus? I thought that subsidies were paid for by the government putting its sticky hands into your pocket.

Edited by Ecocharger

Just now, Ecocharger said:

Subsidies are paid for by Santa Claus? I thought that subsidies were paid for by the government putting its sticky hands into your pocket.

Well that is because you are an idiot. The government is created by the Constitution which I assume you claim to revere. That Constitutional government runs on taxes since day 1 and when you cut them and then claim that government is the problem because it is failing clearly shows that you are the anti Constitutional problem.

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Well that is because you are an idiot. The government is created by the Constitution which I assume you claim to revere. That Constitutional government runs on taxes since day 1 and when you cut them and then claim that government is the problem because it is failing clearly shows that you are the anti Constitutional problem.

If you think that higher taxes are the answer to everything, you should vote Democrat next year.

By the way Jay, the source for your blurb above? I guess you are ashamed of it, I can understand that.

I notice that you often fail to give your sources. That is a wise idea. 

Edited by Ecocharger

Just now, Ecocharger said:

If you think that higher taxes are the answer to everything, you should vote Democrat next year.

You are an idiot. As I have told you many times. When I was young I voted libertarian. Then I got a doctorate studying under David D Friedman, Milton's son, and whom is considered the head of the Utilitarian School of Anarcho Capitalism. A few years after graduation I realized that everything he pronounced was pure BS!!!  Since then I have voted Democrat and will continue to do so.

Meanwhile you are too embarrassed to even tell us where you went to economics school.

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You are an idiot. As I have told you many times. When I was young I voted libertarian. Then I got a doctorate studying under David D Friedman, Milton's son, and whom is considered the head of the Utilitarian School of Anarcho Capitalism. A few years after graduation I realized that everything he pronounced was pure BS!!!  Since then I have voted Democrat and will continue to do so.

Meanwhile you are too embarrassed to even tell us where you went to economics school.

Are you too embarrassed to give your source for the blurb above? I am waiting.

And how do you like the weather today?

Edited by Ecocharger

3 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is the ONLY key sentence in this entire "pledge" mishmash,

"While China and India have signalled support for tripling renewable energy by 2030, neither backed the overall pledge on Saturday - which pairs the ramp-up in clean power with a reduction in fossil fuel use"

In other words, nada, nothing, just the usual nonsense.

a1KD0A6_460s.jpg

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Are you too embarrassed to give your source for the blurb above? I am waiting.

Blurb on what you pathetic ditch implement? 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Just now, Eyes Wide Open said:

a1KD0A6_460s.jpg

Says the imbecile who continues to have nothing to say.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Blurb on what you pathetic ditch implement?

Where did you find this?

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Where did you find this?

Well if you were a competent economist you would just select the text and then ask for it to be searched. Obviously such basic analysis techniques are way beyond you. Especially considering that 3 times in the past week I have pointed out that your quotes were not in the link you cited.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Well if you were a competent economist you would just select the text and then ask for it to be searched. Obviously such basic analysis techniques are way beyond you. Especially considering that 3 in the past week I have pointed out that your quotes were not in the link you cited.

In other words, this source is too embarrassing for you to mention. I get you.

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

In other words, this source is too embarrassing for you to mention. I get you.

Source to what you imbecile? David Friedman was my graduate thesis advisor at Santa Clara U., you are too embarrassed of your education to tell us about it. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Source to what you imbecile? David Friedman was my graduate thesis advisor at Santa Clara U., you are too embarrassed of your education to even lie about it. 

I have never heard of any economics degree without econometrics.

Now, if you are embarrassed about your quote about Chinese coal above, okay, do not give us your source.

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

I have never heard of any economics degree without econometrics.

Now, if you are embarrassed about your quote above, okay, do not give us your source.

Quote to what you dumbass? My quote was about my personal experience.  And I passed econometrics with an A. That has nothing to do with graduate work. You are the one who is still too cowardly to tell us about where you supposedly got an econ degree.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Source to what you imbecile? David Friedman was my graduate thesis advisor at Santa Clara U., you are too embarrassed of your education to tell us about it. 

here-we-go-again.gif

Just now, Eyes Wide Open said:

here-we-go-again.gif

So nothing, right on cue.

• Haha 1